• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Mike lange retired today… its one of the signs the true end of the legendary era of pens hockey… a few more years of Sid and geno and the rumor that after they leave Lemieux may sell high on the team and that is pretty much the end of the Super mario era where we enjoyed some of the greatest players, greatest coaches, greatest announcers, and a legendary owner/player

Lange was the best sports announcer in Pittsburgh sports history bar none… more colorful than Cope, sharper than virtually any play by play guy…

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Mike lange retired today… its one of the signs the true end of the legendary era of pens hockey… a few more years of Sid and geno and the rumor that after they leave Lemieux may sell high on the team and that is pretty much the end of the Super mario era where we enjoyed some of the greatest players, greatest coaches, greatest announcers, and a legendary owner/player

Lange was the best sports announcer in Pittsburgh sports history bar none… more colorful than Cope, sharper than virtually any play by play guy…

Well at least I got to watch many years of the good stuff.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
With regards to Mike Lange, I feel like my son said it best. Elvis has truly left the building this time.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Mike Lange, like Myron Cope...maybe even more so...IS Pittsburgh sports. He will surely be missed by this old cuss.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Grateful to have been able to listen to the games he called. The Pens would occasionally lay an egg but you could always count on Mike to call a good game. Hope to be able to hear him on the radio feed occasionally this year.

Ahhh buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too!

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
This is the quietest offseason I can ever remember for the penguins. Amazing they’re going back in to camp with the same team, well same team after expansion draft. except Crosby, he is out six weeks with wrist surgery

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
This is the quietest offseason I can ever remember for the penguins. Amazing they’re going back in to camp with the same team, well same team after expansion draft. except Crosby, he is out six weeks with wrist surgery
Sure will miss seeing Tanev creating havoc, but at least we have Simon back...:boink:

Probably time for a new thread.....I kicked off last year's. Someone else kick off the new one and see if you can bring us better luck...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure will miss seeing Tanev creating havoc, but at least we have Simon back...:boink:

Probably time for a new thread.....I kicked off last year's. Someone else kick off the new one and see if you can bring us better luck...
Starting off the season without Crosby and Malkin too