• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pens have a problem w/backup goalie.....
They do, but I also think they tend to get sloppy defensively as well. Last nights game against Ottawa. The Pens of recent years have given up leads. Like they get really conservative and mistakes are amplified. Especially with Letang and Malkin.

So yes, DeSmith does have a lot of faults but the defense does as well

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the Pens played a pretty good game overall, with the exception being Malkin's stupid turnover that led to the shorty.

And DeSmith is not an NHL caliber goalie. Surely there is SOMEBODY out there that is better than that. Domingue isn't the answer either.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I thought the Pens played a pretty good game overall, with the exception being Malkin's stupid turnover that led to the shorty.

And DeSmith is not an NHL caliber goalie. Surely there is SOMEBODY out there that is better than that. Domingue isn't the answer either.
He's got a cool sounding name though so he's got that going for him ..Yes...We have the Dominator starting in goal tonight....

While DeSmith sounds like a host for a morning coffee talk show.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

I still think Alex D’Orio needs to be given an opportunity in goal.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I still think Alex D’Orio needs to be given an opportunity in goal.
Truthfully, Domingue has looked pretty good. He still has the chance, IMO.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Truthfully, Domingue has looked pretty good. He still has the chance, IMO.
Alex D’Orio is younger and has a higher potential for growth. Especially with what the Pens goalie coaches have been able to get what they can out of Jarry and DeSmith.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
They have some pretty good mojo going. I'd probably move Malkin for a decent goalie right about now. He just seems like a liability nowadays. Which he could fix easily, but doesn't.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
They have some pretty good mojo going. I'd probably move Malkin for a decent goalie right about now. He just seems like a liability nowadays. Which he could fix easily, but doesn't.
I’d move Rust and Zucker. Malkin is old. He ain’t going anywhere.
ERod fits on Sid’s line better than Rust. Rust has games he looks like his old self. But I’d trade him while return value is high.

They have Alex D’Orio and Filip Lindberg down in the minors. Both are young and show signs for growth/franchise perhaps. They don’t need a goalie when the two future guys are in the minors. However I would either cut DeSmith or Domingue or send one of them down and start getting the young guys ready

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I’d move Rust and Zucker. Malkin is old. He ain’t going anywhere.
ERod fits on Sid’s line better than Rust. Rust has games he looks like his old self. But I’d trade him while return value is high.

They have Alex D’Orio and Filip Lindberg down in the minors. Both are young and show signs for growth/franchise perhaps. They don’t need a goalie when the two future guys are in the minors. However I would either cut DeSmith or Domingue or send one of them down and start getting the young guys ready
I agree. I would be surprised of Zucker is here much longer. Our focus is to keep this core together as long as possible, which means we have to resign Jake. He won't be cheap.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. I would be surprised of Zucker is here much longer. Our focus is to keep this core together as long as possible, which means we have to resign Jake. He won't be cheap.
I think Jake is the future captain. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pens build around him after the core group retires

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Geno gave up the turn over on a PP again. If not for Jarry, he would have given up another shorty - two games in a row

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens have historically played bad on weekend afternoon games. This is nothing new

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
They are just playing better than we are. Nothing really special is going on.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, how about that???? Two goals for the good guys in nine seconds

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I listened to most of the game while working on chores. Tuned into the video feed in time to catch the first pens goal
I have it on in the background. Doing chores here too. Gonna grab a workout now in a bit

Reactions: JMM