• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Yeah Boston is gone. Thanks NY. Now it's your turn to go poof.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Yeah Boston is gone. Thanks NY. Now it's your turn to go poof.
Lol. It seems a lot of people really hate the Islanders. I guess I don’t get it as much being a Vancouver fan,different conference,different rivalries. But while of course the cup is the ultimate goal, the Isles have beaten 2 great teams in the Pens & Bruins. Tough stuff. And have looked great doing it. I am jealous.
Not exactly poof-ters.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Lol. It seems a lot of people really hate the Islanders. I guess I don’t get it as much being a Vancouver fan,different conference,different rivalries. But while of course the cup is the ultimate goal, the Isles have beaten 2 great teams in the Pens & Bruins. Tough stuff. And have looked great doing it. I am jealous.
Not exactly poof-ters.
Not an Islanders hater. They are playing a great brand of hockey that is difficult to play against. All of their guys hit and are in the right position. I am very interested in how they handle TB. Gonna be another fun series to watch.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Not exactly poof-ters.

I hate everyone equally...haha. I have different tiers. Boston,Washington, Philly are all tier 1. Anyone playing the Pens is tier 1 for that day.

I don't hate Vegas, unless they play the Pens. It's a Fleury thing.

The Avs I don't hate them much either...haha

The bottom line is after the Pens are gone I really don't care that much. It's just something for self entertainment.

The same goes for the Steelers. Which in reality I don't even like what the NFL game has become. I only watch because of Pittsburgh.

The NHL, I do appreciate good hockey a little more. I'd rather they stick to the ******* rules in the playoffs when calling ****. That's probably the only thing that has irked me with them in the past.

Just have one standard of officiating.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I hate everyone equally...haha. I have different tiers. Boston,Washington, Philly are all tier 1. Anyone playing the Pens is tier 1 for that day.

I don't hate Vegas, unless they play the Pens. It's a Fleury thing.

The Avs I don't hate them much either...haha

The bottom line is after the Pens are gone I really don't care that much. It's just something for self entertainment.

The same goes for the Steelers. Which in reality I don't even like what the NFL game has become. I only watch because of Pittsburgh.

The NHL, I do appreciate good hockey a little more. I'd rather they stick to the ******* rules in the playoffs when calling ****. That's probably the only thing that has irked me with them in the past.

Just have one standard of officiating.

I do agree with this. In all sports, there are different levels of hate of teams. Glad Boston and Wash are gone, they are up there with Philly. The only other team I want elminated is TB. I don't hate them, but what they pulled is shady, even if it is within the rules.

The playoffs should have the same rules as the regualr season. Calling a game consistently shouldn't be too hard for paid professional refs. Not going to whine about officating though. It usually evens out in the end, somehow, which is weird.

str8liner

Reaction score
So what is the whine tonight. The Islanders were too beastly and ruffian again for you. I will tell you when this series ****** dumped on Boston's head. When some Jagoff called a line on their team the perfection line. You are just asking to get out worked and out physically played with a name like that. Then when Cassidy had his 25k cry on TV they were really ******. Str8liner I think you should apply to the Bruins. Sounds like you are management material. At least the Pens took it like men.
LOL so the two uncalled hits by Palmeri were ok through your lens right....

I have been watching them do that **** since Trotz showed up. He must have learned a few things from Wilson.

Don't you have an Islanders board to go celebrate on?

And JFYI I am no Bruins fan....Dont hang out on other teams message boards.... :rolleyes:

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I've got zero gripe against the Pens, I gave them full props. Looking at their deficiencies through a unbiased eye. YOU made it sound like the Islanders were gonna get rolled by the Bruins because they were so much bigger and stronger then the Pens. I said I don't think so. If you can't take a little smack talk on that its you who does not belong.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got zero gripe against the Pens, I gave them full props. Looking at their deficiencies through a unbiased eye. YOU made it sound like the Islanders were gonna get rolled by the Bruins because they were so much bigger and stronger then the Pens. I said I don't think so. If you can't take a little smack talk on that its you who does not belong.
I thought the Bruins were going to have success in front of the net. Gotta give Trotz his props on this one, the guy is running a tight defensive system.

I want anybody other than Tampa. I want the Pens to hold the back to back title for a while longer

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I thought the Bruins were going to have success in front of the net. Gotta give Trotz his props on this one, the guy is running a tight defensive system.

I want anybody other than Tampa. I want the Pens to hold the back to back title for a while longer
Really shows you how difficult a Stanley Cup is. Pens win a tough division. Bruins were the Playoff favorite and now you play the defending champion. Pretty tough championship to win..

