• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Off season moves

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
We need Aaron Rodgers, and while we are at it hire Green Bays offensive coordinator as head coach if the two get along His name is Natahniel Hakcet and he and Rodgers can fix this bullcrap throw it behind the first down marker offense and he knows how to run the ball. Check him out. This gives up a serious upgrade over Ben ( Now ) and gets rid of Tomlin. Rodgers is so much better than Ben ( now ) its obvious. For the draft focus on offense that wins games. Draft a tackle high in round one, a receiver in round two, and a capable center in round three. For the later rounds focus on DL, ILB, and S. And spend free agency money on an impact guy on offense. We are going no where fast, this move gives us 2-3 year window and a bright new head coach.

Last edited:

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Only thing that is obvious is this team has a lot of holes to fill,too many rookies on the line who really shouldn't be starting yet and too many damn first busts on defense. Well outside of Watt.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I took a creative spin on your bitchfest. But seriously I'd add fire Art Rooney II if he wasn't the owner. Check back in with me after Tomlin goes one and done on the playoffs or have another season dive, but feel free to ***** at me IF it makes you feel better and by all means continue to ***** at me. In the meantime, we got issues that are far reaching and next year looks really bad.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I took a creative spin on your bitchfest. But seriously I'd add fire Art Rooney II if he wasn't the owner. Check back in with me after Tomlin goes one and done on the playoffs or have another season dive, but feel free to ***** at me IF it makes you feel better and by all means continue to ***** at me. In the meantime, we got issues that are far reaching and next year looks really bad.
nothing at all creative about your post

absolutely nothing

many here have pimped going after Rogers

and even more are screaming to fire Tomlin

so your post is just more of the same

except you think it is original

Steelmann

Reaction score
We need Aaron Rodgers, and while we are at it hire Green Bays offensive coordinator as head coach if the two get along His name is Natahniel Hakcet and he and Rodgers can fix this bullcrap throw it behind the first down marker offense and he knows how to run the ball. Check him out. This gives up a serious upgrade over Ben ( Now ) and gets rid of Tomlin. Rodgers is so much better than Ben ( now ) its obvious. For the draft focus on offense that wins games. Draft a tackle high in round one, a receiver in round two, and a capable center in round three. For the later rounds focus on DL, ILB, and S. And spend free agency money on an impact guy on offense. We are going no where fast, this move gives us 2-3 year window and a bright new head coach.
So,instead of flaming,we will talk football. It’s easy to say get AR. ****......I’ve said it too. But tell me. What would you give up for him. I am talking reality,not fantasy. In your post you say draft a tackle round one....receiver round 2, center round 3. Are you trying to say we would have all those picks left? What exactly do you think we would give GB?
You don’t think they would want draft choices? Of course everyone will say give them some Bush.
Remember. Reality. Not fantasy.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
nothing at all creative about your post

absolutely nothing

many here have pimped going after Rogers

and even more are screaming to fire Tomlin

so your post is just more of the same

except you think it is original

I added the a name to replace Tomlin and urge others to check out his work at Jacksonville and Buffalo. I have not seen a get a new coach and replaced Ben thread with names that include NFL productive winners. Sounds like you agree with both points. Finally the real problem is Art Rooney II who has far less threads against him.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
So,instead of flaming,we will talk football. It’s easy to say get AR. ****......I’ve said it too. But tell me. What would you give up for him. I am talking reality,not fantasy. In your post you say draft a tackle round one....receiver round 2, center round 3. Are you trying to say we would have all those picks left? What exactly do you think we would give GB?
You don’t think they would want draft choices? Of course everyone will say give them some Bush.
Remember. Reality. Not fantasy.

We have a draft ever year. The tackle replaces Chucks or forces Moore to move to Right tackle. The center is need unless you are a fan of Green's play. We give Green Bay nothing, not even Bush! We'll I'd trade him if possible, otherwise we take. Rodgers is not coming back to Green Bay. It's easy to talk, but the Steelers never do anything. That isn't fantasy, its reality. And check out the Green Bay OC's track record with the running game.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
We have a draft ever year. The tackle replaces Chucks or forces Moore to move to Right tackle. The center is need unless you are a fan of Green's play. We give Green Bay nothing, not even Bush! We'll I'd trade him if possible, otherwise we take. Rodgers is not coming back to Green Bay. It's easy to talk, but the Steelers never do anything. That isn't fantasy, its reality. And check out the Green Bay OC's track record with the running game.
Green Bay still has a year of control of AR's contract. They are NOT going to just let him walk. And, the way Love played, they may just talk extension. But, even if no extension is forthcoming, it will take a nice haul of draft picks to get him. Draft picks the Steelers don't even have. As of right now, the Steelers have a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd and two 7ths in the 2022 draft. All of that wouldn't get them AR, let alone being able to replenish holes in the roster.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Have you been smoking the Ganja tonight Coach? We give GB nothing? You consider that reality? I don’t ******* think so. I would think they would want something,and not just release him.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
First off cooch like was mentioned you only come around when you can talk ****. **** you and your fucktarded opinions. Speaking of your fucktarded opinions trading for AR for next to nothing? Dumb as they come. No surprise you hacked up the spelling on Hackett. You window licking *****, hi.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
1. New head coach.
2. New offensive coordinator.
3. New defensive coordinator.
4. New ST coach.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We do NOT need Rodgers. He is in the last few years of his career and why would you pay that kind of money and draft capital for someone that could lose it any year. If we trade for a top QB, I would go with Wilson over Rodgers in a heartbeat. But, I would still much rather have a young QB that will be the face and the future of the team. Yes, that means draft someone and it probably won't be this year and may not be next year either.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
We do NOT need Rodgers. He is in the last few years of his career and why would you pay that kind of money and draft capital for someone that could lose it any year. If we trade for a top QB, I would go with Wilson over Rodgers in a heartbeat. But, I would still much rather have a young QB that will be the face and the future of the team. Yes, that means draft someone and it probably won't be this year and may not be next year either.
Have you watched the two play this year? AR is light years ahead of Wilson. AR gives you a chance to win on any given day. Not sure that Wilson can be the Wilson of old. No thank you on trading for him.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you been smoking the Ganja tonight Coach? We give GB nothing? You consider that reality? I don’t ******* think so. I would think they would want something,and not just release him.
He still thinks this is madden

