• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Odds That Rudolph Gets Traded?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Is it just me or is there a lot of doom and gloom surrounding the QB room. Madden says he heard Pickett isn't ready for exhibition games which I think is bullshit. And Trubisky is a hot mess.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again.....If Canada and Tomlin trot out the same sorry *** offense we watched all last season, it won't matter who the QB is. I heard all offseason how Canada had to limit his offense because Ben was immobile. We will see if that is truly the case. He has 4 QB's on the roster that are far more mobile than Ben was last year, so there shouldn't be any issues, right? Canada should be cutting it loose. We'll see.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Agreed. " Better line" " more mobile qb". And old Ben who was done before last year as many say, is gone. Should be a new day of greatest show on turf!

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Can someone name me a free agent that worked out for the Steelers? Melvin Gordon, Wisniewski, Mark Barron, Moncrief, Morgan Burnett?
Maybe it’s me but every year we seem to sign a “missing piece” in an important position and they flop. Maybe Trubisky is this years flop.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, total BS comparison. Try comparing his first 10 starts to almost every other QB in their first 10 starts, THAT is where the comparison looks pretty favorable to Rudy overall. You are NOT giving his fair due. He has played pretty damn well for a guy in his first 10 starts PARTICULARLY when the factors I mentioned are taken into account. Ben's start was the exception not the rule and he had VERY favorable conditions to start his career. A QB in his first 10 starts with a winning record and rating above 80 puts him in the top half of all QB going back to the early 90's. Considering the **** show offense he has been forced to run and the absolute beating he has endured I am pretty high on what he has accomplished. This hate is purely irrational and unwarranted. The kid is one tough SOB to have come back and played after the Ravens hit knocked his out cold, and on a play that was very Ben like if you go back and watch it. He shouldn't have been back in for at least 4 more weeks than he was given. Hell I wasn't sure he would ever play again after that hit. But sure lets blame a guy who had started just a few games at that point for the fiasco that was Fichtner's offense. Canada wasn't much better last year and Rudy had to overcome that and not knowing he was the starter until the night before and then was asked to throw 50 times. Genius move by Canada.
Yeah, I debunked this BS argument of yours months ago. QB ratings have skyrocketed among all quarterbacks since the mid-90s, guy. And Ben led the league in passing yards during Fichtner's first year, with a passer rating of 96.5, and had a rating of 94.5 in his other full season under Fichtner at the age of 38.

I've already told you several times that I don't hate Rudolph, he just is what he is: an above average NFL backup.

Again, all you can give is every excuse known to mankind for his ****** play. You have to be his ******* uncle, or something. God bless you. I'm done arguing with you about it; let's see how it plays out.

Side note Detroit also got some very key guys back for that game that had been missing. Go look what they did from there on out.
I went and looked, and actually in the 8 games before the Lions played the Steelers, they gave up 244 yards per game passing. In the 8 games afterwards, they averaged 276 allowed. So what the **** are you talking about?

Side note: I can see why you're so proud of those 16 points your hero put on the board in those 4 and 2/3 quarters.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn BOY!
Can’t ignore the fact that your reading comprehension sucks!
What part of me calling him an average back up/game manager equates to me proclaiming him a starting QB

Learn to read, or just keep pushing the same sorry *** tired narrative that pins all the ineptness on said average backup absolving all accountability from the horrid OC, OL and D that disappeared

Is there something wrong with running the ball when that works? Probably said average game manager backup’s fault as well.

That reply was just efftarded
My reading comprehension is fine, chief. You see, that's why I specifically said "SOME OF YOU" can't understand it. I was fully aware of what YOU said, although that particular statement you made about Rudolph being a backup or game manager clearly contradicts your never-ending efforts to defend him and put the blame on everything and anything else.

Never saw a guy so passionate and defensive about someone he supposedly believes to be an "average backup." But, yeah, I'm the "efftard." Great point.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone name me a free agent that worked out for the Steelers? Melvin Gordon, Wisniewski, Mark Barron, Moncrief, Morgan Burnett?
Maybe it’s me but every year we seem to sign a “missing piece” in an important position and they flop. Maybe Trubisky is this years flop.
Potsie, Ryan Clark, Kimo, Kevin Green, Hartings.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Montravius Adams was probably best FA from last year which says a lot to your point.

