• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't win them all. It will be interesting to see how they respond on Thursday. I haven't been watching the other teams but Carolina is definitely on fire. 5-0 with the Caps just behind them.
Caps look good so far. They are aging however.
Carolina is a young team definitely need to watch them on a playoff radar. Whatever B’rindamour is building is working in Carolina.

Reactions: JMM

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The flames look good. On a four game winning streak. Now up 1-0. I still think we can do this.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Caps look good so far. They are aging however.
Carolina is a young team definitely need to watch them on a playoff radar. Whatever B’rindamour is building is working in Carolina.
The Caps don't look so great to me. 3 Players have scored 17 of their 28 goals for. Ovechkin is on a tear. 13 points in the first 7, including 8 goals. Aside from that, they are 4-0-3. As you mentioned, they are getting old. Ovechkin is the only thing keeping them from being also-rans.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Caps don't look so great to me. 3 Players have scored 17 of their 28 goals for. Ovechkin is on a tear. 13 points in the first 7, including 8 goals. Aside from that, they are 4-0-3. As you mentioned, they are getting old. Ovechkin is the only thing keeping them from being also-rans.
They don’t look great anymore cause they are dealing with injuries. Ovechkin will not sustain what he’s doing. They are old and now it’s starting to show.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The flames look good. On a four game winning streak. Now up 1-0. I still think we can do this.
Pens are playing awesome. They just cannot score. Puck movement, zone entry, shooting. It’s all there

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Johnny Gadreau looks like he’s still in high school

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Pens are playing awesome. They just cannot score. Puck movement, zone entry, shooting. It’s all there
We don’t have that guy that can put the puck past the goalie right now.
Teams are figuring out our high energy, quick passing.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
DeSmith has laid a few eggs this season. I thought he was better than that.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
We don’t have that guy that can put the puck past the goalie right now.
Teams are figuring out our high energy, quick passing.
The Pens are in great position, they just don’t aim top shelf. They are having a hard time elevating the puck

str8liner

Reaction score
Agreed. Their actual game strategy is great. They do everything but score.

The goalie for the Flames was making some hellish saves last night. Markstrom or whatever his name is.

You could tell early on it was going to be tough to score against him. At 2-0 I pretty much wrote them off.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The goalie for the Flames was making some hellish saves last night. Markstrom or whatever his name is.

You could tell early on it was going to be tough to score against him. At 2-0 I pretty much wrote them off.
The Pens are playing some hot goalies.
I’m not concerned as long as they keep playing how they are

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The pens are pretty damn fast this year. I like their strategy too. I’ve noticed the wingers use their speed, dump into the offensive zone and try to utilize the boards to look into a rebound or pass.

They also set up the centerman nicely for point blank shots

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
They have decent size and decent speed, but they just are missing too much firepower right now. Read that Crosby and Carter will be game time decisions against the Devils. I'm guessing both will play. Pens could use the help.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Yeah the pens shooters need to shoot faster rather than try to pick a spot… if you aren’t a sniper, get it on net quick and good things happen… it takes a second for a goalie to react so if you already have the shot off as soon as you get it, it creates havoc

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens are not fast. They are getting exposed as the slow plodding dinosaurs they skate like. I lost count of the break aways and odd man rushes the Devils have had. Jarry is the only reason the Pens aren't getting embarrassed on the scoreboard.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens are not fast. They are getting exposed as the slow plodding dinosaurs they skate like. I lost count of the break aways and odd man rushes the Devils have had. Jarry is the only reason the Pens aren't getting embarrassed on the scoreboard.
The Sid effect. When he returns we walk away from our attack. I almost predicted a loss tonight,

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, that stinks.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It's really an embarrassing loss. Their third string netminder, and Sid back with Carter. At home. I hope this one stings for them. They need to feel like crap for a bit.