• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Peter King Mock Draft....

FordFairLane

Reaction score
If we trade down, get Fuller, and a 2nd I'd be happy. In fact I wouldn't be upset if we traded from there with Houston and take their #33 and #65 so they could grab Bortles and we get three second rounders and the first and one of the last third rounders.

ZACKB

Reaction score
I love his mock. I would take Fuller, then a Dlineman and OLB in rd 2. Wr in rd 3.

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
Make it so. If they could manage to get Fuller and an extra 2d, I'd be as happy as I was pissed after rd1 last year.

ZACKB

Reaction score
I see Miami, Philly, NYJ, and San Fran and teams that want to trade up. If OBJr and of of Martin/Lewan are around we could have some nice trade back opportunities.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Aint no way we get a 2nd round pick, simply for the Iggles to move up 7 measly spots. I think maybe a 3rd would be fair market value.

That being said- I would take a third rd pick from Philly in a heartbeat!

ZACKB

Reaction score
Believe me, a few teams love PBJ, and think he is barely behind Watkins. Hell...we love him too. Considering that...you gotta create a bidding war and get a second for him. A third and fourth...at least.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I still think someone will take Bridgewater in the 1st.

Though if he lasts to 20, I can see the Texans taking him at the top of the 2nd, provided they do not trade up.
In this draft, Carr, Bortles and Bridgewater are still available at 20. The only team after us that may be inclined to take a QB (though not in the 1st) are Dallas (Romo sucks and is breaking down) and Denver (Peyton won't play but another 2 seasons at most). Thus, Houston could either stand pat and take the remaining QB between those three or trade up. The significance of trading up for Houston is that if they do not, then Carr, Bortles and/or Bridgewater may all three be gone.

I'd be very interested in trading down with Houston in that situation, considering they may be coerced into over-valuing the selection.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A second does seem a bit much to move up 7 spots for Philly but I sure wouldn't hesitate to take that deal if they offered it.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Aint no way we get a 2nd round pick, simply for the Iggles to move up 7 measly spots. I think maybe a 3rd would be fair market value.

That being said- I would take a third rd pick from Philly in a heartbeat!

Maybe, maybe not. According to the value chart, the 22nd and 54th picks are worth 1140 points. The 15th pick is worth 1050. The difference is 90 points. If a team between the Steelers-Eagles is offering a 1st and 3rd, say the Jets (picks 18&80), that gives them a point value of 1090. The Eagles would have to beat that to entice the Steelers to move down lower.

It all depends on how hot that pick becomes.

ZACKB

Reaction score
The Cards May want Bortles, so they may want to trade up too!!

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
d'oh! forgot about the Cardinals.

Arizona, Cleveland, Dallas and Denver may be in line to snag Carr, Bortles and/or Bridgewater.

ZACKB

Reaction score
lots of trade down scenarios...ohhh, I wish the draft was tonight... Dammit!!!

Vader

Reaction score
I don't see Clowney falling that far. I do like the trade with the iggles.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Hoiston and Rams won't take him. Jax would. If Houston or St. Louis trade down then he will go top 2....if not Jax may take him.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I would be nervous about losing a top tier corner if we traded down. If it broke like this I would be happy for sure. Having two seconds would be really intriguing. I'm not sure this is the draft to be trading down and collecting more picks because we need talent asap, but collecting picks and building depth could be gold in another season or two. This is not how we typically do business, and yet this offseason has gone off differently than we normally do business. Two days and counting.

GarrettG

Reaction score
If they move to #22, it will signal that at least 8 of the 19 players they are comfortable with in Round 1 are still available. Far from a sure thing that Fuller is there though.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
If they move to #22, it will signal that at least 8 of the 19 players they are comfortable with in Round 1 are still available. Far from a sure thing that Fuller is there though.

I'm not even sure Fuller will be there at #15. There's speculation that a growing number of teams have him as the #1 CB on their boards.

steelpastor

Reaction score

All I can say is this... If we end up with Fuller AND a 2nd round pick, I will be ecstatic!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ready for the draft already hurry up and get here ! !

keslerclan

Reaction score
This would be a Godsend, IMO. Let the "DraftGame" begin. IMO, this draft will see some 4th round graded talent go in round 2 and so on which means that decent talent can be had all the way through the 5th round. It is not like other drafts in that a 5th is necessarily a career back-up. There is depth hidden all around. I like our chances of landing some talent with more picks in the 2-3 range. Trade away!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
With the top 3 OTs, top 2 WRs, top 2 CBs, Mack, and Clowney gone, this is the best case scenario we can hope for. Trading down HAS to be an option in this circumstance. If we can do it for that kind of value and still pick up Fuller 8 spots later and gain a 2nd? I'm all over this!

CorpusDsteelers

Reaction score
I'm not even sure Fuller will be there at #15. There's speculation that a growing number of teams have him as the #1 CB on their boards.

Seems he's been moving up fast the last week. A lot of new mocks got him top 10-12

Wingman

Reaction score
I think the only thing these players are really moving on are the pundits draft boards. I would be surprised unless a major felony is discovered during a back ground check or something of that nature shows up unexpectedly if there is much movement at all. I would really be surprised if the draft rankings change much at all in the war rooms of the teams.