• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Odds That Rudolph Gets Traded?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Odds that Rudolph gets traded before the regular season?
I'm hearing yes and no in the media. Barring injury to any of the QB's I say it's 80/20 that he's outta here.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm….not sure what the market value would be for a trade. Baker going for a conditional 5th round to me made Rudolph’s trade value even less possibly-I could be wrong. I think him being released and picked up by someone else is a stronger chance, but Garoppolo has a chance to be released prior to opening day. Maybe they sit in Rudy and he becomes trade material by the trade deadline mid season to a team with a QB need that lost their QB to injury.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I want to see him win the #1 QB spot, just to see all the haters heads explode. I personally think Mitch has a much harder road, as he has the most pressure on him.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Rudy is serviceable and will always be a back-up. Drafting Pickett sealed his fate here. He may back-up Trubisky this year and let KP learn behind the vets. That's if he's not moved for a pick to a desperate team needing a QB.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the going rate for a 2nd or 3rd string QB?

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless a team needs a backup QB, I see him staying where he is. Right now, he isn't worth much, and I doubt the Steeler phone is ringing.
They'll keep 3 QB's and he'll be one of them. It will be interesting to see who gets a hat on gameday.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hearing yes and no in the media. Barring injury to any of the QB's I say it's 80/20 that he's outta here.
Unless someone offers something stupid or the other rookie really really impresses I would reverse those odds. I think he is the 2 this year based on readiness.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Jim Wexell, the longtime Steelers beat writer, will be on Stan Savran's ESPN 970 show at 1:20 p.m. today and likely will address this subject.

In fact, Jim has written that Rudolph may well be the starter for Game 1. His reasons why are interesting. He's always worth a listen.
I feel that I could honestly say to Wexell that Rudolph's chances are just a slight bit better than his of starting if Trubisky stays healthy. The Steelers know exactly what Rudolph is. If he starts they look like ****** idiots for bringing Trubisky in. One certain with the Steelers. Follow the $.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Steelers most definitely know what they have in Mason since they've seen his body of work for four seasons now. He's not the most mobile guy so that limits him in Canada's offense so there's that. Barring an injury to Mitch or Kenny I think they move him end of camp if not a bit sooner. Didn't invest #20 pick on Kenny tp be third sting and not even get a helmet. I want to see Kenny and Mitch take lots of the snaps this summer and in the abbreviated pre season games. Already have seen enough of Mason and his first round pedigree the Steelers gave him.
As far as a return for Mason! Depends what the trade partner is looking for. I would assume a back-up to their starter so a sixth perhaps. Depends how desperate that team happens to be.

Stewey

Reaction score
I'm hearing yes, no and maybe.
...and maybe not. lol

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I think someone will have a qb injury and will give us a fifth for him… again his stats aren’t as bad as people make them out to be.
That’s what I’m thinking. Someone else’s #1 or #2 goes on IR and they’ll be calling.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Jim Wexell, the longtime Steelers beat writer, will be on Stan Savran's ESPN 970 show at 1:20 p.m. today and likely will address this subject.

In fact, Jim has written that Rudolph may well be the starter for Game 1. His reasons why are interesting. He's always worth a listen.
Did anyone happen to hear this report? The only reason I could anticipate Rudolph starting the season is if the team wanted to cement itself as a mediocre team and provide the fans with zero excitement.