• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our Free Agent Signings.....

ark steel

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...umber-already-projected-to-break-140-million/

So in essence, the Steelers have roughly $78 million allocated for 2015 or roughly just under 56% of a $140 million cap number.
The Steelers of course have a whole draft class yet to sign and will likely extend several contracts before the start of the 2014 season, but overall, the team looks to be in good shape cap wise for 2015.

Don't forget that every one of those people we draft are going to suck at every aspect of the game... That will be a lot of holes to fill.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
It actually only takes about $2 million in cap "room" to sign the rookie draft class.

Remember, every drafted player you "sign" actually displaces someone else's salary you are already counting (a minimum salary guy). For the round 4-7 guys, that's almost a wash. Only the first and 2nd round picks really ADD a lot to your salary cap number and with the new salary structures, it's not really all that much.

Thanks for the correction. Then we have a shot at extending a couple of players, I think heyward is a priority, then Cortez and worilds could be extended

deljzc

Reaction score
If we extend Worilds we would save a LOT of salary cap room. I'm sure that's the plan and hope, but the tag price might have made Worilds think the deal the Steelers are offering isn't better than playing this year and hitting free agency again next year.

We really don't need to extend Heyward. He's under contract in 2015 with the option (and it's only like $8.4 million or something like that). And you don't have to "use" a tag to do it.

I do hope they extend Cortez Allen. That would use up maybe $2 million minimum in cap room.

Extending Pouncey might not increase the cap much either. His cap hit right now is $5.4 million. Depending on how much he's pocketed already from roster bonuses and March payments (if any), he could easily have a pretty big contract w/ bonus and have a cap hit right around that figure.

Of course, we could always SAVE our cap room until next year as well for maybe when we plan on doing something with Roethlisberger. Who knows.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget that every one of those people we draft are going to suck at every aspect of the game... That will be a lot of holes to fill.

Hopefully we can get Cowher to come back and draft for us. He never missed.

steelhurt

Reaction score
No to Keisel and Harrison. I want to get younger and would rather fill these depth spots with draft picks and or F/A's after June 1st that are younger than these two 35 year olds.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
No to Keisel and Harrison. I want to get younger and would rather fill these depth spots with draft picks and or F/A's after June 1st that are younger than these two 35 year olds.

Rather do a lot of things. But we are not guaranteed what is cut is better. Still prefer a vet for depth in case the rookie has growing pains.................. So if Harrison and th Beard are as good as it gets (availability) you bring them in............

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Kiesel and Harrison
you gotta deal with your money / cap situation. These 2 guys:

1 already know system
2. Arent Bad players.. Not like we just brought in wimper again or this brice McCain who was rated worst in the league.
3. Wont cost a lot.
4. Are good depth insurance.
5. Are Steeler men.

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
Kiesel and Harrison
you gotta deal with your money / cap situation. These 2 guys:

1 already know system
2. Arent Bad players.. Not like we just brought in wimper again or this brice McCain who was rated worst in the league.
3. Wont cost a lot.
4. Are good depth insurance.
5. Are Steeler men.

Also add #6 who is left that is better...........nobody!

Turbo Pig

Reaction score
Not only is Cam a bad player, he's a scumbag jerk that has never had to work for anything

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
102yes to harrison, these young lb's need his vet presence.
Sure to kesiel but if he gets greedy i am sure can can do play as well vs the run, plus our base is basically now either a 2-4-5 or a 3-2-6, teams spread us out after 1st down.

//but they did that less bc teams were able to run well vs mclendon and ziggy, last year, hopefully we draft mccullers or ellis and mclendon is used heavy in the nickel and dime as a under dt.

steelpastor

Reaction score

The questions about the cap are really simple. We don't HAVE TO spend it all. Unspent cap money can be rolled into next year... how can that be a bad goal?