• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
This might be the best series in the entire playoffs. NYI was the better team tonight and pretty much neutralized the Bs tonight with their stifling defense.

You don't need to score a ton, just one more than the other team is all that matters.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
This NY/Boston series is super tight. It can go either way. I'd rather it go to NY.

Vegas in a must win this evening. The only horse I'm lukewarm pulling for in the race.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Playoff hockey....

WIth the close checking, lockdown in neutral zone, physicality all over the ice, and defense first mentality....
Its 90% about good goaltending play...

If you don't have that "horse"......,no sense showing up at the race...

str8liner

Reaction score
Playoff hockey....

WIth the close checking, lockdown in neutral zone, physicality all over the ice, and defense first mentality....
Its 90% about good goaltending play...

If you don't have that "horse"......,no sense showing up at the race...

Yep Rask was on it last night and then lady luck took over.

There is a certain amount of luck in the playoffs and the Isle's have a boatload of it. I still think if they manage to get by the B's, then either the Bolts or the Ave's will take care of them.

That Colorado team looks a lot like the Pens did id 16 and 17.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I read where Geno had knee surgery.

That shot he took from Tinordi must have really shook some things loose. I thought he hit him high. Must have gotten his knee pinned at some point.

str8liner

Reaction score
I read where Geno had knee surgery.

That shot he took from Tinordi must have really shook some things loose. I thought he hit him high. Must have gotten his knee pinned at some point.
Good. We need healthy Geno back, not 15 games and on the IR Geno next year.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I like to pull for the Jets. They are just snakebit, so I hope that underdog gets the bone once. They simply met a wall in the Habs. No way the win this series, and they may get swept.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Vegas looks pretty deep.
They neutralized the Avs speed and forced them into a physical game. Reaves and McNabb slowed the game down for the top lines. That Karlsson line looks good

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Vegas found their mojo for sure

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I like to pull for the Jets. They are just snakebit, so I hope that underdog gets the bone once. They simply met a wall in the Habs. No way the win this series, and they may get swept.
I’m pulling for the winner of the Avs/Knights.
The isles have a good defensive system. I’d honestly like to see them go far

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Vegas looks pretty deep.
They neutralized the Avs speed and forced them into a physical game. Reaves and McNabb slowed the game down for the top lines. That Karlsson line looks good

hmmm I remember some guy we gave away a few years back.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
hmmm I remember some guy we gave away a few years back.

This will go down in history on the same level as not drafting Marino. Letting LV have MAF was the right move. Who knew Murray would fall off the cliff?

Sucks. We'll be OK.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
This will go down in history on the same level as not drafting Marino. Letting LV have MAF was the right move. Who knew Murray would fall off the cliff?

Sucks. We'll be OK.

I meant Reaves as well.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The Isles are giving the Bs a good series. They look to be getting stronger. Same thing with Vegas. They have Colorado on the ropes. Max Pacioretty and Mark Stone's line is on fire.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Isles are giving the Bs a good series. They look to be getting stronger. Same thing with Vegas. They have Colorado on the ropes. Max Pacioretty and Mark Stone's line is on fire.
The Islanders are starting to look pretty good. I thought they got outplayed for much of the series against the Pens and that has not been the case against the Bruins. Impressive turnaround from Vegas too. People were talking about Colorado going 16-0 in the playoffs.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking forward to watching the Bs get knocked out on Wednesday!

Last edited:

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Friggin' Jets. Not sure why, but I always pull for them when we are out. They just can't win. It's lame.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
40% seems a bit high. The Ises will hit the Bs, but they will hit back. Plus, they have Rask, not Jarry. If NYI wins more than one game, I'd be surprised.
So I'm guessing you are surprised. The 4th win is the toughest and this series is far from over but the Islanders are every bit as good as the Bruins and one of the 4 or 5 elite teams in the NHL.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
So I'm guessing you are surprised. The 4th win is the toughest and this series is far from over but the Islanders are every bit as good as the Bruins and one of the 4 or 5 elite teams in the NHL.
I am, actually, i didn't think the Islanders would play as well as they are. I didn't see Rask being chased at home in a pivotal Game 5.