• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pete Carroll vs. Mike Tomlin

Spike

Reaction score
I watched them play Cincy, slow start, they barely squeaked out a win, Andy had 400 yds and was moving the ball pretty good, they should have won.

If the Steelers dont come on fire after that *** raping they can just kiss the season goodbye

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The point is Seattle is pass defense leaky. And the Steelers usually bounce back after a 20 point plus loss. I think BigBen is like 6 and 1.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is the guy who lost a Super Bowl passing from the 1 when he had the best short-yardage back in the league in the backfield. I think that's dumber than anything Shades ever did.

tomlindance.gif

Last edited:

Spike

Reaction score
Without AB this is just a bland, average offense, Ben cant force the ball deep with these second tier WRs. If they cant get open again its another !ong day.

Seattle is due for a bounce back too, Wilson had trouble with the Cincy aggressive defense, ours needs to show up early and not get behind or its another long day

Could be the battle of the 3 and out teams! lolololol

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Pete Carroll loos like Roger Waters and Mike Tomlin looks like Mike Epps

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Pete Carroll is the guy who lost a Super Bowl passing from the 1 when he had the best short-yardage back in the league in the backfield. I think that's dumber than anything Shades ever did.

tomlindance.gif

At least that play saved a TD!

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Pete Carroll was the guy who figured out how to shut down Kordell Stewart in the playoffs in 97.

Before that wildcard game, (perhaps a divisional game), Stewart was tearing the league up in 97 with rushing and passing TDs. Carroll figured out that Stewart NEVER threw after he broke contain and started running. So, he put his fastest linebacker in spy and 'allowed' Stewart to break out of the pocket. As soon as Stewart began moving toward the L.O.S. everyone pretty much knew they could give up coverage and flow toward Stewart.

After that Stewart was pretty much only able to rely on his passing, which of course was actually his weakest skillset.

(The Steelers still won the game 7-6 but the book on Stewart was out. Not long after that the Broncos beat the Steelers in the championship game.)

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Pete Carroll was the guy who figured out how to shut down Kordell Stewart in the playoffs in 97.

Before that wildcard game, (perhaps a divisional game), Stewart was tearing the league up in 97 with rushing and passing TDs. Carroll figured out that Stewart NEVER threw after he broke contain and started running. So, he put his fastest linebacker in spy and 'allowed' Stewart to break out of the pocket. As soon as Stewart began moving toward the L.O.S. everyone pretty much knew they could give up coverage and flow toward Stewart.

After that Stewart was pretty much only able to rely on his passing, which of course was actually his weakest skillset.

(The Steelers still won the game 7-6 but the book on Stewart was out. Not long after that the Broncos beat the Steelers in the championship game.)

I remember that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Vader

Reaction score
They have similar accomplishments. The difference is that Carroll took over a team that had never won a SB and used his drafts to build his own team. Yes, he was stupid to pass the ball that one time. However Tomlin has done some stupid things as well. Going for 2 after a penalty. So it was a 12 yard 2 Pt conversion try. Acting like he doesn't see the Baltimore player running down the side line.

Hey remember that time Tomlin had Ben throwing a bomb out of his own endzone in the SB? Then he gets hit by his own OL and throws a pick? And I could go on.