• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a replay of too many games against the Bs and often the Caps - play dirty against the Pens because they can't counter it. We need to get a real goon to meet them in the playoffs. We have enough to trade, and we had better do it, or we are just conceding. Marchuand knows that we can't do a thing against a dirty team. He needs to meet a goon.

If we win this game, I'll eat my hat.

Vader

Reaction score
The issue is will Sully play a goon if he gets one? He likes speed and skill over physical play. But Dj is right. Most teams can bully their way through the pens right now.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Bad puck handling on that powerplay.
That’s game imo. Oh well

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pens seem to have a bad record on these early Saturday noon games

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Bruins deserved that one. Pens Fed up their chances. Fun game to watch though.

I still think we're the better team when totally healthy. Boston has a problem when we're flying around. They have no problem when we get too cute with the "over passing".

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I would love to get decent talent for Letang with a few more miles on the tread. He's a great player but loses his mind at the worst opportunities.
I think his careless-ness, like Malkin can be a good thing. Dumoulin has the smarts to utilize Letang’s carelessness into opportunity. Like Malkin, Letang has great athleticism, good stickhandling. Bad hockey iq/awareness. But that athleticism and stickhandling - having a strong supporting cast can make up for the defencies

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Bruins deserved that one. Pens Fed up their chances. Fun game to watch though.

I still think we're the better team when totally healthy. Boston has a problem when we're flying around. They have no problem when we get too cute with the "over passing".
Agreed. Pens will be alright

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Colby, yaz werin a somewhat normal suit today. Geez guy can't you keep it consistent at least. Go back to the purple Pants N'at suit if yer winnin wit it. What the hell was wrong with yer wife when she was dressin you this mornin...Geeez

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Hard to win games when you give up 6 goals, 7 if you count the empty net. Scoring 5 should cover it for 98% of your wins.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I think his careless-ness, like Malkin can be a good thing. Dumoulin has the smarts to utilize Letang’s carelessness into opportunity. Like Malkin, Letang has great athleticism, good stickhandling. Bad hockey iq/awareness. But that athleticism and stickhandling - having a strong supporting cast can make up for the defencies
I’m gonna need you to explain that a little better because I fail to see how having a player of Letang’s “caliber” playing careless in critical situations is a benefit because of who he’s paired with.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We will see the caps and the scum sucking Bs in the post season. If we don't make a trade to get a real goon, they will beat us.

You heard it here first.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m gonna need you to explain that a little better because I fail to see how having a player of Letang’s “caliber” playing careless in critical situations is a benefit because of who he’s paired with.
In short. What he lacks in iq he makes up for in athleticism. In a sport like hockey, basketball, soccer. You can often mask those negatives with a stronger supporting crew. However those negatives are harder to mask when you have multiple players like that. Think when Malkin and Letang are on the ice on the same time. It’s constant turnovers.

Think like say James Neal, Kapanen now who can utilize Malkin’s positives and lessen the severity of his negatives.

It’s pretty much a double edge sword. I’d personally trade 1 of the 2. I think the Pens would get more value of a trade shopping Malkin

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
We will see the caps and the scum sucking Bs in the post season. If we don't make a trade to get a real goon, they will beat us.

You heard it here first.
I think so.

However I also think Hextall will push for a physical guy as well

Reactions: JMM