• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 22-23

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Jarry with the shutout. Made some big saves.

They had to have this one tonight facing the Bruins Saturday and the Panthers playing Columbus.

Hard to figure these guys out other than small spurts of good play. I can't ***** too much when they give up ZERO goals. Bravo!

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Once again they outshot the opponent by a wide margin, and had the better quality and quantity of scoring chances throughout the game...

This time the result was favorable......for one reason and one reason only.

They are all huge points to collect now!

Bring on the Beaners!..
I'm actually predicting a Saturday matinee victory....wonder if ticket prices are reduced?

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
This was good game for the Pens. They were pretty fast and aggressive throughout.

One side note....Jusse Saros is why you cannot skimp on goaltending. That guy was under fire the whole game and was lights out. Pens probably should have had 5 or 6 goals. Dude was ridiculous.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
This was good game for the Pens. They were pretty fast and aggressive throughout.

One side note....Jusse Saros is why you cannot skimp on goaltending. That guy was under fire the whole game and was lights out. Pens probably should have had 5 or 6 goals. Dude was ridiculous.
We have net issues. It sucks. Jarry should be a #2, and CDS in the Baby Pens.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
The camera doesn’t show Jarry nor do I really pay attention to what he does during the anthem.

He’s not your kid nor my kid. I really don’t have a strong opinion on this only because if it was such a big issue, it would be drawing some type of media attention given hockey’s demographics.

Does he have other character issues to label him a punk?
You're wrong. The camera does show Jarry often. I've seen him do it 4 or 5 times this season, and more than once on several of those occasions. It is a big issue with me, because I've served this country, and I think that the least he could do is keep his spit in his mouth for two minutes while the national anthem is playing.

But yeah, you've never seen it, so you don't have an opinion. Great. Maybe I'm making it all up.

I don't need to look any further for other "character issues," disrespecting the anthem and the flag is enough for me.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
You're wrong. The camera does show Jarry often. I've seen him do it 4 or 5 times this season, and more than once on several of those occasions. It is a big issue with me, because I've served this country, and I think that the least he could do is keep his spit in his mouth for two minutes while the national anthem is playing.

But yeah, you've never seen it, so you don't have an opinion. Great. Maybe I'm making it all up.

I don't need to look any further for other "character issues," disrespecting the anthem and the flag is enough for me.
If it offends you, then don’t watch. Quite simple as that really.

Many people have served. Some are offended, some aren’t. These are the freedoms of the civilian world.

Did I say you were making it up? I just said I don’t have a strong opinion.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Jarry is gonna give the hardcore pens fans a heart attack today. He is a mess so far

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We're doing better than I expected, but still losing. 3-5 pp and we take one shot

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say thoroughly outplayed. The Pens have had some good opportunities too.

Difference is goaltending as always
MTC - love your optimism but they were totally outplayed and outclassed in 1st...
Ice balanced out in 2nd....but we needed a PP goal on the 5 on 3 at the end of period.

They are just not clicking offensively today....but I think the other team has alot to do with that.

When our best player on the ice is Jarry...its probably not a good thing...
I would be thrilled and very surprised if we get even one point today.

str8liner

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say thoroughly outplayed. The Pens have had some good opportunities too.

Difference is goaltending as always
Bruins had chances to blow it wide open in the first.

Way more than the Pens did.

I just wish they wouldnt commit stupid penalties and get behind.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
MTC - love your optimism but they were totally outplayed and outclassed in 1st...
Ice balanced out in 2nd....but we needed a PP goal on the 5 on 3 at the end of period.

They are just not clicking offensively today....but I think the other team has alot to do with that.

When our best player on the ice is Jarry...its probably not a good thing...
I would be thrilled and very surprised if we get even one point today.
Lol. I’m not optimistic nor stressed.
Just casually observing and speaking about the 2nd period. Not just the 1st.

The 1st period, Jarry was definitely out of position early on.

The Pens have had some quality chances. They’re only down by 1 point. Still a 3rd period to play. Anything can happen

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Bruins had chances to blow it wide open in the first.

Way more than the Pens did.

I just wish they wouldnt commit stupid penalties and get behind.
The Ruhwedal penalty was a soft call.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol Jarry is not the answer.

Question to you guy’s emotionally invested.
Why do you want the team to make the playoffs knowing full well they’ll more than likely get booted in the first round?

The Pens don’t have a strong bottom 6 to go very far. If you’re emotionally invested why prolong your misery, when the franchise can actually have a full offseason to make necessary adjustments if needed?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
3-3 fellers.
You guys still breathing? Lol