• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Totally understand where you're coming from DJ but I think we'd be better served with a tough player like McAvoy who can lay somebody out but play smart hockey.

I'm totally frustrated with Letang and have been for about the past 4 years. I think Sid is so used with him playing on his line that he's not going anywhere and I think he knows it which allows him to be so damn careless. If you think about it what other team in the NHL would be diving over other teams to snag him for their first line? I really think he was the straw that broke the camel's back with respect to GMJR.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Totally understand where you're coming from DJ but I think we'd be better served with a tough player like McAvoy who can lay somebody out but play smart hockey.

Who? I don't see teams trading such a player.

I'm cool with your idea. Just don't see the possibilities lining up. If they can't find that guy, get a goon. Doing nothing is almost inexcusable, because we know who we will be facing, and how they beat us.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who? I don't see teams trading such a player.

I'm cool with your idea. Just don't see the possibilities lining up. If they can't find that guy, get a goon. Doing nothing is almost inexcusable, because we know who we will be facing, and how they beat us.
I know what you mean DJ but a goon isn't going to get you **** except 2 minutes in the box and probably give up a goal.

Angelo and a few of the big guys were absent today. I want to know how they were discounted and figure out how to get them back in there. Also Tanev was not as gritty as usual. Hoping they just took the day off, but expected much more on a Sunday afternoon. We'll see what happens at night when The Pens Fly.
🍺

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
You may be right. I may just be mad still.

I listened to the announcers pontificate about the Pens in the first intermission, and I was thinking that they were watching a different game than I was.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You may be right. I may just be mad still.

I listened to the announcers pontificate about the Pens in the first intermission, and I was thinking that they were watching a different game than I was.
Guessing you were listening to the TV guys. Listen to the old 29er on 105.9 the X he'll tell it like it is.

str8liner

Reaction score
Hard to win games when you give up 6 goals, 7 if you count the empty net. Scoring 5 should cover it for 98% of your wins.
Yea, I missed the game but seen it was 1-0 after the first then whatever in the living hell happened in the second?

Picked a good game to miss.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I see where they put Gaudreau and Angello back on the taxi squad. They seemed to be contributing so I wonder if they'll be bringing up someone else or if they'll be getting back a couple vets.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
****, I was going to turn the game on. Down 4-1 after period one..bleh..wth.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We have forgotten to own our own crease of late. They set up screens at will. Not sure it's all on Jarry. Sid has turned it over a bunch of times, even in our own zone. Fundamentals would be nice here.

We have given up 11 goals in the last three periods.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
We have forgotten to own our own crease of late. They set up screens at will. Not sure it's all on Jarry. Sid has turned it over a bunch of times, even in our own zone. Fundamentals would be nice here.

We have given up 11 goals in the last three periods.
Sure fire way to lose. It's playing half ***. There's no other excuse. Considering what they've already demonstrated over a substantial period of time.

str8liner

Reaction score
Sure fire way to lose. It's playing half ***. There's no other excuse. Considering what they've already demonstrated over a substantial period of time.
How many times have we seen this over the years? With different players all under the core of the team. Cant include Geno in this one though.

They get within striking distance or the lead in the division then its like you flip a switch and the half assed play starts...

Heck Crosby was the one that set the tone tonight with that stupid long pass turnover into the middle of the ice on that first goal...

I was waiting for this as they moved up in the standings...

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How many times have we seen this over the years? With different players all under the core of the team. Cant include Geno in this one though.

They get within striking distance or the lead in the division then its like you flip a switch and the half assed play starts...

Heck Crosby was the one that set the tone tonight with that stupid long pass turnover into the middle of the ice on that first goal...

I was waiting for this as they moved up in the standings...
Getting closer to the playoffs too so teams are starting to hit that next gear. Losing Tanev on top of the other injuries hurts a lot. Sids made a few mistakes tonight. He'll either implode or unleash hell. :)

I still wouldn't be surprised if the Pens make this close. It ain't over till it's over.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Losing Tanev on top of the other injuries hurts a lot. Sids made a few mistakes tonight.
Tanev is more than non-hockey guys know. He is a huge force. His loss is very significant.

Sid is filling in for Geno's turn over skills tonight.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
This defense for the last two games has forgotten all the basics. The way the crease is abandoned to the other team, even I could score

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tanev is more than non-hockey guys know. He is a huge force. His loss is very significant.

Sid is filling in for Geno's turn over skills tonight.
No kidding. It's over now... Rodriguez and Matheson are the only ones out there tonight worth their salt. The physical game is nowhere to be found. Just call it a night and halt the skid at 2. Hope Blue can come back Thursday.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
No kidding. It's over now... Rodriguez and Matheson are the only ones out there tonight worth their salt. The physical game is nowhere to be found. Just call it a night and halt the skid at 2. Hope Blue can come back Thursday.
They need Blue and Tanev

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Pens got *** raped, but not as bad as the Pirates so there’s that.