• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OT: Jets Assistant Coach Greg Knapp Dead

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

One second here, gone the next. Sad.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn…

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
RIP. Condolences to the family.

It goes to show when our time is up, it is up.

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
RIP Coach.

My dad got hit about 10 years ago while riding his bike. Some 86 year old woman hit him from behind. Launched him out over the handlebars bouncing off the highway. Lucky for him his helmet which cracked,took some of the impact.

Broke his jaw in 2 places,the orbital bone on the right I and gave him nasty road rash on the face ,arm and chest.

Lucky for him he's in top physical condition as well. Made a full recovery and had a little lazer surgery on the cheek from asphalt.

He never road down a public street again. People will run you over and leave you for dead.

Which happened to a friend of mine down by the University Of Florida in Gainesville. Guy hit him from behind ,knocked him into a ditch and drove off.

He managed to crawl out after a few hours and someone stopped. He ended up having his right leg amputated above the knee. This was a top notch wrestler around 22 at the time.

People suck.

CorpusDsteelers

Reaction score
We just had a guy in Florida fall off his bike down a ditch and then got bit by a alligator! What an unfortunate set of events

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Rotten as hell.

I ride my bike everyday. It's my exercize...so this is even shittier to hear for me.

RiP Coach and may God comfort and protect your family.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just started riding my bike again. I was riding up to 3 times per day, for a total of 24 miles.
******* crazy what you see out there - almost makes me want to sell my motorcycle.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
He lived about 10 miles away from me, by all accounts one of the real good guys on and off the field. There's so much vehicular traffic out here, peds and bike users really need to have eyes in the back of their head. It seems like everyday someone's getting clipped.

And then you go up to wine country and there's always tourists and some competitive folks on bikes on back roads with idiots in their cars who have been wine tasting all day in a hurry to get to their next glass. I would rather take a canoe trip on the Nile.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
He lived about 10 miles away from me, by all accounts one of the real good guys on and off the field. There's so much vehicular traffic out here, peds and bike users really need to have eyes in the back of their head. It seems like everyday someone's getting clipped.

And then you go up to wine country and there's always tourists and some competitive folks on bikes on back roads with idiots in their cars who have been wine tasting all day in a hurry to get to their next glass. I would rather take a canoe trip on the Nile.

Oh yeah, so you may live close to Pittsburg (the other one)? And that's a shame to hear. It's beautiful up there, minus the downtown city hellholes of course.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, so you may live close to Pittsburg (the other one)? And that's a shame to hear. It's beautiful up there, minus the downtown city hellholes of course.
Exactly and Pittsburg is about 12 miles in the opposite direction. When I moved out here and told people I was from Pittsburgh, they assumed it was the one out here. Unless of course they were from the real Pittsburgh or knew other yinzers, then it was obvious as soon as I opened my mouth.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
One of the more haunting stories I’ve heard was from an old boss when i was 20… she had two close friends visit from Florida and stay with them for a week … both were he nuts.
The husband went out for an early morning jog, he was adamant that he never missed a day…but his wife decided that on vacation she would sleep in…

My boss had to run out to the store for something later on.. she said she passed an accident scene involving a school bus…

He never showed up and when his wife contacted the police she found out that school bus rode him over while he was jogging and killed him…. Kids were on the bus and everything 😞