• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Montreal trying to send this series back to Florida for game 5.
At least for Tampa they would be able to celebrate with their family.
Canada does not allow family from USA to attend the games.smh

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Hory ****! Montreal kills off near 3 minutes to start off OT.

let’s go you canucksters! Tampa got a little too cocky

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Good on them! Three more to go. Tampa needs to close it out at home,which is a 10 times better scenario for the fans and team.

I wish the Pens could have closed it out at home just 1 time. Always in hostile territory.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Good on them! Three more to go. Tampa needs to close it out at home,which is a 10 times better scenario for the fans and team.

I wish the Pens could have closed it out at home just 1 time. Always in hostile territory.
I wish the Pens could close it out at home too. The fans in Pit would go crazy seeing that ceremony in PPG.

Steelmann

Reaction score
They are showing a 1974 game 6/ Boston vs Flyers in Philadelphia. What a game. Bobby Orr does not seem to leave the ice. Commentators said he was on 17 of the 20 minutes in the second period.
Flyers win 1-0 to win the cup. Bernie Parent is unreal in this game. Esposito,Bobby Clarke,Terry Oriely.....the lineups are just stacked. What a game.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
This lady singing the National Anthem is really not good. She misses notes, drops tempo, etc. Why do these places have such lousy singers for something so significant?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
This lady singing the National Anthem is really not good. She misses notes, drops tempo, etc. Why do these places have such lousy singers for something so significant?
For real

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Tampa went back to back.
Guess we gotta threepeat before Sid retires

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
End of an great regular season, and a disappointing post season.

Congrats TB.

Let's keep this thread open until after the Kraken expansion draft. I think a lot is going to happen there. It would be good to exchange thoughts.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I think it said she's a former Air Force technical sergeant. She does a good job. She's no Jeff Jimerson, but pretty good nonetheless.

Congrats to the Bolts! Heck of a team!

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
End of an great regular season, and a disappointing post season.

Congrats TB.

Let's keep this thread open until after the Kraken expansion draft. I think a lot is going to happen there. It would be good to exchange thoughts.
Lets do it

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry PC...I was pulling for MTL but TBL was not going to be denied. Will be interesting to see how both teams do next season.
Yeah, same here. TBL is going to look a lot different. They are currently sitting $14-$18 million over the cap, and they have players that need re-signed. They are going to lose 2-3 key players at a minimum. What they replace them with will tell the tale.

MTL should be able to add players. They have a couple passengers that they could move. MTL should improve, but they need guys that can score consistently. They don't have many of those. They can make leaps by adding the RIGHT players, not necessarily the best players available. It'll be interesting to watch for sure.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
They can make leaps by adding the RIGHT players, not necessarily the best players available. It'll be interesting to watch for sure.

All I hear is Malkin for Price, sounds RIGHT to me at least! Lol

I expect a trade or 3. Who they protect from kraken will be interesting

gonna be some big name free agents real soon

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The Pens need a goalie. Malkin gets traded every off-season it seems. I think all of the guys who are in their middle 30,s should be hitting it hard this off-season. All of the guys who get pushed around should hit it too.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens need a goalie. Malkin gets traded every off-season it seems. I think all of the guys who are in their middle 30,s should be hitting it hard this off-season. All of the guys who get pushed around should hit it too.
I think they need a solid dman like Seth Jones or Rasmus Ristolainen.
A couple gritty blue liners and I think they’ll be fine.

And yes, I want them to be bit more bulkier. Sid is proof to not skip leg day. Dude has had some big legs throughout his career and it shows how hard he is to knock off the puck.

Now if Guentzel can hit the iron

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I think they need a solid dman like Seth Jones or Rasmus Ristolainen.
A couple gritty blue liners and I think they’ll be fine.

And yes, I want them to be bit more bulkier. Sid is proof to not skip leg day. Dude has had some big legs throughout his career and it shows how hard he is to knock off the puck.

Now if Guentzel can hit the iron
Jake and Blue looked like a couple of school kids out on the ice against the NYI. They had better get the hell into the gym or ship em off to the Northwest. I want Pen-g-u- wins who can actually be worth their salt in May and June.

Not this::

Last edited:

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Jake and Blue looked like a couple of school kids out on the ice against the NYI. They had better get the hell into the gym or ship em off to the Northwest. I want Pen-g-u- wins who can actually be worth their salt in May and June.

Not this::

That’s when we trade them both and tell said team “wanna help a hockey team down on it’s luck?”

• Haha
Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Tough call on when to cut ties. How the heck can you go from "pretty damn good" to "suck" in in a season? There has to be more to it.. Are the coaches putting him into a scenario that flat out doesn't work? I do recall him being snakebit as hell last year and you could tell he was "pressing" at times. Maybe he can find some chemistry on the 3rd line?

I hope McCaan doesn't get picked up. I'd much rather see Zucker go...

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I was never High on Zucker. I always felt he was soft on the puck, isn't especially fast, and doesn't score to the level of his contract. Too often, he is a passenger. You can let him go and plug in just about any average player and get the same production on a team like the Penguins. This isn't hard. It's hasn't worked out. Time to move on.