• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Watching Caps/Flyers and 8 for Caps took 4 shots in 20 seconds and scored on a cheapy. Flyers tie by shooting again and deflections for goals. Crazy thought

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Watching Caps/Flyers and 8 for Caps took 4 shots in 20 seconds and scored on a cheapy. Flyers tie by shooting again and deflections for goals. Crazy thought

That's how teams score against us. Jarry simply doesn't control the puck (like MAF was famous for), and rebounds are his undoing. I hope he gets back to his form.

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
9 goals and only 2 great laser shots. Everyone else a result of SHOOTING THE ******* PUCK. Hope they scout and watch their competition!

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta love Hextall!!

Burke? His Loafs, Flames and Canucks didn't do much....

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Sitting here watching Bruins @ Rangers, and man, the Rangers have a ton of team speed. Lines 1-4 are all ridiculously fast. If not for Rask, this is a blowout. I miss when the Pens could run teams up and down the ice with their speed. Seems like a lifetime ago. Sigh.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I feel bad for Malkin. Guy is just having a rough year. First touch tonight, he turned it over. Whatever is going on with him, I hope he gets it straight.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm feeling sorry for our goalies coach.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at some of the issues this year - PP, PK, penalty minutes, low SOGs - does anyone else wonder if the new GM will be thinking about a coaching change?

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Holy ****. Meats and Errey tacking about how dominant the Crosby line has been, blah blah and they immediately turn it over and give up a goal. Cripes.

Reactions: JMM

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at some of the issues this year - PP, PK, penalty minutes, low SOGs - does anyone else wonder if the new GM will be thinking about a coaching change?

I think it’s possible. That said, they have had a lot of time off, supposedly practicing the PP, PK and such. They’ve had a couple coaches work on this stuff. It’s been bad for a while. At some point you have to look at the players.

It does seem like things have gotten stale though. Something is wrong. This team is too talented to be this consistently bad.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Friggin' Geno!!! 18 seconds left to tie it up!!!!

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The last minute of OT was emblematic of the Penguins. Skate around, maintain possession, pass, pass, pass and never get a shot off.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The last minute of OT was emblematic of the Penguins. Skate around, maintain possession, pass, pass, pass and never get a shot off.

Agreed. It's so lame.

Geno had an amazing game. Only one or two turn overs, a very crucial goal, taking the puck from the Islanders, it was pretty.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got over the Isles road block.
I didn’t get to watch. Been busy at work of late.

How was the team looking overall? Still seems they have a lot of sloppy play

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

I think Hextall will communicate and work with Sullivan before pulling the trigger.
Hextall is a pretty high hockey iq guy. He thinks in terms of the future, but if he wants to bank in on a Crosby/Malkin/Letang cup push.
I can see a work on some weaknesses.

Time will tell

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got over the Isles road block.
I didn’t get to watch. Been busy at work of late.

How was the team looking overall? Still seems they have a lot of sloppy play

They looked good. Fast skates, good SOG numbers, only one pp and one pk, good amount of time in the offensive zone. Our special teams are very bad. Our goalie didn't ink his HOF bid tonight, either.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
They looked good. Fast skates, good SOG numbers, only one pp and one pk, good amount of time in the offensive zone. Our special teams are very bad. Our goalie didn't ink his HOF bid tonight, either.

Good amount of time in the offensive zone and fast skates sounds encouraging

SteelerinMD

Forefather
Reaction score
Veteran goalie is a must. These two won’t ever be able to steal a game. Gotta score 4 to win with current net minders! Rinne? Don’t think MAF could be had at this point. He is playing well

Hoping to see 58 and 71 moved soon. Really really hoping. If it had to be only 1? See ya turnover tanger; I would deal with the Lazy Russian, can still score when he feels like playing