• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hoping for a good season. Very pre-transitional for this team.

Hoping that we are not entering a drought regarding talent.

Go Pens!

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
if we only had a NHL caliper goalie...

Oh the possibilities..
Gonna take more than that I'm afraid, but your point is well taken. Not sure what to make of this team as it is a near carbon copy of last year's team. New faces could make a difference, but I expect a decent regular season, maybe a 4th seed and a quick playoff exit if they even make it. Granted, that could change with a couple of quality personnel moves, but you have to give something to get something so we shall see.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Lazy Russian out 2 months. Nothing like waiting til you come back to the states to tell the team you need surgery. **** I can't stand that guys and wish he was playing elsewhere. Sid out with wrist surgery, but they tried multiple things to rehab before going under knife...

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
partial pens schedule.PNG

Crap. We open in TB. That might be a bit tough.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Would anyone be up for a meet up at the Denver game on 4/2/22? Might be a fun time.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I have no idea what kind of team they'll have. I do know the core is getting old, so I hope in the next few years they can find the next Mario,Jagr or Crosby type player. They've been fortunate with finding some of the greatest offensive players in NHL history.

I don't know if these guys have a cup left in them or not. We will certainly find out.

Vader

Reaction score
I have no idea what kind of team they'll have. I do know the core is getting old, so I hope in the next few years they can find the next Mario,Jagr or Crosby type player. They've been fortunate with finding some of the greatest offensive players in NHL history.

I don't know if these guys have a cup left in them or not. We will certainly find out.
It's basically the same team as last year except a year older. I don't expect much out of them in the playoffs. They have enough talent to make the post season but I could easily see them losing again in the first round.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

Unfortunately as you know, it takes a really ****** year or two and a little luck to find the next franchise player...It would be awesome to see Sid play with the next franchise player like we had way back in the day when Mario called it a career but it will take a bad year, a great lottery pick, and a generational talent to be there at the right time. I guess that is why is so frustrating to see wasted years with the Pens and for that matter the Steelers....Those franchise players are few and far between.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately as you know, it takes a really ****** year or two and a little luck to find the next franchise player...It would be awesome to see Sid play with the next franchise player like we had way back in the day when Mario called it a career but it will take a bad year, a great lottery pick, and a generational talent to be there at the right time. I guess that is why is so frustrating to see wasted years with the Pens and for that matter the Steelers....Those franchise players are few and far between.
I don’t see any franchise players for a few years.
I think Guentzel will become captain. Marino, Poulin, Legare perhaps have the potential to at least be your Jordan Staal, Tyler Kennedy type of role players.

I don’t think a rebuild will be necessary but losing Sid and Malkin to father time will show soon. Just like Roethlisberger. Enjoy the positives while they are around. Lower the expectations a bit and you’ll find yourself surprised

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I don’t see any franchise players for a few years.
I think Guentzel will become captain. Marino, Poulin, Legare perhaps have the potential to at least be your Jordan Staal, Tyler Kennedy type of role players.

I don’t think a rebuild will be necessary but losing Sid and Malkin to father time will show soon. Just like Roethlisberger. Enjoy the positives while they are around. Lower the expectations a bit and you’ll find yourself surprised
Not sure about you but I do not see a true up and coming franchise player on this roster. I'm thinking the next Crosby type franchise player for the Pens is many years away from being drafted...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure about you but I do not see a true up and coming franchise player on this roster. I'm thinking the next Crosby type franchise player for the Pens is many years away from being drafted...
That’s why I said I don’t see any franchsie players for a few years.

I do think we have enough on the roster to be competitive. I’m optimistic about Poulin and Lagare granted they give these guys some playing time. I’d also like to see D’orio in net. Give these young guys a shot

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Having Sid, Malkin and MAF. It was a good run. Had ups and downs with Therrien, Bylsma, Johnston and Sully. But throughout we’ve always been competitive.

At one point Sid was questioned as a leader and enter Sully and back to back cups. I don’t see the Pens going the way the Blackhawks and the Kings went. I’m actually optimistic in the Pens being competitive.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We have 12 SOGs and they have two. We're down 1-0. Lame

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Having Sid, Malkin and MAF. It was a good run. Had ups and downs with Therrien, Bylsma, Johnston and Sully. But throughout we’ve always been competitive.

At one point Sid was questioned as a leader and enter Sully and back to back cups. I don’t see the Pens going the way the Blackhawks and the Kings went. I’m actually optimistic in the Pens being competitive.
I'd bet $5 the Blackhawks finish better than the Pens this year.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd bet $5 the Blackhawks finish better than the Pens this year.
Wow. Hope you're wrong. I think that young kids will rise up like they did last year.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
That "In The Room" stuff was very cool.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
You all are missing a very good preseason game right now. We have a really good second tier team, and it is showing.

Reactions: JMM

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Good to hear the ol 29er calling the game. Great...I tuned in just in time to hear a goal against....
Can you turn it off now, please!?