• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 22-23

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Keeping the “big 3” together was a mistake. Look, I get the nostalgia, and the fact that those guys won three cups together. It’s been an awesome ride to say the least.

That said, they gotta look at the here and now. Crosby is the only one of the three playing anywhere near his prime peak. The other two try to play like they are still in their prime, which is what they know, but they aren’t at that level anymore. Add to that the amount of ice time they get and it compounds problems.

On top of that you have a bottom six that doesn’t produce much, and guys like Rust that make a pile of money with little return. They are in a tough spot.

The first step to getting better would be admitting that your roster isn’t winning the cup any time soon. Second would be doing something about it.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Had my son out visit the Pitt campus on Friday during the day, then took him to the Pens/Jets game at night. What a shlt performance. Without Archibald in the lineup, Zucker is the only, and I mean ONLY guy with any heart on that team. The place was packed, the crowd was ready to explode with any amount of excitement, but other than his fight (which got the crowd going, but got very little response from the team itself) and the early goal by O'Conner, there was next to nothing to cheer about all night. Very disappointing. I know that their top three defenseman are out, but still...

Not sure why they just inserted Ty Smith on the #1 power play. He's been in Wilkes-Barre all year. Why not give Joseph a chance? He's earned it, in my opinion.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
We are already past the half way point. Game 43 tonight. It is time to start playing better every night. This veteran team is very inconsistent.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Pens about to hit the bottom if they lose this one. The Ducks are bad. Really bad. Cannot lose this one.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Pens about to hit the bottom if they lose this one. The Ducks are bad. Really bad. Cannot lose this one.
We took it in OT, but they never should have been in that situation. I'm tired of the energy being reserved for when we are down at the end.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
We took it in OT, but they never should have been in that situation. I'm tired of the energy being reserved for when we are down at the end.
There is something wrong with this team. I mean, aside from the dinosaurs still taking regular shifts. This team lacks energy, motivation. Even the wins are of the sad variety lately. Not sure what is going on, but they have to get this fixed.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
That Dallas kicker is out of work as of tonight

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Good game tonight. Pens tied 3-3 half way thru the game.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Good game tonight. Pens tied 3-3 half way thru the game.
I guess. Lots of sloppiness, IMO. Also, the lazy Russian has shown up here late in the 2nd period.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I just can't stand how this team plays pattycake, waiting for the perfect opportunity. A SOG changes up defenses giving opportunity for rebounds. It's how Geno scored tonight. '
Also, Carter is done. When we get more guys back, he needs to be a healthy scratch for a while.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
DOES FRIGGIN' TOM BRADY PLAY FOR THE SENS NOW?!?!?!?!

The calls are so one sided.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I watched this game last night. I'm gonna start by saying Jeff Carter is half stepping. I can't count how many times the guy just drifted when he needed to hustle. I agree with the above that he is done.

Aside from that, very sloppy game by the Pens. Their lack of speed was evident, and I saw a lot of players trying to do too much individually and it led to turnovers, scoring chances against and penalties. The PK was plain terrible. The PP passes the puck WAY too much looking for that perfect shot that never materializes. If they are just in a funk, it's a deep one. Need to get some bodies back, especially on the back end. That should clean some of this stuff up.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
In contrast, tonight's game against the Sens was a thing of beauty. 4-1 final and very good hockey.