• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow that took a couple days off my life. Two great periods followed by ****. They have to find away to not just collapse and play defense with the lead. Very fortunate.
Welcome to playoff hockey lol.
Speaking from my 2009 and 2016 days. Pace yourself on alcohol. The slight buzz kept me in an optimistic phase. The full blown drunk had me turn into a couch goalie and yelling obscenities at the tv that would make a staten island italian proud

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
This final 4 is tight. Nobody is standing out head and shoulders above anyone.

Now it's getting close to must win time. I can see NY vs Montreal for the cup, but can also see Tampa vs Vegas just the same.

I'd like to see Vegas vs NY. That would be optimal for me.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hoping for Habs/NYI, but a good series is all I really want.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m hoping for a Vegas/NY finals.
Screw canadian teams. USA ;)
Sorry Tampa, like your organization but the back to back crown needs to remain to the Pens

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I am hearing rumors that MAF will not start tonight. Not sure that is the best play by the coach.

Vader

Reaction score
I am hearing rumors that MAF will not start tonight. Not sure that is the best play by the coach.
Sounds like a sure way to lose a game. MAF really screwed up but he's the best goalie on the team. Unless he is hurt you have to go with your #1 goalie.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't sleep on Montreal. There isn't a single super star on that team, and they keep finding a way.

The Islanders are the dirtiest team in the playoffs. Never seen one team commit so many penalties yet rarely get called. I get that in the playoffs, the refs put the whistles away for the most part, which to me is retarded, but some of the stuff they let go vs. what they call is beyond the pale. For example, the other night, Tampa had a PP, gained the zone and the Isles cleared. Tampa rushed back up the ice, and Johnson was coming down the LW with speed and was in the process of blowing past the defender with ease, was blatantly tripped in front of the ref and no call. I mean, it was bad. They were the only two players in the zone at the time, so no way the ref was watching anything else. It would have given TB a 5-3 PP. Tampa scored a few seconds later anyway, but that was just terrible. I hate the Bruins and Cassidy, but the guy wasn't wrong. The Isles get away with everything BUT murder. I hope they reach the final and have their hearts ripped out in overtime in every game of a four game sweep. Playoff hockey is fun, but the Isles and the straight goon **** is ruining it for me.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Going with Vegas because of Fluery but Carey Price has been the star in this series

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Don't sleep on Montreal. There isn't a single super star on that team, and they keep finding a way.

The Islanders are the dirtiest team in the playoffs. Never seen one team commit so many penalties yet rarely get called. I get that in the playoffs, the refs put the whistles away for the most part, which to me is retarded, but some of the stuff they let go vs. what they call is beyond the pale. For example, the other night, Tampa had a PP, gained the zone and the Isles cleared. Tampa rushed back up the ice, and Johnson was coming down the LW with speed and was in the process of blowing past the defender with ease, was blatantly tripped in front of the ref and no call. I mean, it was bad. They were the only two players in the zone at the time, so no way the ref was watching anything else. It would have given TB a 5-3 PP. Tampa scored a few seconds later anyway, but that was just terrible. I hate the Bruins and Cassidy, but the guy wasn't wrong. The Isles get away with everything BUT murder. I hope they reach the final and have their hearts ripped out in overtime in every game of a four game sweep. Playoff hockey is fun, but the Isles and the straight goon **** is ruining it for me.
It's like watching the Caps minus Ovechkin. Funny as hell to listen to the crowd in NY. One of their guys gets checked and you'd think he got his knee cap smashed by a tire iron. 😆

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
So I'm watching the Canadian feed and it's pretty entertaining. I learned Canada is is going to be celebrating all the indigenous people and their diversity.... Correct me if I'm wrong but they're all pretty much dead at this point, right? They also probably don't smell too good. I'm not sure that's a good idea and would probably scare the hell out of the kids....

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
How the hell did that puck make it in? Had a feeling Vegas was going to find a way to even it up. Not sure they have two goals in them the way Price is playing.
Just straight luck. That's why they shoot. Please let the Pens get this notice.

Reactions: JMM

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
How the hell did that puck make it in? Had a feeling Vegas was going to find a way to even it up. Not sure they have two goals in them the way Price is playing.
Price is a HOF goalie, but he does struggle a lot with traffic in front. Look up highlights of Sid vs Price. Sid will hover around the net. You cannot snipe or shoot around the perimeter on Price. He see’s everything.

Reactions: JMM