• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OK Put me in the NFL is fixed camp

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Thought you ******* were nuts, but after those calls in Pats game, it is a joke.

That is all.

Spike

Reaction score
The calls were OK in the Pats game

not sure about the one in the Saints game

NoFlag.gif

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome. You're late getting here

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Even with the one in the saints game. It took a 57 yard fg to win it. Not exactly a gimme chip shot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. We have "real" refreshments on the left. They're free.

Steel G

Reaction score
Fixed? More like broken with **** rules that favor offense, clueless officials, and a ****** up replay system.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The head of officiating called and apologized to the Saints immediately after the game for the blatant missed PI call and helmet to helmet call on that play. An apology means nothing. They better fire a couple more refs to try and save face.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When the Refs are ****** for everyone it makes it easier for the league to control point spreads and outcomes.

Because **** Happens in the NFL.

Rogers NFL.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When the Refs are ****** for everyone it makes it easier for the league to control outcomes.

Because **** Happens in the NFL.

Rogers NFL.

Finally, someone who gets it. Crappy officiating across the league games are what keeps the "manipulation" hidden. Also know that the "fix" and "UN-fixed" are a fine balance to keep YOU off balance on this topic. Way to much money to keep it "best team wins" games.

Salute the nation

Last edited:

bmoritz

Reaction score
I'm really starting to thing it is all scripted. I **** you not, before the season, I told my Dad it will be Rams/Pats, because you can see the script. The NFL wants nothing more than to have an LA team in the Bowl, and against their golden boy Tommy.
How are the Rams under the salary cap after signing virtually every big name free agent, and giving record deals to Gurley and Donald? And in all seriously, how the **** cna Romo know EVERY SINGLE play before it happens? I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but something's not passing the smell test.

Chicoman

Reaction score
One thing is for certain.....if you watched the Halftime of the Cheats vs Chiefs....Boomer Esiason went on a RANT....directly calling out the officiating and the referees for blown calls and said it's been happening all year and that it's ruining the game (and he's right) which is exactly how every Steeler fan probably feels. I'll give him credit for standing up and saying what the problem truly is but I can guarantee you he will no longer be part of the CBS NFL crew next season because of it. He will be pushed out by The Shield!

Chicoman

Reaction score
Rest assured, the next game the Rams play, Robey-Coleman not only gets flagged, but ejected on that play.

For get this....what's the over/under on Roughing the QB calls vs Marcia in the SB? Between Suh & Donald one of them could be executed by Halftime!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
They're not missed calls. My half blind uncle texted me about the saints game saying even a blind man saw that...haha.

I watched oh about 15 min of the entire playoffs. I've moved on. To each his own though.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I dont know it is fixed, but it is full of incompetent officials that need to be replaced

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a shame that I can't even watch the AFCCG because I know the outcome before it's played. That call in the Rams game was way too egregious to be an accident. Say what you want about the Saints having every opportunity to win. If the officials make the call that everyone saw, they run the clock out and win the game. That call cost the Saints a trip to the SB. At least with Brees and Kamara and their offense they had a shot to stay with NE.

The Rams have no chance, the league needs NE to have the biggest dynasty of the SB era to make spygate look irrelevant. You can bank on them winning the SB without much trouble. I certainly won't watch a single down of that farce. My give a damn for the NFL is getting less every weekend I watch the league determining outcomes.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I went through that same thought process last night....

I'm really starting to lean toward the "it's fixed" crowd. Maybe I'll pick up some of their literature.

For years I have been hearin' this accusation and I ignored it....Like I said, where's the information booth ?

Tell me I'm crazy and I didn't see two very close ( entertaining ) games come down to the wire with some questionable officiating deciding the difference.

http://www.steelernationforums.com/...onships-thread&p=587644&viewfull=1#post587644

It's a bit of a stretch to think that this season was not the least bit orchestrated.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really starting to thing it is all scripted. I **** you not, before the season, I told my Dad it will be Rams/Pats, because you can see the script. The NFL wants nothing more than to have an LA team in the Bowl, and against their golden boy Tommy.
How are the Rams under the salary cap after signing virtually every big name free agent, and giving record deals to Gurley and Donald? And in all seriously, how the **** cna Romo know EVERY SINGLE play before it happens? I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but something's not passing the smell test.

The Rams have a QB playing well on a rookie contract. that helps their cap hit by a good 22-24 million. they know this and have thrown everything into the next few seasons, before they have to pay Goff

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
The Rams have a QB playing well on a rookie contract. that helps their cap hit by a good 22-24 million. they know this and have thrown everything into the next few seasons, before they have to pay Goff
And Gurleys new deal doesn't kick in until his rookie deal is up

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelers1356

Reaction score
That was a horrible roughing the passer call. I am not sure how you give that to the cheats.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yep, never saw a roughing the passer called for slapping the QB's shoulder pad before the pass was even thrown, but of course it's golden boy Brady we're talking about. Would it have been a difference maker? Who knows, but it would've forced a 3rd and long had it not been called.

And the botched punt was ruled a fumble on the field, where was the irrefutable evidence that the ball never touched Edelman to justify overturning the field official? Riveron strikes again.

Last edited:

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Pats were holding WR's constantly.....like they always do in the playoffs.

When the Pats played the Steelers the Patriots got a fair share of penalties they deserved. The Chiefs were an entertaining lot hanging on Gronkowski as he caught balls then carried defenders with him. To be fair the Gronk does his share of pushing off but no calls either way.
LOL