• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Once a cheater .....

43Hitman

Contributor
Reaction score
Are the Cheats at it again?

Okay I know its Bleacher Report, but is anyone else surprised by this?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...if-patriots-employee-taped-bengals-play-calls

[FONT=&quot]The NFL league office is reportedly investigating allegations that a New England Patriots employee was videotaping the Cincinnati Bengals' play calls during their game against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, according to ESPN's Dianna Russini.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said Monday he was "aware there was an incident" and "the league was investigating it," per Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Patriots will face Cincinnati in a Week 15 matchup Sunday at Paul
Brown Stadium.

[/FONT]

43Hitman

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the merge Mods. I apologize, I didn't see Iowa Steeler's thread.

By the way Iowa Steeler, I was born in Cedar Rapids. Great town when I was a kid, haven't been there to visit in about 12 years.

43Hitman

Contributor
Reaction score
I live about 10 minutes outside of CR ... still a great town!

Marion perhaps? I lived there too and went to Thomas Wilkens Elementary( I think that's the name, I'm getting old. lol).

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Audubon Iowa (home of Albert the Bull) anywhere near Cedar Rapids? Buddy was born and raised there and a lot of his family are still in Iowa. Steelin from the board is in Iowa as well.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm guessing all teams do not do this advance scouting video shooting, or the Bengals wouldn't question the guy being there.

That said, does anyone have to video tape the Bengals?

43Hitman

Contributor
Reaction score
Audubon Iowa (home of Albert the Bull) anywhere near Cedar Rapids? Buddy was born and raised there and a lot of his family are still in Iowa. Steelin from the board is in Iowa as well.

Audubon Iowa is about 170 miles west of Cedar Rapids.

IowaSteeler

Reaction score
I live in Ely, IA ... we have 1 bar, 1 craft brewery, 1 convenience store, 1 barber shop, ... you get the idea. I love this town! I work in Iowa City (Go Hawks!!)

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay I know its Bleacher Report, but is anyone else surprised by this?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...if-patriots-employee-taped-bengals-play-calls

[FONT=&quot]The NFL league office is reportedly investigating allegations that a New England Patriots employee was videotaping the Cincinnati Bengals' play calls during their game against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, according to ESPN's Dianna Russini.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said Monday he was "aware there was an incident" and "the league was investigating it," per Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Patriots will face Cincinnati in a Week 15 matchup Sunday at Paul
Brown Stadium.

[/FONT]
I know they are still doing it I have no doubt in my mind.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

madinsomniac

Reaction score
This is textbook what they were doing before... a lie about some reason to have recording equipment in the stadium at an angle they can catch sideline signals and banter...

If this is spygate part ... where are we at? 6???7???... lets just call it part 2 for the great unwashed .... then BB needs the hammer dropped on him, a full year ban for anyone complicit and a postseason ban for the team... it’s literally the only way

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I live in Ely, IA ... we have 1 bar, 1 craft brewery, 1 convenience store, 1 barber shop, ... you get the idea. I love this town! I work in Iowa City (Go Hawks!!)

Every time I hear that someone is from Ioway, I think of "Radar" O'Rielly...and his mother Edna and Uncle Ed

Radar often talked of his home town of Ottumwa, a sleepy rural community in the southeast corner of what U.S. state known for its agriculture. For such a small town, Ottumwa has had its share of famous residents. Tom Arnold was born there, as was astronaut Steve Bales. Edna Ferber grew up there, and Richard Nixon was once stationed in that tiny Iowa town.

radar2.jpg

madinsomniac

Reaction score
https://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76227

Whiney pats fans whining about getting caught...

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

A cool excerpt: “It got out of control," a former Patriots assistant coach says. Sources with knowledge of the system say an advance scout would attend the games of upcoming Patriots opponents and assemble a spreadsheet of all the signals and corresponding plays. The scout would give it to Adams, who would spend most of the week in his office with the door closed, matching the notes to the tapes filmed from the sideline. Files were created, organized by opponent and by coach. During games, Walsh later told investigators, the Patriots' videographers were told to look like media members, to tape over their team logos or turn their sweatshirt inside out, to wear credentials that said Patriots TV or Kraft Productions. The videographers also were provided with excuses for what to tell NFL security if asked what they were doing: Tell them you're filming the quarterbacks. Or the kickers. Or footage for a team show.”

Spike

Reaction score
What's really funny is the Bengals thinking anyone wants to film their one-win team, lol

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I'm guessing all teams do not do this advance scouting video shooting, or the Bengals wouldn't question the guy being there.

That said, does anyone have to video tape the Bengals?

I'm guessing the Pats****** try to do that every week to the next week's opponent.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score

sounds like my kinda town though I would miss easy access to the coast.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
on the way back from the hardware store I heard NFL radio report that says the NFL has the film in question. Of course, that makes it a lot easier to dispose of the evidence...just press delete.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay I know its Bleacher Report, but is anyone else surprised by this?]

I know BR had a bad reputation at one point but they were bought by a huge company and they now put out legitimate stuff (or so I'm told).

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Audubon Iowa is about 170 miles west of Cedar Rapids.

Okay, that's a ways away. Audubon sounds kinda like Ely, he said it's a really small town and that he absolutely loved it. He swears he's going to move back before he dies and that the only reason he's in California is his wife is a California girl.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score