• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
man, that game stunk. I literally turned it on right after the Pens third goal and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. The rest of the game was so lackluster that the Pens was caught in the Flyers web and couldn't move. Sid, where are you???? Totally different team from Tuesday. I don't get it.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens can be a good team. They are really inconsistent. Some nights they look like a cup contender then they’ll fall apart like a midget team.

I personally think the country club culture is coming back.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Looked like the fire and intensity of the previous game carried over for the first part of the first period and then it was like a light bulb turned on. Hey Sid is back, we can just go back into cruise control again....

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Goin' to see the Pens/Bruins on the 16th. Coming home for a few days to see my sister and my oldest son. He got us tickets for that nite to celebrate my retirement. Never been to the 'new' arena ... last Pens game I was at was at the Igloo around 1978. That'll change once I have moved back. Same for the Stillers .... last saw them in person at 3 Rivers .... around 1978 too .... never been to a game at Heinz ... did do a tour though in 2019.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Goin' to see the Pens/Bruins on the 16th. Coming home for a few days to see my sister and my oldest son. He got us tickets for that nite to celebrate my retirement. Never been to the 'new' arena ... last Pens game I was at was at the Igloo around 1978. That'll change once I have moved back. Same for the Stillers .... last saw them in person at 3 Rivers .... around 1978 too .... never been to a game at Heinz ... did do a tour though in 2019.
Last live Pens game I saw in person was at the Igloo when Dominic Hasek was the goalie for the Sabres.. I always have something going on that keeps me from traveling down to see them when they play the Panthers or Lightning down here in Florida

Nice win today. Too bad they blew that lead the other day.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I'm hoping the Caps can beat Philly tomorrow. If the Pens win, they'll be back in the top 4 playoff mix.
It sucks when we are in the position of rooting for the caps.

I have never seen the Pens win in person. That sucks, too. In fact, I think that I will start a service to let people pay me to not go to a game. If we are in the playoffs and I post that I might go see the game, people can donate to bribe me to stay home instead.

A good way to supplement my teacher's pay.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

I have never seen the Pens win in person. That sucks, too. In fact, I think that I will start a service to let people pay me to not go to a game. If we are in the playoffs and I post that I might go see the game, people can donate to bribe me to stay home instead.

Considering I’ve been busy with work of late and haven’t tuned in much this season. I demand a monetary reward too if they make the playoffs.

Sorry guys. I just can’t help it. It’s who I choose to identify as at the moment. Cup run and superstition income.

You’re welcome

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Boston falls further!

Vader

Reaction score
need this one tonight.

Vader

Reaction score
That didn't take long.... 2 on 1 so we're down 1-0 in less than 2 minutes.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

I've seen 4 games. The first being in Greensboro when the Hurricanes had that new hockey club smell. It was just before the playoffs and neither Jagr or Lemieux played but the Pens won. Second was in the Igloo against Toronto just before they moved into their new digs. Third was in DC against the Caps in the playoffs a couple years ago. Watched Tanger pretty much give that game away, and finally last year at the Caps just before we all had to go into hiding. Won the first one but have a 3 game losing streak.

Not getting a good feeling about this game. Rangers are flying.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Not getting a good feeling about this game. Rangers are flying.

They are. And the zebras missed a super obvious trip against Geno

Vader

Reaction score
NY is pulling their goalie... Sid with a beautiful shot to make it 3-1.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: MTC

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
That story on Sid starting the kids league is amazing. We're so lucky to have him.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Kinkaid and Desmith are fun to watch. Both goalies have faced quality shots

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well they are playing a damn good game this evening. The rangers need to stick their other goalie back in, this guy is stopping everything now.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Kinkaid and Desmith are fun to watch. Both goalies have faced quality shots
Would love to have you there. Every game. I'll be a bit late to Tuesday's game.

Reactions: MTC