• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Whelp,,I'm pissed that we gave up a 3-1 lead to lose the series and just knew it was going to happen....That said, my best friend from college and best friend all around, the one I was giving **** to earlier who is the Rangers fan, is going through one hell of a tough time health wise (Might be the big C and I discovered this after sending photo of Recently Dead Igor) and if there is any silver lining, I hope his Rangers go on to beat the Canes and make his day. I'll talk **** with him about this series when he's feeling better. Get well soon Dave. But I'm still pissed. :)

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Which of the three headed monster goes or stays?
This is pretty much like when Bonilla, Bonds, Drabek, VanSlyke were up for free agency. The Bucs waited till the latest minute to do anything but those players still had a lot of tread left on the tires. The Pens, like the Bucs cannot get **** for them now....Terrible management to have your major stars come due during the same offseason if you ask me but what do I know. I say let Malkin, Letang and Rust go. Save your money for later...It's time to regroup..

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
This is pretty much like when Bonilla, Bonds, Drabek, VanSlyke were up for free agency. The Bucs waited till the latest minute to do anything but those players still had a lot of tread left on the tires. The Pens, like the Bucs cannot get **** for them now....Terrible management to have your major stars come due during the same offseason if you ask me but what do I know. I say let Malkin, Letang and Rust go. Save your money for later...It's time to regroup..
I bet they try to keep Rusty. May not happen, but he has some game.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Saw this coming a mile away… pens can’t finish a team when they have to.

Time to rebuild and move on from some of the big contracts.

Malkin and Letang both need to go bye bye

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ownership just cannot be happy with yet another 1st round playoff collapse. Up 3-1 in this series and 2-0 in one of the games, and lose 3 in a row. There just is no excuse. Just like with Tomlin and the Steelers, how long will they let this happen?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Ownership just cannot be happy with yet another 1st round playoff collapse. Up 3-1 in this series and 2-0 in one of the games, and lose 3 in a row. There just is no excuse. Just like with Tomlin and the Steelers, how long will they let this happen?
Well this is the first true offseason under new ownership. Let’s see what happens

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Well this is the first true offseason under new ownership. Let’s see what happens
I am hoping that they make the hard changes. At this point the choice is to get new faces and possibly not make the playoffs, or keep the old faces and guarantee to not make the second round of the playoffs.

I'll hope for the first choice.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Marino had a really poor game. Two bad plays led directly to Rangers goals.

Jarry played decently, but it was a lot to expect of the guy to be thrust into a Game 7 after not playing for over a month. That bad goal allowed by Domingue to lose game 6 made the urgency to bring Jarry back understandable, though.

The rule of not being allowed to play without a helmet for a few seconds is stupid. Guys played well into the mid-90s without one by choice, for Christ's sake. If Pettersson doesn't get his bucket ripped off his f*cking head, he's right there to intercept that puck and get it out of the zone. Really bad break there for the Penguins.

Just really tough to see them blow 2-goal leads in games 5 and 6, then give up a tying goal with under six minutes left in regulation in game 7. Horrible play by McGinn in OT, all he needs to do there is get the puck deep instead of skating back towards the blue line. The penalty kill that was so strong most of the season was a huge liability in this series.

A disappointing end to another promising season. I can't see the big three remaining together with the Penguins...it's the end of an era.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Sid's injury turned the series. You can't tell me different. Up 2-0, controlling the play, the Pens were playing their game. It should have never gone to a Game 7. When they lost on Friday, the Rangers had everything fall into their lap after being dead in the water.
I love Sullivan as a coach. As good as he is, he can be stuck in his ways which can be good most of the time, but can be hinderance, too. I want to see some toughness and be hard to play against. We have talent, but can get pushed around. To re-tool the team, we will have to let Malkin go. I'd be hard-pressed to even talk about Sid because he is the face of the franchise and doesn't have too many years left. LeTang, he takes up a lot of minutes, but is getting up there and makes a ton of money. They are all hard choices. Carter is a fine player, but he is way up there. Boyle played really well, but he came out of retirement. Do they push to keep Rust? I like Rusty and he plays hard, but can they afford him? I am interested in seeing how the new ownership group handles this off-season. Thank you for another exciting season, Pens! Looking forward to Oct.

str8liner

Reaction score
Marino had a really poor game. Two bad plays led directly to Rangers goals.

Jarry played decently, but it was a lot to expect of the guy to be thrust into a Game 7 after not playing for over a month. That bad goal allowed by Domingue to lose game 6 made the urgency to bring Jarry back understandable, though.

The rule of not being allowed to play without a helmet for a few seconds is stupid. Guys played well into the mid-90s without one by choice, for Christ's sake. If Pettersson doesn't get his bucket ripped off his f*cking head, he's right there to intercept that puck and get it out of the zone. Really bad break there for the Penguins.

Just really tough to see them blow 2-goal leads in games 5 and 6, then give up a tying goal with under six minutes left in regulation in game 7. Horrible play by McGinn in OT, all he needs to do there is get the puck deep instead of skating back towards the blue line. The penalty kill that was so strong most of the season was a huge liability in this series.

A disappointing end to another promising season. I can't see the big three remaining together with the Penguins...it's the end of an era.

I was going to post about Marino a few times in the series but at this point anymore what is the use....We see this time and time again from this team. Stupid penalties, stupid turnovers, this guy hurt, that guy hurt, my god, its been this way for several years now....

The minute Crosby got hurt I knew the series was over. You would think the veteran presence on this team would be able to right the ship when a game or series turns, but it never does...

And honestly, who here thinks this team had a chance to make it out of the East, and figure out a way to beat what most likely will be the Avalanche on the Western side?

I don't.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I was going to post about Marino a few times in the series but at this point anymore what is the use....We see this time and time again from this team. Stupid penalties, stupid turnovers, this guy hurt, that guy hurt, my god, its been this way for several years now....

The minute Crosby got hurt I knew the series was over. You would think the veteran presence on this team would be able to right the ship when a game or series turns, but it never does...

And honestly, who here thinks this team had a chance to make it out of the East, and figure out a way to beat what most likely will be the Avalanche on the Western side?

I don't.
Realistically, they probably wouldn't get past CAR, but I wanted to see them out of the first round for Sid, Geno, Carter and Letang sake. Their window is almost shut. Anything can happen in the PO, but we got our Cups and I'm very grateful for them. There is no way we can play with the West. They are what I want the Pens to be. Big, fast and physical. The Pens are small, older and more of a finesse team. It happens after the run they have had. Very Ben-like. They are good enough to get to the PO, but time is on the downslope.

Last edited:

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well...when one of your defenseman kicks a couple of goals in and the other screens his own goalie on several occasions throughout the series....not so good things are going to happen..

Its been a great run....but Malkin, Carter, and Letang need to go...
Use that money for some physicality, especially on defense..

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Well...when one of your defenseman kicks a couple of goals in and the other screens his own goalie on several occasions throughout the series....not so good things are going to happen..

Its been a great run....but Malkin, Carter, and Letang need to go...
Use that money for some physicality, especially on defense..
Carter has to go for sure. I’d keep Malkin at a discount, Letang plays a ton of minutes and he’s basically a double edged sword. They have to get younger and tougher if they plan on retaining all 3 (Sid, Malkin, Letang)

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I am hoping that they make the hard changes. At this point the choice is to get new faces and possibly not make the playoffs, or keep the old faces and guarantee to not make the second round of the playoffs.

I'll hope for the first choice.
They’re going to have to rebuild eventually.