Maybe Wallace, Jack or Daniels will be more impactful than recent scrap heap recycle projects that have been through?

skialta

Reaction score
We're all sitting over here thinking Rudolph is as good as gone, but I read a post breaking down the qb play and Rudolph's numbers were way better than everybody else.
If Tomlin and Co. really have an open quarterback competition, Rudolph is winning it thusfar. *
*As said from someone in his skivvies 500 miles away from camp*

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
My reading comprehension is fine, chief. You see, that's why I specifically said "SOME OF YOU" can't understand it. I was fully aware of what YOU said, although that particular statement you made about Rudolph being a backup or game manager clearly contradicts your never-ending efforts to defend him and put the blame on everything and anything else.

Never saw a guy so passionate and defensive about someone he supposedly believes to be an "average backup." But, yeah, I'm the "efftard." Great point.
Have consistently called him average and a backup
Just as I’ve consistently called out Canada for being the worst OC in the league

Not a defense of him, just not pushing a BS narrative like you, thanks for playing

And there’s only one of me so if you want to quote me, speak directly to things I’ve said, it’s pretty simple.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
We're all sitting over here thinking Rudolph is as good as gone, but I read a post breaking down the qb play and Rudolph's numbers were way better than everybody else.
If Tomlin and Co. really have an open quarterback competition, Rudolph is winning it thusfar. *
I don't want to call practice stats useless, but I wouldn't read too much into them.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
It’s
Montravius Adams was probably best FA from last year which says a lot to your point.

Maybe Wallace, Jack or Daniels will be more impactful than recent scrap heap recycle projects that have been through?
been awhile since we pulled a James Farrior, Jeff Harting or Ryan Clark out of free agency. Maybe Colbert saved the best for last.

Wolf44

Reaction score
So, I guess your expertise didn’t get you the job? Must not know as much as you think.

IF you had an ounce of observational skill you would know he has. YOu like others would have cut Terry Bradshaw after 10 starts. He was far worse than Mason for far longer as starts go. Mr. Check Down has the highest YPC average in camp for what that's worth.
Yeah Rudolph has the same tools as Bradshaw. LMFAO.
Bradshaw was the 1sr overall pick for a reason, the best arm in NFL history, a physical freak. Rudolph is a mediocre to poor athlete.

Highest YOC average without being hit. Again we have 4 years on him and the Steelers either are stupid and panicked by immediately going after Trubisky and Pickett or they are smart and knew Rudolph is a POS . The players, former players and a bunch of analysts and announcers much smarter than any of us all bashed Rudolph and the Steelers actions also affirm this belief.

But bringing up Bradshaw shows how little ammo you have for the POS Rudolph. He is done as a Steelers his incredible training camp YPC is his career highpoint not his terrible game play or lack of points when he starts.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Rudolph has the same tools as Bradshaw. LMFAO.
Bradshaw was the 1sr overall pick for a reason, the best arm in NFL history, a physical freak. Rudolph is a mediocre to poor athlete.

Highest YOC average without being hit. Again we have 4 years on him and the Steelers either are stupid and panicked by immediately going after Trubisky and Pickett or they are smart and knew Rudolph is a POS . The players, former players and a bunch of analysts and announcers much smarter than any of us all bashed Rudolph and the Steelers actions also affirm this belief.

But bringing up Bradshaw shows how little ammo you have for the POS Rudolph. He is done as a Steelers his incredible training camp YPC is his career highpoint not his terrible game play or lack of points when he starts.
Wow you are so full ****. I will gladly bring up Bradshaw as for the purposes used, which are obviously way over your head it was quite appropriate. I did not say Mason is comparable to Bradshaw, that is your narrow minded defensive response to a point you can't argue. You change the meaning. If we had acted based on only 10 games of play with Bradshaw like you want to do with Mason he would have been run out of town on a rail as well as been tarred and feathered. Like it or not Mason has been far better than Bradshaw was to start his career. His numbers are also better than Peyton Manning's to start his career. By no means does that say he will be anything close to either and that wasn't the intention of making the comparison. With only 10 starts Mason has won more than he has lost and has performed quite well in comparison to many many successful QB's.

