• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Pretty much looks like

Monday - B’s v Isles

The **** off both of ya game : Tues Caps v B’s

1 PENGUINS v 4 islanders
2/3 douche bagS

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
I think they knew as soon as they went to OT, but I also believe they just clinch the two seed and home ice. Only reason to pull keeper and go 6 on 4 is to win only in regulation. Only seeding I think left is Bruins need 1 pt in last two (Isles and Caps) Caps may rest players Tuesday

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
He and Oshie. Asswipe got hit and you'd think he had to have his leg amputated during the intermission... I'm guessing hes back out there now. Same **** different year.
It’ll be the day when some young NHLer comes in and shows no fear and lays a shoulder into these guys.

Don’t get me wrong. I’d love to have a physical playmaker like Wilson on the Pens. He is what matt cooke should’ve been. Cooke was a dirty player himself and deserved that beat down he got from Evander Kane. I can share the same towards Wilson.

Anywho back to the Pens. Division champs. 15 straight seasons. Crosby, Malkin and Letang, despite their boneheaded mistakes at times. They’ve always been in contention for a cup. This year, as long as that supporting cast stays hungry, they can go deep

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
It will be interesting to see how the remaining teams in our division approach their last games. I'd guess Washington will rest all their starters. They are locked in. Guess it depends on if Boston wants to play the Pens or the Caps as to who they put on the ice.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the remaining teams in our division approach their last games. I'd guess Washington will rest all their starters. They are locked in. Guess it depends on if Boston wants to play the Pens or the Caps as to who they put on the ice.
If I was the Isles, I would drop the game against the Bs tonight and take their chances with the Pens. Let Boston and Wash kill eachother. That's what I'm hope for, anyway.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I had a feeling that Taylor Hall would have been a really good pick-up for Boston. Sweet goal in OT.

I have Pens in 6 and Bs in 5.

Bring on the PO!

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
I think the Pens in 5. No Anders Lee is a big deal and they just don't score enough. With Tanev expected back, that 4th line of ZAR, Blue and Tanev will be something! 3rd should be McCann, Carter and Gaudreau. Crazy and scary bottom 6

I will also go with Boston but I think with Ovie back and Rask having ups and downs and I hope I am right, Boston in 7! please go 7!!!

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the Pens in 5. No Anders Lee is a big deal and they just don't score enough. With Tanev expected back, that 4th line of ZAR, Blue and Tanev will be something! 3rd should be McCann, Carter and Gaudreau. Crazy and scary bottom 6

I will also go with Boston but I think with Ovie back and Rask having ups and downs and I hope I am right, Boston in 7! please go 7!!!

Our whole line up is legit. The only thing that beats us is the heavy physical game. B's specialty. I really hope the caps beat out the Bs. I doubt it though.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched Caps/Bruins. The Caps won 2-1 on a lucky goal with 2 seconds left in the game. Of note, the Bruins entire top line did not play plus a couple other guys. Lots of call ups. Caps were missing Carlson, but Ovechkin was back.

B’s held their own. Best part was watching guys like Wilson and Hathaway complain about getting hit, especially after the **** they pull game after game. This is going to be a fun series.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched Caps/Bruins. The Caps won 2-1 on a lucky goal with 2 seconds left in the game. Of note, the Bruins entire top line did not play plus a couple other guys. Lots of call ups. Caps were missing Carlson, but Ovechkin was back.

B’s held their own. Best part was watching guys like Wilson and Hathaway complain about getting hit, especially after the **** they pull game after game. This is going to be a fun series.

The refs sure shut down that pattycake session wilson had. It wasn't even close to a fight, and they both got 10 minutes majors. It seems like the league was saying "Don't hurt tommyboy wilson now. We need him for playoff ratings." So lame. The whole hockey fanbase wants him injured, except the losers in DC. I hope the Bs and caps fight like ninjas every game. Bodies on the ice would be nice in that matchup.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The refs sure shut down that pattycake session wilson had. It wasn't even close to a fight, and they both got 10 minutes majors. It seems like the league was saying "Don't hurt tommyboy wilson now. We need him for playoff ratings." So lame. The whole hockey fanbase wants him injured, except the losers in DC. I hope the Bs and caps fight like ninjas every game. Bodies on the ice would be nice in that matchup.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pens in 6
Bruins in 5 - physical.

Pens have the isles on paper. Play smart and shoot the ******* puck instead of that globe trotter passing and the Pens can dominate the series. Their speed is a lot better than the isles

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Pens in 6
Bruins in 5 - physical.

Pens have the isles on paper. Play smart and shoot the ******* puck instead of that globe trotter passing and the Pens can dominate the series. Their speed is a lot better than the isles
That's what has me worried. The only team that can beat the Pens is the Pens.

If they keep it simple, play hard on the forecheck, stay out of the box, the O helps out on D and they don't turn the puck over by Globetrotting, they can go a long way. Maybe all the way.

Pens in 4

The Caps suck.. They had a good run midway through the season and coasted ever since.
Bruins in 4

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Just read that DeSmith left practice early today with a lower body injury. So the Pens were fully healthy for a day.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Turns out my son's wife has a brother at a small college in Pittsburgh, who graduated today. So, he's staying until Sunday and got tickets to the game. So excited for him!

Reactions: JMM