• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
5. Trade Malkin
6. Trade Letang
7. See Above #4
8. Fix the PP and shoot the ******* puck

They are watching too many Mighty Duck movies, Who is on the bench Bombay or Sullivan?

Good add-ons, but I don't see them trading either one of them. After watching the Sid video of his 1000th game, it seems like the Three-headed Monster is here for good and are a package deal. Oh, did I mention F Tom Wilson???!!!!

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought about dealing those guys...but the more I think about the more I dont think its the right thing to do..

Those 2 guys are the only two players on the team that have a bit of a mean streak in them...and we need that desperately on this team..

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Good add-ons, but I don't see them trading either one of them. After watching the Sid video of his 1000th game, it seems like the Three-headed Monster is here for good and are a package deal. Oh, did I mention F Tom Wilson???!!!!
The Tom Wilson factor, the Pens allow it to happen. The Pens are grown men too. I don’t care how big someone is, if that was me on the ice and I see someone one who has historically taken injury type of shots at my teammates. I’m becoming an on ice version of Jack Lambert. I’d be in Wilson’s face and cheap shotting the ****** back. The Pens are playing scared now anytime someone roughs them up.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone watching this shitshow? The Pens have played about 10 minutes of quality hockey tonight through two periods. Scored twice in a span of 26 seconds. Other than that, pedestrian is about the best I can do.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
They are being completely outplayed.

Sully has to step up.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Sully stepped up

Reactions: MTC

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
damn it Letang has been scoring a lot as of late. Sweet game winner in OT.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
MTC stepped down. I take credit for turning it off tied 3-3
Good job! They're winning most of these OT games and I believe all of the shootouts so far. Which means...take every game to OT..haha...

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good to see McCann back.
ZAR didnt take advantage on his time with the big boys....which is ok, because he is still good enough to be a valuable third line player..thats his lane..

I would play Jarry again today...

Letang is telling Hextall that he doesnt want to go anywhere....Malikin not so much..

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Good to see McCann back.
ZAR didnt take advantage on his time with the big boys....which is ok, because he is still good enough to be a valuable third line player..thats his lane..

I would play Jarry again today...

Letang is telling Hextall that he doesnt want to go anywhere....Malikin not so much..
Pretty sure DeSmith gets the net tonight.

We have only lost one OT game this year, and it was to the Bs. I really hate them.

Letang is not getting traded. Geno might be benched, though. Jk

str8liner

Reaction score
Pretty sure DeSmith gets the net tonight.

We have only lost one OT game this year, and it was to the Bs. I really hate them.

Letang is not getting traded. Geno might be benched, though. Jk

It sucks having to split points like they have been doing....That might come back to bite them in the azz down the stretch with whoever they are battling for a playoff spot. That being said they are so good at 4 on 4 in OT you just set there and wait for it to happen....

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
with you guys having Burke i would be scared if he is shopping Malkin a guy like burke will trade him for less value and bad contracts.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
That 2nd period PP was keystone cops type ****. Malkin had 3 turnovers in less than a minute, one of which led to a great short handed chance. Isles are making the Pens look foolish to this point. Hopefully they find some magic in the 3rd.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Tanevmanian Devil

The one player other than 87 who has a presence on the ice. The kid is good and I hope the Pens can hang onto him. If history is a guide, he'll be traded for a has been and a prospect to be named later. Pens are barely a rung above the Pirates at this stage,,,that said, pretty much equivalent with the present day Steelers, who also suck..

Last edited:

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
This team definitely needs an enforcer who can actually produce. I'll probably be tarred and feathered for this, but I don't give a ****, I'd trade Malkin and Letang for Tom Wilson any day of the week.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens mental capacity hurts them more than any. Malkin and Letang make mistakes that end up costly in games.

And yes they need to a productive enforcer

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
This team definitely needs an enforcer who can actually produce. I'll probably be tarred and feathered for this, but I don't give a ****, I'd trade Malkin and Letang for Tom Wilson any day of the week.
Pens could have had him in the 2012 draft. They selected Derrick Pouliot 8th instead. That pick certainly paid off. Wilson was probably to big, fast, skilled and aggressive for the Pens finesse system.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I was traveling so couldn't watch. Good

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I missed it. I did see how many goals we scored a big 0.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
wasn't their night. NYI came to play and shut everything down. Reminded me of the 4-1 loss to the Caps. The Ises were not losing. Again, too many penalties given up that cost them the game. CDS kept them in it and suprisingly enough, they were only one shot from turning it around, but it was Lock It Down for the Islanders. They played a good game.

str8liner

Reaction score
They looked tired last night.....That game was almost a guaranteed loss just like the Caps loss the other week...

You beat a good team too many times in a row and they are going to pushback hard...

They had plenty of chances to win it even with the way the Isles played I thought.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I was reading this morning that the Ducks are about to have a fire sale and that the Pens are apparently interested in Silfverberg and Rickell. I think both would be decent additions, but who do you give up? There is literally nothing in the minors, GMJR traded our 1st pick, and trading guys like Letang or Malkin should bring a much larger haul than Silfverberg or Rickell.

I would love to see the Pens make some moves and improve, but unless they have a couple blockbusters in mind, I can't see them moving Rust, Kapanen, Guentzel or anyone like that. The more I think about it, I think that unless Letang, Malkin or both get moved, this team will pretty much remain in tact for the remainder of the season. If that's the case, I'm not sure they make the playoffs. I read that 10 of their 11 wins are of the come from behind variety, and if that is true, I don't see that as a formula for success. Division is stacked, and the Pens are still in the thick of it, but they are going to "lose the draft" at some point and just fall too far behind to catch up.

Should be interesting leading up to the trade deadline. Who knows, maybe this team will get it together and start playing great hockey. Hoping so.