• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Overrated/underrated you agree?

Vader

Reaction score
How in the hell is Bridgewater underrated? Also not sure how Savage is overrated since nobody is talking about him.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
I think Dakota Dozier is the perfect name for an offensive lineman... I still believe that Louis Nix III is a guy like Casey Hampton that you can plug into the Nose Guard position and just leave him there for 10+ years... I think he is that good.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
How in the hell is Bridgewater underrated? Also not sure how Savage is overrated since nobody is talking about him.

Bridgewater is out of the first round in some mocks now... my guess.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Savage is being talked about alot. He is moving up alot of teams boards. Supposedly the biggest arm in the draft.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score

Teddy went from the #1 or #2 pick after the season- to maybe not in the 1st round at all.

I actually think that Bortles is the mos overrated player in this draft.

Vader

Reaction score
Teddy went from the #1 or #2 pick after the season- to maybe not in the 1st round at all.

I actually think that Bortles is the mos overrated player in this draft.

And he had a horrible pro-day. I've seen Lewan slip all the way to 16 to the cowgirls but the list has him as overrated. What did he do to drop that far? Maybe Bridgewater was overrated by non-NFL people to start with? I've read article where NFL team exec. say that he was never high on their list and some had him between the 2nd and 4th round. So maybe Bridgewater is now rated about where he should be?

I

Idioteque

Bridgewater is underrated because people think his Pro Day matters (it doesn't). He's by far the most pro-ready QB in this class. Of course, that doesn't necessarily make him the best prospect, as I think Bortles has a similar (if not higher) ceiling. But he had years of excellent film that are now being erased from memory because there are now 500+ douches writing articles based on articles based on articles someone read about articles that someone read about some GM's anonymous quote about his Pro Day.

Vader

Reaction score
Bridgewater is underrated because people think his Pro Day matters (it doesn't). He's by far the most pro-ready QB in this class. Of course, that doesn't necessarily make him the best prospect, as I think Bortles has a similar (if not higher) ceiling. But he had years of excellent film that are now being erased from memory because there are now 500+ douches writing articles based on articles based on articles someone read about articles that someone read about some GM's anonymous quote about his Pro Day.

I never cared for Bridgewater. Like I said earlier, many NFL FO people have said all along that he wasn't a top 10 pick. It's the non-NFL people that talked him up to start with. There isn't much I like about the guy. He played for a program that had a horrible schedule. They played nobody at all. Then he doesn't have elite size, arm strength or speed. He maybe "pro-ready" but that's the type of talk that was around when Gino Torretta came out.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score

Savage got invited to the draft and is being said to go as high as the 2nd rd.

Vader

Reaction score
Savage got invited to the draft and is being said to go as high as the 2nd rd.

I've heard very little about Savage nationally. I stopped looking at QBs weeks ago.

I

Idioteque

Yeah, Savage is shooting through the roof. He looks to me like the strong-armed guy who shoots up boards every year. Hell, he could even become Flacco and go in the first. He doesn't look bad. But he is absolutely a project, much more so than most first-round QBs I've ever seen.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
I watched lots of PITT games....they pimped Savage as an NFL guy hard every week he played.

he's got the arm....not sure about the rest.

Bortles and Bridgewater are 1a and 1b, imo.

but that's just THIS draft.

it's certainly not 1983 quality.

Last edited:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
saw ESPN projecting him as the Texans' first pick in the 2nd round (assuming they don't trade down)

deljzc

Reaction score
Speaking of PITT guys, I'm surprised Devin Street isn't getting more love.

I actually think he's a pretty good prospect. I watched the FSU game and was very impressed with the tape.

I know this is sacrilegious around here, but I have Street and Donte Moncreif very close on my big board for "tall receivers". I just don't see what all the fuss it with Moncrief. I think Moncrief is going to struggle with press coverage and his change of direction skills and turns in/out of breaks is very average. I know his measurables are pretty freaky, but I don't see that type of athleticism or "burst" on tape from Moncrief at all.

I think Street looks much smoother as an athlete.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I never cared for Bridgewater. Like I said earlier, many NFL FO people have said all along that he wasn't a top 10 pick. It's the non-NFL people that talked him up to start with. There isn't much I like about the guy. He played for a program that had a horrible schedule. They played nobody at all. Then he doesn't have elite size, arm strength or speed. He maybe "pro-ready" but that's the type of talk that was around when Gino Torretta came out.

100% agree. At best, he'll be like Geno Smith. This past year.
He has a compact motion, but other than that...I'd pass on the dude and HAPPILY trade down to some team who wanted him.

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
I disagree with Savage, Moncrief and Latimer on the overrated side, hard in my opinion to call a guy(s) who has been projected as a 3rd at best overrated. TMC really turned me on to Ellis and after watching him in the shrine game he has become one of my favorite guys in this draft. I don't see how Nix could be called underrated when so many mocks had us taking him at 15.

Stoney

Reaction score
His pro day was panned because he screwed the pooch during his workout. He was horrible and every watching new it. He then gets in front of the cameras and professes to believe that everything went super, that he's never performed better. I think that because of his post pro day interviews, the credibility factor hurt him as much as the piss-poor workout did. It wouldn't surprised me to see him fall past the Texans in the 2nd round.

Vader

Reaction score
saw ESPN projecting him as the Texans' first pick in the 2nd round (assuming they don't trade down)

Yes, but if you look they have a ton of players "shooting" up the boards. In reality a lot of those guys will fall.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
this was just today at noon. although, like you said, anyone could be the pick in the next few minutes.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
100% agree. At best, he'll be like Geno Smith. This past year.
He has a compact motion, but other than that...I'd pass on the dude and HAPPILY trade down to some team who wanted him.

Why do you think he will be like Geno Smith?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
at best, he'll be Geno Smith.
at worst, Rex Grossman.