• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Love the way they are playing right now but the pessimist in me worries what will happen when the big 3 come back...We all seen this before.

If they keep rolling like this I would NOT be in a hurry to rush Sid and Geno back. Neither one of them can make it a season most likely without injuries so wait till later on so they are fresh for the stretch run into the playoffs.
Two thumbs up. Letang either...

str8liner

Reaction score
Agree. Also, only the Sid line need adjust to his leadership. The rest need to keep playing as they are. It may be time to put Sid and Geno on the same line, if nothing else, just to keep the chemistry of the other guys going.

Yes the team chemistry is so good right now I would not want to screw with it.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
According to the Pens site, Letang has Covid and is in the protocol. Guessing he'll be out tomorrow. Carter still has it.

Should be an interesting game tomorrow. I bet they try and play a more physical game against us and see if that shakes up the young Pens.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
This team is so different when the stars are out. I don't get it. I was expecting a big L, but they kicked the Leafs up and down the ice.

That netminder for the Leafs had something like a .958 or so coming into that game. We torched him.

str8liner

Reaction score
According to the Pens site, Letang has Covid and is in the protocol. Guessing he'll be out tomorrow. Carter still has it.

Should be an interesting game tomorrow. I bet they try and play a more physical game against us and see if that shakes up the young Pens.
Tampa is playing the Sabre's tonight so its going to be a back to back, so we have that going for us. Tampa so far seems to be in the "screw off the first half of the year" mode they are known for.

Reactions: JMM

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The Sabres smacked TB around last night. Probably not good for the Pens as the Lightning should be ticked off. Saying that, I can't tell which Pens or Lightning team will show up. Season is already weird and unpredictable.

Vader

Reaction score
To me the Pens have been remarkably consistent this year. I'm shocked they are playing this well with so many injuries to their top players. They are doing what it takes to compete every night. I can't complain about that.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
To me the Pens have been remarkably consistent this year. I'm shocked they are playing this well with so many injuries to their top players. They are doing what it takes to compete every night. I can't complain about that.
They have been a lot of fun to watch for the most part. That game last Tuesday was the exception. They seemed really flat for most of the game. JC went on Covid protocol just after, maybe he wasn't feeling well.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
I can’t believe the refs blew the whistle early on that shot and rebound.
Should have been a goal.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Love these scrappy games

We got ripped off

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I love how physical our guys are being. I hope we keep hitting them hard. Beat them at their own game.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Well this went to crap in a hurry.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
We need Crosby back now. Some faceoffs would be nice.

Keep playing. Still a lot of hockey left. But we definitely need those wtf goals right now

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pens are getting decent scoring chances, the puck luck is just not there. Keep firing away and see what happens.
Yep. This is one of those puck luck games.
Pens are moving on rushes damn solid.

The d men are a little too aggressive for my liking though. It helps to control the blue line when they do get aggressive but they are also giving tampa a breakaway chance at times.

Overall, the puck movement and play is solid

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. This is one of those puck luck games.
Pens are moving on rushes damn solid.

The d men are a little too aggressive for my liking though. It helps to control the blue line when they do get aggressive but they are also giving tampa a breakaway chance at times.

Overall, the puck movement and play is solid
Probably a good reality check game...

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Eh. Pens didn’t play bad by any means.
They just couldn’t score

I agree. Kappy's stick was a bit more sloppy than we are used to, but it was a good game.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep...TB played some pretty gritty D as well, clogged up the lanes, and kept our guys from camping out around the net. Pens were simply outmatched tonight.
Pens didn’t camp out but they had good zone entry good movement. TB played a tight defensive game, but you could tell the Pens speed gave them fits.

I think Jeff Carter would’ve made a difference.
Regardless the Pens looked better than the score indicates

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope he starts heating up soon. They could really use some production out of him.
He’s snake bitten scoring wise, I never realized how fast he is though. He flies around.

It was nice to Lafferty hold his own agains perry earlier. Perry is a dirty little weasel

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Pens didn’t camp out but they had good zone entry good movement. TB played a tight defensive game, but you could tell the Pens speed gave them fits.

I think Jeff Carter would’ve made a difference.
Regardless the Pens looked better than the score indicates
Can't win them all. It will be interesting to see how they respond on Thursday. I haven't been watching the other teams but Carolina is definitely on fire. 5-0 with the Caps just behind them.