• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Odds That Rudolph Gets Traded?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Smart deal for the 49ers.
Really it is. They were going to have to trade for a backup anyhow and he was never going to get that money on the open market while recovering from his injury… he gets several million more than he would have if they simply cut him.. and they likely get a comp pick from it

He also has total control of his future with a no franchise and no trade clause… he can rehab in peace, play in a familiar system if called on, and be a lucrative free agent next offseason

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Definitely a good move. I dont think Lance has any business starting in the NFL right now. He better be extremely gifted and very smart to have any shot. I have nothing against lance he just has so little experience I am still shocked he went so early in the draft. I think getting a 3rd for Mason is a pipe dream. We drafted him in the 3rd, he is older, and has not lit the world on fire. Has any team ever given a 3rd for a backup QB?? I dont think we can realistically expect anything higher than a 5.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Really it is. They were going to have to trade for a backup anyhow and he was never going to get that money on the open market while recovering from his injury… he gets several million more than he would have if they simply cut him.. and they likely get a comp pick from it

He also has total control of his future with a no franchise and no trade clause… he can rehab in peace, play in a familiar system if called on, and be a lucrative free agent next offseason
they could also trade him midseason now that his salary is way more atractive

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Right but he has a no yrade clause, so he literally can pick where he wants to be
yeap, the scenario would be going to a playoff team that lost the starter and wants to spend a relatively high draft pick for him

madinsomniac

Reaction score
yeap, the scenario would be going to a playoff team that lost the starter and wants to spend a relatively high draft pick for him
Thats assuming that he isn’t starting in San Francisco by then… Lance might not be ready

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know where I rank him as a backup. And to be fair there is some pretty questionable starters in the NFL at the position. But one good point is he has had many opportunities to impress. Behind doors closed to media/ public looks. He impressed so much the team drafted and brought in a QB they viewed as a potential starter. So sure they were probably leaning in the direction that is unfolding for multiple reasons. I think he had a decent preseason but won't paint him with a brush on exactly what he is. But for him to have gotten the start he would have had to show something above and beyond than what they already have seen at one point in time. I don't think he did that...
Not to that extent.

EXCELLENT post and thanks for the many others along the way.!!

Salute the nation