• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice win and what a shoot out goal by Jake!

Caps looked gassed in OT and Pens missed several good chances to win it then..

2 points much needed!
It is pretty noticeable the caps lost a step.
Chara and Ovechkin are a shell of their former selves.

I’ll say Sid can still hold his own and shows some strength on the boards.
His decision making is still solid.

Malkin is in the same boat as Chara and Ovie. Just off and slowing down.
Malkin does get emotional still, so hopefully that emotion turns into whatever good he has left in the tank.

The bottom lines really stood out today.
I was having flashbacks of HBK everytime Tanev and Jankowski were on the ice

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
If there was a must-win early regular season game, that was it!

Geno does look slow and Letang is not fast and elusive like he once was. If I could move KL for a decent return, I'd do it. This team need some grit and solid D and G play to have a chance.

Last edited:

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Crazy busy day and a little chance to research myself, yes I’m ******* lazy. Any update on if Kapanen is playing tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
You all need to see the replay of the 5-3 short handed goal we had in the second period tonight. DeSmith got the assist. Blueger got the goal.

Amazing.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
You all need to see the replay of the 5-3 short handed goal we had in the second period tonight. DeSmith got the assist. Blueger got the goal.

Amazing.

Best Pens goal this year. By far. Also, nice to see Malkin join the hockey season on the PP. That shot was a rocket.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
So Sid still has it, we can score goals...err we're not stopping many. Beating the Caps both games is heartwarming.

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Gonna be a crazy year! Emotional, Visual Roller coaster already only 4 games in! Tonight - Ovie was invisible for the first time I can remember, just don’t remember once being like oh **** when 8 was around the puck. Wilson got lucky but still dirty. Chara, meh real slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Was a good game last night. Pens got off to a horrible start, and I almost turned it off. Glad I didn't. Malkin and Guentzel both scored, so I am hoping that becomes a more regular occurrence. They still have issues on the back end, and the injuries aren't helping that. Goalie is a little concerning too, but I am hoping Jarry just has the yips from being nervous about being the man. DeSmith is ok, but you aren't gonna win a lot with that guy behind the Pens defense.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
come on Sarge, just when I was feeling good about the Pens, you have to go and throw reality into the fold. :becky:

I think Kasparen really helps and if they can get ZAR back, he will solifify the offense, as well. The D and G are a concern, for sure. Injuries don't help matters.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not finding any updates on Pederson. Anyone?

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm not finding any updates on Pederson. Anyone?

Nothing here either. Between Rikola and Ruhwedle I think they will be okay. Kapenen will be on the 1st line I think with a few more practices with Sid. Rodrigues will drop most likely to the 4th. ZAR will fil in nicely in the bottom 6. Jarry I think was opening week jitters.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Sorry,,, way late on the response...I did catch the game but put technology aside for a week.

I'm definitely no hockey expert but that 3-5 goal was one of the top plays I think I have ever seen since I started watching the Pens back in the early 90s. Also notice how slow and lame the Great 8 was on that breakaway. He couldn't catch up and barely tapped him.

Last edited:

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Oh and Tj oshie is a punk

The whole f'n team is full of punks but he is the leader of the pack. At least when Wilson gets hit, the guy smiles like, I'm going to get you back, but TJ just cries to Mamma Ref. I hate to say it but if we ever signed Wilson, I'd be glad to see him on our team and I'd sic him on the opposing team's #1 player like white on rice. Oshie? That whiny ***** can go rot in a cold distant rink somewhere nobody gives a **** abut.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wish I could find just the highlight of the 3-0 rush that Casey triumphed on. Looking forward to seeing how he does this year. With a **** ton of depression going on, this brought me above the waterline for a little bit.

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Pens did recalled defensemen Pierre-Oliver Joseph and Czuzcman and forward Drew O'Connor. Assuming he is for depth and can't see him in the lineup already with Ruhwedel , who should be getting the nod. Pettersson is considered week to week with the phantom upper body injury and now the same for Riikola. Ruhwedel missed a day for the birth of his first child. Matheson is said to be out long term with his upper body injury

From Morning Skate:

Turnover Tanger - Dumoulin
Marino - Ceci
Ruhwedel (not certain due to child birth) - Joseph and/or Czuzcman

Jake - Sid and Kapanen (knew that wouldn't take long)
Zucker - Lazy Russian - Rust
McCann - Janokowki - Tanev
Rodrigues - Sceviour - Blueger (O'Conner also skated)

Odd to no have King Henry in for the Rags, like seeing Chara in a Caps jersey.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes - The Flyers are THAT good.

Apparently they aren’t. Since the two easy wins against the Pens, they have 1 win against Buffalo, and have been out scored 17-6 in three losses. They have skill just like the Pens, but they have a ton of issues on the back end just like the Pens, perhaps worse. The bad news for the Flyers is they only have six games left against the Pens.