• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Old man Rooney could make a powerful statement by hiring Gruden and going after Aaron Rodgers in 2022.

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
Let's face it. We all saw the same thing this past Sunday night while playing Seattle. Big Ben is old and weak and Tomlin has once again been exposed for having zero strategy. We nearly lost to a Seahawk back-up QB, and it's all but certain that the Cleveland Clowns will likely hand it to us within the next 2 weeks. Instead of Old man Rooney continuing to idly standby and say "Derrrr... We don't fire coaches. Derrrrr.. Rooney Rule, he could make a very powerful statement by announcing in the following weeks that the Steelers organization has decided to move on from Broken Ben and Cheerleader Tomlin this offseason, and that they are finalizing negotiations to bring Gruden and Rodgers to Pittsburgh in 2022. A new Rooney rule could promote second chances and wanting Steeler Nation to get back to being serious competitors that are capable of playing some motherf@!king backyard football.

With a tightened up O-Line, we could instantly win the AFC North and become serious contenders for a SB run. As a fan, if you say that this scenario doesn't intrigue you, you're lying.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's face it. We all saw the same thing this past Sunday night while playing Seattle. Big Ben is old and weak and Tomlin has once again been exposed for having zero strategy. We nearly lost to a Seahawk back-up QB, and it's all but certain that the Cleveland Clowns will likely hand it to us within the next 2 weeks. Instead of Old man Rooney continuing to idly standby and say "Derrrr... We don't fire coaches. Derrrrr.. Rooney Rule, he could make a very powerful statement by announcing in the following weeks that the Steelers organization has decided to move on from Broken Ben and Cheerleader Tomlin this offseason, and that they are finalizing negotiations to bring Gruden and Rodgers to Pittsburgh in 2022. A new Rooney rule could promote second chances and wanting Steeler Nation to get back to being serious competitors that are capable of playing some motherf@!king backyard football.

With a tightened up O-Line, we could instantly win the AFC North and become serious contenders for a SB run.
As a fan, if you say that this scenario doesn't intrigue you, you're lying.
As a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, which you are not, **** off already.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

With a tightened up O-Line, we could instantly win the AFC North and become serious contenders for a SB run. As a fan, if you say that this scenario doesn't intrigue you, you're lying.
You are still here? Boogertown Boobie, that may be the stupidest thing you have suggested yet and that is saying a lot.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
Mr Rooney would be a ******** to hire gruden

you're a complete ******** to suggest it

Nothing about Ben's game showed weakness.

many here have expressed interest in going after Rogers so don't pretend you are bringing a new idea
Rooney would be a fu@#tard to keep the Cheerleader. Gruden would be a huge upgrade.

Ben almost cost us the game AGAIN with his 4th quarter fumble. He's absolutely atrocious and except for a few delusionals, everyone can see this. Maybe you were just wearing your cowboy hat too low to see this, Sheriff Stool.

chipped ham

Reaction score
What has Gruden done to warrant being such a hot commodity? You want to get rid of Tomlin, and pick up this guy? Even if there was nothing dragging Gruden down, and he didn’t have this email scandal, I wouldn’t want to see this guy in Pittsburgh. Sure, he has a “fiery” demeanor, but all he would do is lead this team into further oblivion. ****, this dude is all bark, with NO ******* bite. He’s not even a good retread. Nobody (that I can think of at this moment, Tomlin included) has done less that holds the apparent clout this boob has. I guess he sounds kinda smart filling his playbook up with a shitload of nonsensical verbiage, but then again, that’s how a Mike Tomlin press conference goes.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score

this is the post you have been working on for days? are you serious? this has got to be a joke. was leaning toward you being a old poster having fun. but now realize complete idiot is closer to the truth

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Rooney would be a fu@#tard to keep the Cheerleader. Gruden would be a huge upgrade.

Ben almost cost us the game AGAIN with his 4th quarter fumble. He's absolutely atrocious and except for a few delusionals, everyone can see this. Maybe you were just wearing your cowboy hat too low to see this, Sheriff Stool.
That was not a fumble by Ben, that was an incomplete pass.

not sure why wearing a cowboy hat is supposed to be an insult

your smack is ******* lame as ****

gruden has shown nothing to make any sane individual think he is better than Tomlin

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why is this douche still here and I thought only contributors could start a new thread. I'd have to assume a troll would not be a contributor.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Man some bullets flying around in here. Bob-bing for long shaped apples. We know Rooney's would never hire a coach linked to racism. Fair or not. If there is a brain in there somewhere use it.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Man some bullets flying around in here. Bob-bing for long shaped apples. We know Rooney's would never hire a coach linked to racism. Fair or not. If there is a brain in there somewhere use it.
obviously bob is a racist homophope, that is why he seems to dislike bermuda so much. how he figured out berm was gay is beyond me though

Last edited:

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
I think I've figured it out. He's trying to turn the Steelers into the Browns. If we start replacing the coach/GM every two years, and replacing the quarterback every three, I think we can just get there for him.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I've figured it out. He's trying to turn the Steelers into the Browns. If we start replacing the coach/GM every two years, and replacing the quarterback every three, I think we can just get there for him.
He simply needs to root for the clowns it would go with a snazzy new nickname for him, Bobby the bumbling bafoon bitchtits Browns backyard *******. Sort of long but sobeit.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the big attraction to Aaron ******' Rodgers?? He's 37...he'd be a 2 or 3 year bandaid. He's a proma donna drama queen. He ain't nothin' special. Draft the next Ben..
Someone that'll be around for the future. Trade up in the draft for Pickett or whoever and be done with it.