• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't name one current Pirate player or coach today but I still hate that team with a passion. :)
As an SN member named Omar would say

“That’s cute sparky”

;)

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Aside, these aren’t the worst Pens rosters assembled. Enjoy the games now. Dark times whether it’s franchise related or even with the way the world is now. Pro sports may be a slow dying industry itself

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. Nutting ruined that organization. Last purchase I made from the pirates was a Bradenton maurauders cap two years ago. After that, the team is not getting a dime from me
Let's Go Branenton!

• Haha
Reactions: JMM

Vader

Reaction score
I've said it 1000 times but I'll add it once again... the pens don't have a goalie who can win a cup. IMHO this is going to be a carbon copy of the last few years. Maybe make the playoffs then one and done. I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting but not totally unexpected. Lemieux is probably about ready to go sit on a beach somewhere and didn't one of, or the main financial backers leave the ownership group a year or two ago?
Burkle is out. Lemieux will stay on as minority owner. There is no expected change in the hockey ops. They’ll still be the Pens

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what else we could have done to win this game tonight, but it just wasn't meant to be. Painful loss.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what else we could have done to win this game tonight, but it just wasn't meant to be. Painful loss.
Didnt watch. Saw the final score. Man the Pens are in a funk right now.

Side note: be glad Burkle no longer holds stake in the team. He is one shady dude

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Burkle is out. Lemieux will stay on as minority owner. There is no expected change in the hockey ops. They’ll still be the Pens
Lemieux as a minority owner...That will be interesting. Hoping new ownership shakes the tree a bit. This team is going nowhere except maybe another first round exit with the current cast of characters. Pretty much the same group as last year just another year older....

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe the new ownership will buy the Pirates. Buy one get one half off....
That would be nice. They need a shake up.

I know Fenway group owns Liverpool, the Boston red sox and some nascar team. Supposedly they are loaded with $$$. Would like to see a meaner team myself

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
That would be nice. They need a shake up.

I know Fenway group owns Liverpool, the Boston red sox and some nascar team. Supposedly they are loaded with $$$. Would like to see a meaner team myself
They seem to like winning. That's good.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m sure the bostonian in Sullivan will appreciate the gesture. Wonder how close the deal is?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m sure the bostonian in Sullivan will appreciate the gesture. Wonder how close the deal is?
They said "late stages" of a deal.

Reactions: MTC