• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Odds That Rudolph Gets Traded?

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
What;s that got to do with 2 lost fumbles in OT?
What do two fumbles in an overtime that they never should have gotten to have to do with how shltty Rudolph played for most of the game?

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Do you even know what Canada's offense is? Does Canada? Does anyone?

If last season was any indication, you don't need a whole lot of mobility to get rid of the ball in 1.2 seconds.
Don’t need a lot of memory either with only 5 plays in the no huddle 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just hoping he has an offense or none of the other moves matter 1 bit

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What do two fumbles in an overtime that they never should have gotten to have to do with how shltty Rudolph played for most of the game?
Nothing...exactly! Finally....sheesh.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing...exactly! Finally....sheesh.
Exactly. So those fumbles you keep mentioning had nothing to do with Rudolph's poor play, and the bad offensive line you keep mentioning had nothing to do with his awful interception.

Glad I cleared that up for you.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think Mason will be traded as fast as some here think. It's not because of trade partners but I think Coaching staff will hold him a little longer than we think. they should.

Salute the nation

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. So those fumbles you keep mentioning had nothing to do with Rudolph's poor play, and the bad offensive line you keep mentioning had nothing to do with his awful interception.

Glad I cleared that up for you.
Your welcome.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I don't think Mason will be traded as fast as some here think. It's not because of trade partners but I think Coaching staff will hold him a little longer than we think. they should.

Salute the nation
I’m just hoping he doesn’t show out to be the best of the bunch cuz we’ve seen his game and that would likely mean a long brutal season to watch all the 20-17 and 15-14 games hoping for another 9-8 record…it would also mean that the FO had a pretty solid failing grade for the Ben era exit strategy

I will say that now more than ever I feel he will be a rostered QB all season for us

Maybe preseason can shake that thought up cuz it’s not very comforting

Papa Lazarou

Reaction score
Not true. Myth Busters polished a turd. :LOL:

Duly noted. I am glad that people have time on their hands to investigate such profound and life altering issues such as this. I am now relieved that it can be done. Perhaps now they can turn their attention to trying to polish Matt Canada's offense so that it shines as brilliantly.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Duly noted. I am glad that people have time on their hands to investigate such profound and life altering issues such as this. I am now relieved that it can be done. Perhaps now they can turn their attention to trying to polish Matt Canada's offense so that it shines as brilliantly.
Hold on there Papa L, they may be scientists, but they aren't miracle workers!

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm assuming polished as well...................................... J/K

Salute the nation

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
he was asked to throw 50 times in a game with a bad line and the defense couldn't stop the run. He was using a bad game plan designed poorly for Ben. Yet he still completed 60 percent and had us in position to win. This game was not all on Mason.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
he was asked to throw 50 times in a game with a bad line and the defense couldn't stop the run. He was using a bad game plan designed poorly for Ben. Yet he still completed 60 percent and had us in position to win. This game was not all on Mason.
Don’t let facts get in the way of good old Rudy bashing…it’s just a simple narrative to try to pin all the ineptness exhibited in that game on Rudy…who showed he is what we thought he is-an average backup/game manager trying to overcome the worst OC in the league

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Love the hate for Rudolph, yet not a mention of the OL that was terrible, the defense that played lights out first quarter then slept through most of the fourth time after time. Players that did not make the plays. Detroit game TE makes catch first down move to field goal position win, no, dropped balls as usual. Ben was a scaped e goat for so many now Rudolph and the season isn't close. Remember we have a new great offense coming from the OC so no matter who the QB all well be well since Ben is not out there.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You really have to appreciate the nuggets of wisdom you can take away from this site. Thanks BC.

Cleveland seems to be "overloaded" on those nuggets............................

Salute the nation

Reactions: JMM

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I’m just hoping he doesn’t show out to be the best of the bunch cuz we’ve seen his game and that would likely mean a long brutal season to watch all the 20-17 and 15-14 games hoping for another 9-8 record…it would also mean that the FO had a pretty solid failing grade for the Ben era exit strategy

I will say that now more than ever I feel he will be a rostered QB all season for us

Maybe preseason can shake that thought up cuz it’s not very comforting
Lessee, the two non-PS QB's that Tombert drafted prior to Ben retiring were Landry Jones and Mason Rudolph. Does not inspire confidence.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Here’s the camp breakdown so far.

