• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

Good work DJ! Now that this thread is over 30 pages and includes a Python skit, it can now be considered complete and has been granted the SN Old School Black and Gold Seal of Approval.

iu

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Jonesing for that game tonight. I'm going through withdrawls because of this long break. Is there a vaccine for that?

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
I think I heard Tanev will most likely not make it back until later in the playoffs if at all. Kap is skating and said to be 10 - 12 days, while lazy russian thought to be ready by playoffs. Love the Carter trade; Carter I feel is a great presence and leader. He will probably start on the 3rd line with Blue and ZAR and allow McCann with Rust and Zuck to stay on 2nd line for now. He will bring a net presence also on the PP and could replace the lazy russian for now. His leadership i think in the locker room will be huge, been a Captain and won 2 cups. Sid is a leader on and off, however Turnover Tanger and lazy russian don't see to carry that same kind of clout. He will be a pleasant surprise and don't forget back in the day Carter would drop the gloves and plays with an edge. We shall see if that is still there now but I trust Hextall to know that the team chemistry is a must and he was said to talk extensively with Carter and he was on board! Starts with a game that should be won by the Pens. They are playing the bottom 4 teams for the most part in April.

To finish: 14 Games - 10 vs bottom and have to win 8 to IMO. Split with Boston and Caps. Interesting though for 1st round of playoffs. 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. Pens struggle with Boston and even pretty much with Caps and have won the most vs Isles.... Match ups could be huge!

Buffalo - 4
Caps - 2
Boston - 2
Devils - 3
Philly - 3 counting tonight

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pens lose this one. They look disjointed at this point, like a team that’s had a few days off. Took them 15 minutes to get a shot on goal, short handed no less, and their first PP was a travesty. Second PP coming up. Let’s hope they get going and bury one here.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
3-5 SOGs, them

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going on record here - The Carter trade was genius.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Jeff Carter has already done more for the Pens this game than Marleau did for however long he was a Penguin.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Jeff Carter has already done more for the Pens this game than Marleau did for however long he was a Penguin.

He's really hungry for a goal.

Reactions: JMM

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess if you put the entire team in the net, the other team can't score.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I want to chime in. Yes that Crosby goal was sweet.

And yes! Jeff Carter still has some hockey in him.
His play will make a difference come playoff time.

The guy is a versatile hockey player

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
On the bright side, the Pens got a point and both the Caps and Islanders lost. On the down side, Boston won.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Darn. Just darn. Man. We needed two points. Dang it.

And I hate Boston

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I knew we were done when my wife said she wanted to watch the game. I initially thought hey great! What did she do? She sat down here and looked at her phone all 🦆ing night. She cursed us no doubt.

Yep,,,, time to go to the 7-11 and get a shitload of lighters.

Tell you what....What!

The announcers were all over Carter. Yeah I think he'll contribute but for Allah's sake he's not the second coming of Wayne Gretzky.

Last edited:

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh we got a point. When Carter Hart shut down the Reese/Rodrigues 2 on 1 I knew it wasn’t our night

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Jarry should be fined for betting Hart the sports car thing. He needs no motivation to play great against us. Yet another team that is sucking, comes and beats us. Sucks. Like the Bs.

Reactions: JMM