• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OL Roster Predictions

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Numbers don't add up if they keep 10 olineman. Looks like 3 qbs, 6 receivers, 4 running backs and TJ's brother, and 3 TEs. That's 27. I think it will be 9 oline. 4 tackles 5 interior with position flexibility for injury. Then a stash on the PS squad for emergency. Might even go as low as 8 but that's low. May have to drop it to 3 rbs. Or 5 receivers.
I'm not sure they have 4 backups worth a roster spot. It feels like a year to keep 8.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Last year, on offense, they kept:
3 qbs
4 rbs
1 fb
5 wrs
3 tes
8 olinemen
Thats 24. Id expect them to carry 6 wrs this year… so either they have 2 qbs or only carry 3 regular rbs… I doubt they add extra olinemen.. honestly are there 9 worth keeping?
I don't think anyway they keep 2 Qs. Will bebtough cuts at wr. If they keep only 5. Problem is Watt. If they keep him it's really 4 rbs anyhow.

9 oline
3 qs
4 rb including Watt
6 wr
3 Te
= 25 and you are a little lighter on defense. Drop one at a position and raise a number on defense.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I don't think anyway they keep 2 Qs. Will bebtough cuts at wr. If they keep only 5. Problem is Watt. If they keep him it's really 4 rbs anyhow.

9 oline
3 qs
4 rb including Watt
6 wr
3 Te
= 25 and you are a little lighter on defense. Drop one at a position and raise a number on defense.
That is fine, but then you are either taking away one of the DL that is promising or a lb… cause we aren’t shorting DB

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
That is fine, but then you are either taking away one of the DL that is promising or a lb… cause we aren’t shorting DB
You'd assume Heyward, Alualu, Ogunjobi, Loudermilk, Wormley, and Leal are all locks. Adams played pretty well last year but hasn't been available. However, he's really the only backup NT. Then you have the Davis' twins who are slowly coming along. Given the lack of depth last year due to injuries, I think they go deep this year and keep seven. They have two deep talent across the board and quality developmental prospects. ILB has Jack (literally and figuratively). Maybe you go thinner there? I just don't think I shortchange anything on defense this year to keep a 9th offensive lineman.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
You'd assume Heyward, Alualu, Ogunjobi, Loudermilk, Wormley, and Leal are all locks. Adams played pretty well last year but hasn't been available. However, he's really the only backup NT. Then you have the Davis' twins who are slowly coming along. Given the lack of depth last year due to injuries, I think they go deep this year and keep seven. They have two deep talent across the board and quality developmental prospects. ILB has Jack (literally and figuratively). Maybe you go thinner there? I just don't think I shortchange anything on defense this year to keep a 9th offensive lineman.
They actually kept 8 last year, but tuitt was only on there for one day then moved to ir…

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
With better depth at WR and DL it would seem to make sense to only go 8 OL and then try to push the bottom 3-4 OL to PS and assume at least 2 make it through without getting picked up as the “OL depth” is less than stellar anyway.

After Cole, Hass, Chuks, Moore, Haeg, Daniels, Dotson and Green I think most the guys have a high probability of slipping onto the PS…of those 8 maybe replace Haeg if a tackle shows out or roll with 9 OL and only 4 at RB/FB.