• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
On the bright side....

I believe most of games they have played this season have come against the top tier teams in the division..
Boston-Philly-Islanders -Caps...

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
On the bright side....

I believe most of games they have played this season have come against the top tier teams in the division..
Boston-Philly-Islanders -Caps...
This is true. Nothing against NJ or Buffalo to this point. Hopefully pick up a good number of wins there. It would help. A lot. Three in a row against Philly starting today. Would love to get two of those. Philly is on a roll right now.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Again, not a hockey player nor an expert, but it seems this year's team turns the puck over a lot. Lazy passes. Wonky passes that can't be controlled. They get poke checked a lot. Lacking fundamentals at times. Yes? No?

Also, I have watched the power play. A lot of times, it seems the Pens just skate around/pass the puck around , and it's random, and no shots. But the times Letang is at the point he passes back and forth to the wings and puts it on guys' sticks and the shots seem better ... just looks better all around. Seems more controlled.

Tanger just directed a great PP goal. Just my $.02.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
That was one of the most complete games they have played all year. And it's against the Flyers. Very significant.

Jarry with a .952 tonight.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
So, Sid is the weak link. . . I kid, I kid.

From what saw/heard, they opened it up in the 2nd and 3rd. A few minor hiccups that didn't do much damage. Really nice pushback after Philly made it 3-2. New Dman got a point on Cici's goal. So nice seeing fans in the stands. The players certainly responded. Quality win without the Kid.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
A win vs the flyers at home is always great. Jarry really did a great job. It has to be nice actually having some fans in the stands. Nice win! 8-1 at home this year so far. Let's keep that trend going.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The funny thing with the Pens, and not just this year, is that they always seem to step up when either Crosby, Malkin or both are out. It's like they are a different team in a different gear when they are missing those guys. This is just my opinion, but at times I feel like they give far too much deference to Sid and Geno when those guys are on the ice when a lot of these guys are talented enough to not worry about that stuff. Last night was the best game I have seen them play this year. They looked relaxed, rested and fast. When they went down 1-0, I was like "oh ****, here it comes" but they responded well. Only a 10 bell save from Hart kept Kapanen from a HT. Fun game to watch. See what they do tomorrow night. Hope they can keep it rolling.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The funny thing with the Pens, and not just this year, is that they always seem to step up when either Crosby, Malkin or both are out. It's like they are a different team in a different gear when they are missing those guys. This is just my opinion, but at times I feel like they give far too much deference to Sid and Geno when those guys are on the ice when a lot of these guys are talented enough to not worry about that stuff. Last night was the best game I have seen them play this year. They looked relaxed, rested and fast. When they went down 1-0, I was like "oh ****, here it comes" but they responded well. Only a 10 bell save from Hart kept Kapanen from a HT. Fun game to watch. See what they do tomorrow night. Hope they can keep it rolling.
you nailed it, Sarge. They are too dependent on Sid and Geno. Last year, when Sid was out for two months, they looked fast and aggressive and he came back, they were not the same team. I would never trade Sid, but the difference is undeniable. I was really impressed with them last night going down 1-0 and then when Philly made it 3-2. They kept coming. Man, I wanted KK to get the HT and he almost got it. Nice save by Hart.
I hope Sid is fine, but the rest for him is not a bad thing. He's a machine that doesn't stop working. They just proved they can keep the ship sailing without the Big Guy for a handful of games.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Less than four minutes into the game and we are up 3-0, o. Three SOGs.

They better not go into a prevent mode.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well that was a good start,although we did give up a powerplay goal before the end of the period.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
That was pitiful. They have to make a couple moves, I just don’t know what they can do without moving a “name.”

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Shameful. Bush league. Absolute garbage. In our chat I called the loss with about 15 mins left in the third period. The flyers had that game. Sully better find a way. They looked like the Bengals.