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you watched the two play this year? AR is light years ahead of Wilson. AR gives you a chance to win on any given day. Not sure that Wilson can be the Wilson of old. No thank you on trading for him.
I don't want either but if we were going to get one for the high price tag and multiple draft picks, I'll still take Wilson. He wasn't struggling to start the season before he got injured. You do know he just came back from an injury to his throwing hand. Anyhow, as I said multiple times when this topic comes up, I don't want either. Keep the multiple 1st round and/or high draft picks and rebuild the entire team. Don't just rent a QB for a few years at best.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Green Bay still has a year of control of AR's contract. They are NOT going to just let him walk. And, the way Love played, they may just talk extension. But, even if no extension is forthcoming, it will take a nice haul of draft picks to get him. Draft picks the Steelers don't even have. As of right now, the Steelers have a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd and two 7ths in the 2022 draft. All of that wouldn't get them AR, let alone being able to replenish holes in the roster.

ADD in the huge $$$$money$$$$ required as well thus lowering our ability to sign FAs etc..

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1. New head coach.
2. New offensive coordinator.
3. New defensive coordinator.
4. New ST coach.

My off-season christmas list,......................... unless you don't want to be late then sooner the better.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Tear it down. Enough of the smoke and mirrors. I'm done hoping Tomlin is fired he won't. Hire coordinators from fired HC's who really know what they are doing. Pay up. Burn it down. Move on from Ben. No trades to be respectable. Grab Colt McCoy if you want.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Rodgers is not coming here. They are bringing someone younger with some exp, if Ben doesn't come back. AR is going to make this **** show better? Keep dreaming. This franchise needs a cleansing, not a Band-Aid.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want either but if we were going to get one for the high price tag and multiple draft picks, I'll still take Wilson. He wasn't struggling to start the season before he got injured. You do know he just came back from an injury to his throwing hand. Anyhow, as I said multiple times when this topic comes up, I don't want either. Keep the multiple 1st round and/or high draft picks and rebuild the entire team. Don't just rent a QB for a few years at best.
I think Tampa would disagree with you. They took on the oldest QB and won a SB. Yeah I know Wilson hurt his hand but that is a part of why I don't want him. As he might be starting that injury down hill slope. Just a bigger risk IMO. AR is showing absolutely no signs of slowing down so thinking he might be just a few years rental might be underestimating his capabilities.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Rodgers is not coming here. They are bringing someone younger with some exp, if Ben doesn't come back. AR is going to make this **** show better? Keep dreaming. This franchise needs a cleansing, not a Band-Aid.
Sure he is a long shot. But to think AR wouldn't make this team better? That is a crazy assertion IMO. Ben isn't the Ben of old and AR is the AR of old with more experience and no drop off. Not sure how anyone could convince themselves otherwise. People would be better off sticking with the long shot primise because anything else isn't even remotely statistically true.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Tear it down. Enough of the smoke and mirrors. I'm done hoping Tomlin is fired he won't. Hire coordinators from fired HC's who really know what they are doing. Pay up. Burn it down. Move on from Ben. No trades to be respectable. Grab Colt McCoy if you want.

Tomlin will not hire anyone that could take his job. Look at his staff, not one coach would be snatched to be a HC anywhere else.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Sure he is a long shot. But to think AR wouldn't make this team better? That is a crazy assertion IMO. Ben isn't the Ben of old and AR is the AR of old with more experience and no drop off. Not sure how anyone could convince themselves otherwise. People would be better off sticking with the long shot primise because anything else isn't even remotely statistically true.
What AR has in GB pales in comparison to what the Steelers are. You really want another 39 y.o QB behind this OL, with this OC and coaching staff? He looks great in GB, but would he be that great here? I highly doubt it and you are going to throw $35M at him for one or two seasons to prolong the agony?
I don't have faith in the Steelers FO to build around AR like Tampa did for Brady and GB does for AR. Just my assessment, but go after him and prove me wrong.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I added the a name to replace Tomlin and urge others to check out his work at Jacksonville and Buffalo. I have not seen a get a new coach and replaced Ben thread with names that include NFL productive winners. Sounds like you agree with both points. Finally the real problem is Art Rooney II who has far less threads against him.
Yeah, how did Hacket and Rodgers fair against MIN yesterday? Check out game plans against JAX and a not so currently strong BUF? You basing hiring a guy as HC after two games? Sounds like you only hear yourself talk against a crowd of flamingoes. We know what your real problem is……you can’t find enough attention in FL.