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well obviously Vegas is better than I thought. 6 goals on just 23 total shots.

34 blocked shots. That's going to leave a mark.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Really shows you how difficult a Stanley Cup is. Pens win a tough division. Bruins were the Playoff favorite and now you play the defending champion. Pretty tough championship to win..

It certainly is. Whomever wins it deserves it, that's for sure.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
anyone but TB is my mantra. Go Isles!

Vegas/Habs is gonna be a weird series. My head say Vegas should stomp them, but I did pick the Bs to roll, so what the hell do I know? The playoffs have an ebb and flow to them and all it takes is one team to get and remain hot. Vegas and the Isles seem to be there, but so is TB and Montreal.
The Pens B2B makes it that much sweeter. Those Cups still are amazing to me. I'm just content watching good hockey as the hockey gods were really good to us Pens fans.
Gotta pull for NYI. Their fans have been through a lot and it's been a long time for them. Also, I hope it continues to piss off Caps fans seeing Trotz behind that bench- winning.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Having lived in florida for 35 years, I'm still rather shocked we have 2 NHL teams down here. I really have never paid any mind to the Panthers or Lightning. They do provide me with an opportunity to go see the Pens play here several times a year if I want to make the trip. Tampa is a 4 hour drive for me. I'd rather have wild boars chew off my leg than drive down I-4 into Tampa.

I'm pulling for Vegas overall. I'm in the anybody but Montreal wagon when it comes down to it.

The singing of the national anthem by the NY fans gave me some hope the other day. Big props to them.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
It’s a physical game, best of 7 series. Takes a special team to go through all that a champion

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Seeing so many of those guys that are not here anymore kinda sucks. Maata, Cole, Horny, Schultz, Sheary, Hags, Phil. . . damn what a team! Miss "Dad" and Bonino, too. Sweet memories.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Thought the Isles did pretty well taking away Tampa’s speed. NYI is a solid team

I feel a lot better about the Pens. I don’t think we go very far with Malkin’s knee.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Thought the Isles did pretty well taking away Tampa’s speed. NYI is a solid team

I feel a lot better about the Pens. I don’t think we go very far with Malkin’s knee.
Started the smoker Ribs at 8am. My brother and nephew (at least as big of Islanders fans as me) came over Caesers, beers, Rye and coke for 5 hours. Not quite a Steelers playoff win (cause nothing in sports is). But next best thing. Go Isles!!!!!

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Started the smoker Ribs at 8am. My brother and nephew (at least as big of Islanders fans as me) came over Caesers, beers, Rye and coke for 5 hours. Not quite a Steelers playoff win (cause nothing in sports is). But next best thing. Go Isles!!!!!
Enjoy. We had frozen pizza and worked in the yard. Picked about 6 ticks off. Can't stand those things.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
A little too late for TB to come back. The Islanders played a strong game for 55 minutes. Game 2, I expect TB to come out banging. The Isles need to fend off the barrage that will be coming in that first period. A 2-0 lead going back to Long Island would be sweet.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m a hockey guy first, so the Pens winning the cup is as big as it gets for me. Honestly if my Dawgs can win a national championship I’ll die a happy man.

Enjoy the win, the Isles are a tough and impressive team. I’m happy to know the Pens played them tough. I hope it’s you guys and Vegas in the final.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It would feel a lot better if the NYI go on. Losing to a finalist makes more sense.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I’m a hockey guy first, so the Pens winning the cup is as big as it gets for me. Honestly if my Dawgs can win a national championship I’ll die a happy man.

Enjoy the win, the Isles are a tough and impressive team. I’m happy to know the Pens played them tough. I hope it’s you guys and Vegas in the final.
Thanks. It was a lot of fun. Nothing compares to the Steelers to me. I started buying Centre Ice about three years ago. I'm able to watch any game I want. Shortens a long Western Canada winter if the Isles are playing well. Might make the trip to see a couple home games in the new arena in the next couple years.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Great game, it will be interesting to see how TB responds. The Isles did what they do, control the boards, hit bodies, and play a high pressure game. IF TB wants to win this, they really need to sharpen up their passes and get more shots on net. You cant hold the puck against this team.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Great game, it will be interesting to see how TB responds. The Isles did what they do, control the boards, hit bodies, and play a high pressure game. IF TB wants to win this, they really need to sharpen up their passes and get more shots on net. You cant hold the puck against this team.
Ver good insight