Please also post links to a single player, coach or executive trashing Mason. You can't do it and are just making **** up. Of course they went after additional guys to possibly start. Mason was the only guy on the damn roster. Unless you know that person is a hall of famer you are going to not put all your eggs in one basket, it in no way infers they think he can't do it, they are and were hedging their bets. Trubisky has played far more football and started far more games than Mason and yet is struggling to be better than Mason let alone totally grab and run away with the starting job. Like his whole career he is up and down. Mason hasn't had anywhere near the chance to prove himself that Mitch has had. And as I have repeatedly said 4 of those games he played he wasn't ready to be in there and that is the whole reason people have this false idea of him being scared. All of his injuries that season came from not being scared and making plays or trying to fight Garrett. Not from fear. Go re-watch the knockout and the Jets injury, both times he was making very nice completions. Your narrative and others that he sucks is demonstrably untrue. Is he a hall of famer or an all-pro? Unlikely has he shown he can be a winning starter even with the obstacles he faced? Hell yes and he is getting better, as any QB hopefully would after ONLY 10 starts.

I hope he and Trubisky both have great preseasons and make it hard for the coaches to make a decision. I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome at this point.

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I debunked this BS argument of yours months ago. QB ratings have skyrocketed among all quarterbacks since the mid-90s, guy. And Ben led the league in passing yards during Fichtner's first year, with a passer rating of 96.5, and had a rating of 94.5 in his other full season under Fichtner at the age of 38.

I've already told you several times that I don't hate Rudolph, he just is what he is: an above average NFL backup.

Again, all you can give is every excuse known to mankind for his ****** play. You have to be his ******* uncle, or something. God bless you. I'm done arguing with you about it; let's see how it plays out.

I went and looked, and actually in the 8 games before the Lions played the Steelers, they gave up 244 yards per game passing. In the 8 games afterwards, they averaged 276 allowed. So what the **** are you talking about?

Side note: I can see why you're so proud of those 16 points your hero put on the board in those 4 and 2/3 quarters.
Well lets see they held Cleveland to 13 points the week after they played us, held Chicago to 16 in a two point loss, beat Minnesota 29-27, got rolled by Denver and Arizona, Narrowly lost to Atlanta lost to Seattle and beat Green Bay. Not awsome but a far better than they were to start the season. The played some tougher defense and held Roger's to 138, Ryan to 215, Murray to 257(not terrible), Dalton threw for 37 but only scored 16 points doing it, Mayfield had 175. SO yes the played far better than they had been.

A defense can play better and give up more yards. yards in and of themselves passing mean jack ****. There defense improved immensely. They actually have some hope in Detroit this year, for now. As far as Mason and that game the plan was terrible but in the end fumbles by Muth and Johnson are the reason we lost plain and simple. The game prior to that Mason started he played very well after shaking off the rust, far better in fact than Ben the next week against the same team until the game was all but lost. Mason is not terrible or even bad he isn't below average. He is at worst average, his sin is the recency of Ben and being Ben's fill in potential replacement and that is not a good place to be for anyone not named Steve Young or Aaron Rogers.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yeah from what we are hearing at least to start the season I would be surprised to not see Rudolph in B and G.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
From what I’ve read, he has a better chance of starting than being traded

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Please also post links to a single player, coach or executive trashing Mason. You can't do it and are just making **** up. Of course they went after additional guys to possibly start. Mason was the only guy on the damn roster.
Not bashing, but the biggest names on the roster didn't even mention Rudolph as the next starter during the offseason:

TJ Watt:
“I trust the guys upstairs to be able to bring a guy in that can win us some games."

Cam Heyward:
"I'm just looking for somebody to come in and lead the front on offense, deliver some touchdowns to a guy like [Chase] Claypool and Diontae Johnson, have the ball off to Najee Harris. We have some really good pieces on offense. I don't know who it's gonna be. It's gonna be interesting. I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions, but hopefully we get the guy we need."

Najee Harris:
“There’s names that pass my mind...Deshaun Watson’s always in there. Aaron Rodgers. Obviously I don’t know how far he is coming close to retirement, but he’s somebody I think, too. Even guys like, if we get Jimmy [Garoppolo]. I like him too.”

