• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Good signing I guess. Does this mean they protect him now? Does this mean they expose Tanev or McCann?

Gonna be interesting. Sid, Geno, Jake, Rust, Letang, Marino and Dumo are locks. That's 7. That leaves three and a goalie. Gonna be interesting to see who they protect and who they expose.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
All the local media seem to think the Pens will expose and lose McCann in the draft. I'm not sure I'd expose him over Blueger or Tanev.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
All the local media seem to think the Pens will expose and lose McCann in the draft. I'm not sure I'd expose him over Blueger or Tanev.
I would find a way to save Tanev and Blue. MCann is the lesser of the three, IMO. Tanev has a huge contract so he may be safe either way.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Can't say I'm overly excited. I definitely like this call when he scored a goal

but he disappeared during the playoffs. Maybe he was hurt, who knows but they'd better do what it takes to keep Tanev. That guy has a motor that won't quit and I'm going to be pissed if they picked Blue over Tanev.

Tanevmanian Devil pissed...

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Just saw this. Not sure how it impacts the expansion draft, as Hollinger has no NHL games.
It means the Penguins are going to lose McCann and another player rather than just exposing their replaceable 4th liners and losing one guy.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Damnit!!!! ******* hell!!! There goes one of my favorite calls, based off McClain...

What in the hell can you do with Filip Hallinder?

As if this day can get any worse.....Filip Hallinder??? **** you Mario! Ya old washed up piece of ****, Gretzky wannabe.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Struggling to understand protecting Matheson and not Marino.

Reactions: JMM

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Damnit!!!! ******* hell!!! There goes one of my favorite calls, based off McClain...

What in the hell can you do with Filip Hallinder?

As if this day can get any worse.....Filip Hallinder??? **** you Mario! Ya old washed up piece of ****, Gretzky wannabe.

Some folks are saying that it was known that McCann was going to be taken, so it was better to get something for him.

Reactions: JMM

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Some folks are saying that it was known that McCann was going to be taken, so it was better to get something for him.
What I don't understand is now the Penguins are losing McCann for virtually nothing AND another player for nothing...unless Seattle takes one of the players with a higher cap hit.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Good signing I guess. Does this mean they protect him now? Does this mean they expose Tanev or McCann?

Gonna be interesting. Sid, Geno, Jake, Rust, Letang, Marino and Dumo are locks. That's 7. That leaves three and a goalie. Gonna be interesting to see who they protect and who they expose.
As long as they don’t lose Tanev, I’ll be fine. I’m not too worried about the loss of McCann

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Did not protect Tanev but did Carter ... I do not understand that.
I’m going to guess center depth. Once you know your center man identity then you can plug in wingers to best suit their game. Sid is not fast but plays a very puck possession, type of game so it’s only natural you have playmakers like Guentzel and types like Hornqvist to compliment.

Same as Malkin. He’s a playmaker but is prone to lazy streaks so you have a more energetic winger like Rust or James Neal to counteract that.

I don’t expect Carter to drop off too much. He’s fast and is similar to Cullen. So now you have a good stretch of time until training camp to figure out what compliments his game.

pinkcookies26

Reaction score
Yeah but they were not gonna take Carter in Seattle, he"s old and I think he already made a statement about retiring if taken in Seattle. Tanev was the guy with the most energy and grit out there and he will be gone. I woulda been really pissed if I would of bought that jersey cause it was close! LOL!

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah but they were not gonna take Carter in Seattle, he"s old and I think he already made a statement about retiring if taken in Seattle. Tanev was the guy with the most energy and grit out there and he will be gone. I woulda been really pissed if I would of bought that jersey cause it was close! LOL!

I am hearing that his contract is too big for Seattle to want. I guess we'll see. He's an amazing part of this team, IMO.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
I also read a few places that Tanev should be safe due to his contract and rumor is ZAR will be the pick. Fingers crossed if not ZAR, it is Pettersson!!

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I also read a few places that Tanev should be safe due to his contract and rumor is ZAR will be the pick. Fingers crossed if not ZAR, it is Pettersson!!
That Tanev contract is pretty bad. I don't know how disappointed I'd be if Seattle took it off our hands. I've seen Zucker rumored because the expansion draft is relatively thin at the position. One potential problem of the Penguins losing a big contract player is Seattle is exploring taking Carey Price. That his a huge cap hit and may prevent them from taking other big money players.