• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, you can stay

Reactions: JMM

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
How great would it be for Connor to get the hattie for the OT win!

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks....I'll just sit down at the end of the bar and not bother anyone.
If you meet a guy named Bob....... Nevermind

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
WHAT A GAME!!!!!!

A nine round shoot out!!

Reactions: JMM

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
You all are missing a very good preseason game right now. We have a really good second tier team, and it is showing.
I watched it. Espn+ carries the nhl this season.

Lol. Sullivan took a puck to the head. Was out for 10 minutes of the 3rd period and still came back to coach the the remainder.

And O’Conner is looking promising. Gotta give Kap some credit for seemingly take on a captain role today.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Anyone watch or listen to the game last night? The Pens came up short but I see where O Connor scored again and Simon actually scored unassisted.

Interesting take from Sullivan's PC before the game and him talking about the evolution of the game and the size of the players now and back in the 90s

Penguins Mobile: Game Day: Sullivan (10.07.21) http://yi.nzc.am/bu3wiC

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not looking like the Pens are going to win this one. Down 3-1 with 17 minutes to go.

Pens couldn't stay out of the box, too many turnovers, Jarry weak on the glove side, same old same old.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That was a wild finish. Pens went down 3-1 and didn't show much life. Then the Boyle line went out. He and Lafferty pushed their weight around, did a little scrapping and lit a fire. Next thing you know the games tied up.

Pens almost lost it during a 4 minute power play. Erod turned it over but Jarry bailed him out...The Pens then had what looked to be a goal but the ref waived it off because he was slacking, took his time to get in back of the goal and was not in a position to see the puck. Then Zucker got stupid and retaliated against the goalie when he got checked in the back. Off he went, 2 minutes to feel much shame....Back to even strength hockey... Totally blew a double minor.

We go to OT.. Columbus gives us a gift by putting too many men on the ice. Zucker redeems himself by doing the dirty work in front of the net and scored the game winning goal.

Pens win 4-3. Bring on the Lightning!

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It was a great comeback, but a lousy game. Past two games we have let the other team own the first period. Can't happen if we hope to control our destiny.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It was a great comeback, but a lousy game. Past two games we have let the other team own the first period. Can't happen if we hope to control our destiny.
Yep, put we have a long long way to go. I was glad to see the Pens roll out players that aren't looking for a fight but also ready and willing to stick up for their teammates and push their weight around. The lines didn't look small by any means. Will be interesting to see how the game pans out on Tuesday. Not expecting a win but I think we will definitely see a much different style of play and one we've been talking about for awhile.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, put we have a long long way to go. I was glad to see the Pens roll out players that aren't looking for a fight but also ready and willing to stick up for their teammates and push their weight around. The lines didn't look small by any means. Will be interesting to see how the game pans out on Tuesday. Not expecting a win but I think we will definitely see a much different style of play and one we've been talking about for awhile.
Pfft. We’re rolling through Tampa. Screw those guys. So we’re on espn on tuesday huh? Not that it makes a difference but gonna weird not having nbc broadcast the games

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Pfft. We’re rolling through Tampa. Screw those guys. So we’re on espn on tuesday huh? Not that it makes a difference but gonna weird not having nbc broadcast the games
I heard the Tampa lost their entire third line in the offseason. Let's hope that softens them up.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I read an article this morning on the Penguins App that included the roster. I did not see any of the heavywights that helped pull out the last couple games....Guessing we are going back to small and timid. Hoping that is not the case.