• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It was a fun ending. Just too deep of a whole. Jake was a no show tonight. Carter and Letang were snake bit.

Worried about tomorrow. I hope Sid shows up and actually shoots the puck

Reactions: JMM

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens move the puck well, they just suck at shooting lol

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens move the puck well, they just suck at shooting lol
This is a real issue. Also, we don't protect the crease well. I know the rules have changed about hitting the offense out of your crease this year, but just standing there further blocks the goalie vision. They need to make something happen.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a real issue. Also, we don't protect the crease well. I know the rules have changed about hitting the offense out of your crease this year, but just standing there further blocks the goalie vision. They need to make something happen.
We do need to be aggressive in boxing out of the crease. I do think Jarry plays with D a lot better. DeSmith, granted he’s coming off oblique surgery. He just seems to struggle

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well,hopefully Sid gives them a spark. What's the status of Geno?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Well,hopefully Sid gives them a spark. What's the status of Geno?
Geno is not cleared to play yet, but skating with the team

Sid had better shoot tomorrow, and not just pass. We need his A game. Hate the caps.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
These guys just need to find that scoring touch. I’ll see you boys tomorrow

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Hadn't watched the Pens in a while, and now I wish I hadn't turned that game on. This team might be in trouble. Never a good sign getting housed by a bottom feeder that had to raid their AHL team just to play.

Maybe they can turn it around. Sid and Dumo will be back vs the Caps. Hopefully that helps some.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Hadn't watched the Pens in a while, and now I wish I hadn't turned that game on. This team might be in trouble. Never a good sign getting housed by a bottom feeder that had to raid their AHL team just to play.

Maybe they can turn it around. Sid and Dumo will be back vs the Caps. Hopefully that helps some.
I think they're a pretty average team even with with all barrels loaded but last night was flat out awful until they showed a spark at the end. Thinking it was a combination of a rusty below average backup goalie and maybe looking ahead to tonight's game.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I think they're a pretty average team even with with all barrels loaded but last night was flat out awful until they showed a spark at the end. Thinking it was a combination of a rusty below average backup goalie and maybe looking ahead to tonight's game.
It’s too early to gauge them right now. I think overall they move around just ok. They just cannot seem to score or pick bad spots to shoot.

If these habits persist come January and February then yes, hit the panic button and write them off as mediocre

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
It’s too early to gauge them right now. I think overall they move around just ok. They just cannot seem to score or pick bad spots to shoot.

If these habits persist come January and February then yes, hit the panic button and write them off as mediocre
I'll write them off now and there ain't a damn thing you can do to stop me. ;)

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I sleep fine. I have come to the conclusion that we're all doomed so that leaves for a lot of upside.

MTC, you do know that I'm 🦆 ing with you, right? I hope you know me by now. 🤣
Yeah, no hurt feelings JMM.

Joke around as much as needed. We need it more so than ever these days.

Me, I’ve turned into a more casual observer of late. Two kids, longer work hours for the better, and the back to back cup wins. Besides the outcome of the game is out of my control. I don’t get to worked up like years past