• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 22-23

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
When you are the better team most of the time you won't, or should I say don't have to. The Pens can't get a team on their heels and keep them there anymore. That is when you get the hooking, tripping and interference calls. They have flashes and spirts here and there, but it's never enough.

Jarry had to make some great saves tonight or it would have been a laugher.
Mario would like to disagree. 🤣

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well got Jarry this evening. National TV game, down 1-0 9:45 period 1. I'd like a big win or at least all out effort for 3 periods.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t think Sullivan has lost the team.
This roster just isn’t good.

I do think they’re a first round playoff team again.
They need to get rid of Carter in the offseason

str8liner

Reaction score
Annnnd "Mr. Penalty" puts them down 2-0.....

Seriously starting to think this team won't make the playoffs.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Annnnd "Mr. Penalty" puts them down 2-0.....

Seriously starting to think this team won't make the playoffs.
They’ll make it. But don’t expect them to advance past the 1st round.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Just not a good team. Oh well. Hopefully they don't stink it up too much this evening.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I like that Nylander, O’Conner line.
They’re generating pressure. The Pens for the most part have had good chances.

Jarry is just not it.

str8liner

Reaction score
I don’t think Sullivan has lost the team.
This roster just isn’t good.

I do think they’re a first round playoff team again.
They need to get rid of Carter in the offseason

Carter was the one gliding around watching Zebanajad score that first goal.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think they'll shut down the team or move it,but right now they suck and this is really embarrassing hockey.
The absentee owners have thrown money to keep the Pens in Pittsburgh.

I’m not up in arms with a bad season nor an embarrassing game. What is there to be embarrassed about? We don’t play for them. These guys on the roster have to feel the pressure of the local media.

Sid’s era has accomplished a lot. This was expected as the group aged. I ain’t stressing.

Not much I can do here to impact the game anyways lol. Just sit back and enjoy if you like watching. If the game is hard to watch. Just turn it off, enjoy the weekend.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll go down with the ship tonight lol.
I think the ranger’s may win the cup with Tarasenko and Kane. I have a feeling Boston is gonna choke in the post season.

Imagine a possible playoff season without Sid or Ovechkin. Those guys carried the league for a long time

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The absentee owners have thrown money to keep the Pens in Pittsburgh.

I’m not up in arms with a bad season nor an embarrassing game. What is there to be embarrassed about? We don’t play for them. These guys on the roster have to feel the pressure of the local media.

Sid’s era has accomplished a lot. This was expected as the group aged. I ain’t stressing.

Not much I can do here to impact the game anyways lol. Just sit back and enjoy if you like watching. If the game is hard to watch. Just turn it off, enjoy the weekend.

I'm a fan I'll ***** all I want and as a fan it's an embarrassing display of hockey.

How about you do you and I'll do me...lol

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn. Young Sid would’ve had that.
Aging stars lol

str8liner

Reaction score
MTC they haven't made it past the 1st round for 4 years. Not likely to this year either.....With all the talent they have had that is unacceptable IMO.

I am glad you can take a 6-0 *** whooping by the Rangers like that. But I can't.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I am glad you can take a 6-0 *** whooping by the Rangers like that. But I can't.
I don’t play for the Penguins. Getting mad for something out of my control serves me no emotional rile up.

I like sports. But life goes on whether these guys win or lose. Add in these guys make a nice salary regardless of score.

I like when they win out of novelty. But life is always going to have other ups and downs that are of higher priority for me.

If the Pens help you and give you meaning. Be fanatical. I wish more people like you filled PPG paints arena. Maybe that energy would help the team.

I’m not telling anyone how to be fan. I’m just explaining why a pro sports business club just doesn’t sting me anymore when they lose.

The Pens have been pretty bad since 2019. They’ve lost an identity. It’s very similar to the Mike Johnston era. I think they’re a first round team again. That’s it. I don’t have expectations when Carter and Dumoulin are constantly getting ice time.