• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oklahoma WR picks fight with wrong guy

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Oklahoma WR Spencer Jones and his buddy thought they’d pick on a couple of guys smaller than them. Didn’t go as planned when it turns out the 2 smaller guys were trained MMA fighters. If you listen close, the smaller guy says to his friend, "which one do you want?”

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
If you go lookin' for it......... it will usually find you ..........:cautious:

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning...

Bad enough to take a *** whoopin...but now when that happens the entire world gets to witness it..

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
dude's going to feel that eye pain every damn day for a long time. every time he moves his eyes, blinks... damn.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Growing up in that world as my best friend has been in MMA since the early 90's and has owned his own place for about 20 years now. You never know any more at this time who knows what. Most of his people you would have no idea and they will just mop the floor with you and twist you into a pretzel. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone think they are bad *** and within seconds begging for mercy. Different world now then a one on one fight, nobody allowed anyone to jump in and then when it is over, it is over and stopped. Also to many want to be MMA guys who just love the clothes but have no clue, they get wrapped up the quickest.

Last edited:

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I was always small, but i lived on a farm so i was alot stronger than i looked or acted. One time in gym this guy was about 5" taller than me and had 100pounds on me. Never had an issue with him till one day he started snapping me with a towel. I grabbed my towel and started beating the hell out of him with it. He ended up in an almost fetal position.
My friend was dating this guy who was about 6'3 and 280, but he acted like a 5yr old. He would sit there and poke you, flick you, and just anything to annoy the hell out of you. One day he was messing around and i took him down pretty hard "accidentally." He literally started crying. My friend was laughing her *** off. I do not know what was wrong with that dude

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
People who go around starting Chyt (bullying) with weaker / smaller / people deserve to have their *** kicked and in a eventful way. I don't know how it started but I could see those athletes figuring here's an easy score but found out otherwise.

Back in my day things were a little bit more honorable (mostly due to small town), I always picked swords for my dueling weapon.

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Nothing like rolling around on the floor of the mens bathroom..you win you still lose..take that outside
Yeah, I thought of that too. Gross. I found it entertaining as all hell though. That's why I never drink at bars or sporting events. Keeping your witts and coordination is important.I spent a year bouncing a long time ago. People go full retard when drunk, they also can get really violent, use chairs,beer bottles,knives and guns. Jump you with 2 other guys.

The later it gets,the worse it gets. I was always happy to get people out the door at 2am without problems.

You never know who spends all of his free time training.You rarely see those folks since they live in gyms. They're normally the most chill disciplined people as well.Those guys did it right. Take them down and pound them. Great application in close quarters.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
what's funny is that MMA started as a way to see which martial arts discipline was the best. Would it be Karate, Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Judo? Nope. It's bad *** bar brawler who used to wrestle. Don't mess with a guy with cauliflower ear.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I believe I read the MMA guy(s) are being sued now. I saw they started a gofundme account for lawyers

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought of that too. Gross. I found it entertaining as all hell though. That's why I never drink at bars or sporting events. Keeping your witts and coordination is important.I spent a year bouncing a long time ago. People go full retard when drunk, they also can get really violent, use chairs,beer bottles,knives and guns. Jump you with 2 other guys.

The later it gets,the worse it gets. I was always happy to get people out the door at 2am without problems.

You never know who spends all of his free time training.You rarely see those folks since they live in gyms. They're normally the most chill disciplined people as well.Those guys did it right. Take them down and pound them. Great application in close quarters.
I also did that many moons ago. Pretty big club in the middle of nowhereville NJ . Never keep anything inside no matter where, always get it moved outside. Was late 70's so drinking age in NJ was still 18 all states around were 21 and it was 10 minutes from Pa boarder so our crowd was 60/40 Pa most nights. We had 4-5 bouncer/bartenders male most nights. Many a night we walked out to 20 guys waiting for us..needless to say it was never a problem they were all to hammered to do anything. Some good times...actually met my wife of 42 years there.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe I read the MMA guy(s) are being sued now. I saw they started a gofundme account for lawyers

The thing about that is they will need witnesses that actually saw the event and willing to testify. The athletes will find a way to pay their witnesses whereas the average bar crawler can't. I'd like to see the ******* athletes lose in court as well and the judge awards leagal fees and damages in favor of the MMA victors.

**** entitlement people.

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The thing about that is they will need witnesses that actually saw the event and willing to testify. The athletes will find a way to pay their witnesses whereas the average bar crawler can't. I'd like to see the ******* athletes lose in court as well and the judge awards leagal fees and damages in favor of the MMA victors.

**** entitlement people.

Salute the nation
That's your other issue with having the trained ability to do serious harm. What level of expertise had they acquired. They'll use that against them saying they used excessive force and should have left when they could have. Just like they would do if a police officer did it.

Self defense has its limits. It could go either way depending on what transpired up to that point.

Traditional martial arts have a great emphasis on self discipline taught from the start. I think a lot of mma gyms may be lacking that.

Cage fighting and self defense are two completely different worlds of application.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
it looked to me like the mma guy was already bleeding from the nose before he even did anything, so the football guy definitely did something.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Like I said when I saw this posted on FB, "Your daddy never told you it's a bad idea to pick fights with people you don't know, huh?"

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said when I saw this posted on FB, "Your daddy never told you it's a bad idea to pick fights with people you don't know, huh?"
My Daddy told me "don't be afraid to fight a guy bigger than you, because your not expected to kick his *** anyhow"...

I think that applies to this video also..