Again, not bashing the guy, but Tomlin and Colbert didn't exactly endorse Rudolph as the team's long-term starter by not only signing and promptly giving Trubisky No. 1 snaps, but also by drafting a QB in the first round.

Not a player, but there was this from Ryan Clark:
"If Mason Rudolph is the starting QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers entering 2022, they are no longer the Pittsburgh Steelers I love or the fans of Pittsburgh love. They are no longer the team that decides every offseason, 'We are going to try to compete for a championship.'"

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
Not bashing, but the biggest names on the roster didn't even mention Rudolph as the next starter during the offseason:

TJ Watt:

Cam Heyward:

Najee Harris:

Again, not bashing the guy, but Tomlin and Colbert didn't exactly endorse Rudolph as the team's long-term starter by not only signing and promptly giving Trubisky No. 1 snaps, but also by drafting a QB in the first round.

Clark is a loud mouth looking for reactions. Mason has had ups and downs but he as also had a raw deal just as Ben and Duck got from coaching and poor game plans. Mason isn't a star but he could be a decent QB as could Mitch. We need someone to basically be the sacrificial lamb before Pickett plays so he isn't the rebound QB and can be the guy who follows that guy. Mason gets **** on for things he doesn't deserve. That always pisses me off. Some hate him just because they believe the **** Garrett said. I am one to get riled up and defend any of our guys who get attacked needlessly or nastily unless they really truly deserve it.

Wolf44

Reaction score
Wow you are so full ****. I will gladly bring up Bradshaw as for the purposes used, which are obviously way over your head it was quite appropriate. I did not say Mason is comparable to Bradshaw, that is your narrow minded defensive response to a point you can't argue. You change the meaning. If we had acted based on only 10 games of play with Bradshaw like you want to do with Mason he would have been run out of town on a rail as well as been tarred and feathered. Like it or not Mason has been far better than Bradshaw was to start his career. His numbers are also better than Peyton Manning's to start his career. By no means does that say he will be anything close to either and that wasn't the intention of making the comparison. With only 10 starts Mason has won more than he has lost and has performed quite well in comparison to many many successful QB's.

Please also post links to a single player, coach or executive trashing Mason. You can't do it and are just making **** up. Of course they went after additional guys to possibly start. Mason was the only guy on the damn roster. Unless you know that person is a hall of famer you are going to not put all your eggs in one basket, it in no way infers they think he can't do it, they are and were hedging their bets. Trubisky has played far more football and started far more games than Mason and yet is struggling to be better than Mason let alone totally grab and run away with the starting job. Like his whole career he is up and down. Mason hasn't had anywhere near the chance to prove himself that Mitch has had. And as I have repeatedly said 4 of those games he played he wasn't ready to be in there and that is the whole reason people have this false idea of him being scared. All of his injuries that season came from not being scared and making plays or trying to fight Garrett. Not from fear. Go re-watch the knockout and the Jets injury, both times he was making very nice completions. Your narrative and others that he sucks is demonstrably untrue. Is he a hall of famer or an all-pro? Unlikely has he shown he can be a winning starter even with the obstacles he faced? Hell yes and he is getting better, as any QB hopefully would after ONLY 10 starts.

I hope he and Trubisky both have great preseasons and make it hard for the coaches to make a decision. I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome at this point.
You are a verifiable idiot. Bradshaw'was a huge talent Rudolph is a POS QB who has little to no respect in the Steelers locker room but you keep being a little *****. Done with you. You are not smart enough to debate.

Wolf44

Reaction score

TJ Watt:

Cam Heyward:

Najee Harris:

Not a player, but there was this from Ryan Clark:T wa

TJ Watt:

Cam Heyward:

Najee Harris:

TJ Watt:

Cam Heyward:

Najee Harris:

Don't bother, the Rudolph idiot brigade compares Rudolph to Bradshaw in regards to try and make Rudolph seem like his is a good QB who just hasn't gotten chances. Everyone who knows football can see Rudolph sucks and will never be a quality starter and is barely serviceable as a spot starter.