Trubisky 45/80 356yds 7td/4int
Rudolph 52/77 449yds 11td/0int
Pickett 38/61 225yds 4td/2int

Rudolph is head and shoulders out performing the other QBs. This could be due to system familiarity but as of right now he’s the best of the bunch. Lots of camp and preseason left for the other two but if I’m Tomlin, Rudolph isn’t going anywhere until someone shows up to better him.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Here’s the camp breakdown so far.

Trubisky 45/80 356yds 7td/4int
Rudolph 52/77 449yds 11td/0int
Pickett 38/61 225yds 4td/2int

Rudolph is head and shoulders out performing the other QBs. This could be due to system familiarity but as of right now he’s the best of the bunch. Lots of camp and preseason left for the other two but if I’m Tomlin Rudolph isn’t going anywhere until someone shows up to better him.
He was really good last year too. Thats why the preseason snaps are going to matter.. some guys are practice monsters because of the familiarity they have with their system and their defense… remember two of the three have never gone up against our d scheme with any regularity before now…

That being said it would be funny for Rudolph to prove the haters wrong… however that is not the best case scenario for the Steelers, by any means

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Lessee, the two non-PS QB's that Tombert drafted prior to Ben retiring were Landry Jones and Mason Rudolph. Does not inspire confidence.
Landry was incredibly raw when he got here… might have been the least ready nfl qb we ever drafted… they crafted him into a serviceable backup but it took years… Rudolph in year two was further ahead than Jones ever was at that point.. Jones could not have started in his second year

FordFairLane

Reaction score
He was really good last year too. Thats why the preseason snaps are going to matter.. some guys are practice monsters because of the familiarity they have with their system and their defense… remember two of the three have never gone up against our d scheme with any regularity before now…

That being said it would be funny for Rudolph to prove the haters wrong… however that is not the best case scenario for the Steelers, by any means
I really don’t care who wins. I just want everyone to push each other to their absolute best. That way whoever wins will be the best version of themselves possible.
It is early but the Steelers really aren’t overly invested in Trubisky as his deal makes him easily cuttable next year. If Rudolph starts blows it up and forces the Steelers to long term sign him then Pickett is a backup for a couple seasons then hopefully develops enough to trade him and re-coop our first round investment. Or at least a second. So if Rudolph wins and does awesome it’s really not bad in any way shape or form for the team. If he wins but does marginal then Pickett will likely be handed the keys next year to see if he can right the ship.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I wouldn't put to much stock into that "familiarity" of the defense thingy. It may carry a little but very little weight in that respect.

We have had rookies and under-experienced QBs tear this defense a new ******* before and probably will again so there is that as well.

I'm sure to this point the defense is pretty vanilla and not up to speed yet either.

Mason could be being held back by that logic............ thinking about it.

I think a little familiarity helps but I also think Mason Rudolph might be coming a little bit into his own as well. Give the guy some credit for working his *** off over the off-season.

QB coach says he worked hard but also worked very detailed on quicker reads and release as well.

I'm looking forward to these QB battles and hope they do push each other and get the best out of whoever wins the starting job.

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I wouldn't put to much stock into that "familiarity" of the defense thingy. It may carry a little but very little weight in that respect.

We have had rookies and under-experienced QBs tear this defense a new ******* before and probably will again so there is that as well.

I'm sure to this point the defense is pretty vanilla and not up to speed yet either.

Mason could be being held back by that logic............ thinking about it.

I think a little familiarity helps but I also think Mason Rudolph might be coming a little bit into his own as well. Give the guy some credit for working his *** off over the off-season.

QB coach says he worked hard but also worked very detailed on quicker reads and release as well.

I'm looking forward to these QB battles and hope they do push each other and get the best out of whoever wins the starting job.

Salute the nation
Exactly my thoughts. I’m actually excited for preseason for the first time in a long time.