• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Peter King Mock Draft....

LT Dan

Reaction score
1. CB Fuller V Tech
2. DE Crichton OR ST
2. Best WR available
3. DT Justin Ellis Louisiana Tech
4. CB L. Purifoy FL
5. WR L'Damian Washington Mizz
5. OLB J. Powell FL
6. TE Tre Burton FL
6. MLB Greg Blair Cin
7. RB James Wilder FSU

Last edited:

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
1 cb fuller
2 wr trade down moncrief
3 de urban
4 nt ellis
4 b cb aikens
5 te grimble
6 olb shambo/powell
7 wr janis/hazel

ark steel

Reaction score
Seems he's been moving up fast the last week. A lot of new mocks got him top 10-12

I'm not even sure Fuller will be there at #15. There's speculation that a growing number of teams have him as the #1 CB on their boards.

I think the only thing these players are really moving on are the pundits draft boards. I would be surprised unless a major felony is discovered during a back ground check or something of that nature shows up unexpectedly if there is much movement at all. I would really be surprised if the draft rankings change much at all in the war rooms of the teams.

What makes a player move up this fast just a couple weeks before the draft? Hype? Mass Hypnotism? Surely, people didn't suddenly notice him.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
What makes a player move up this fast just a couple weeks before the draft? Hype? Mass Hypnotism? Surely, people didn't suddenly notice him.

or maybe gilbert and Dennard were over hyped to us... and now we are learning about someone else from "smart guys"

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
I think the only thing these players are really moving on are the pundits draft boards. I would be surprised unless a major felony is discovered during a back ground check or something of that nature shows up unexpectedly if there is much movement at all. I would really be surprised if the draft rankings change much at all in the war rooms of the teams.

What makes you think teams don't continue assessing and comparing players to the day of the draft?

It's there job to be as thorough as possible.

Spike

Reaction score
Mayock predicts we're taking Fuller at #15

Strengths Good size and balance. Plays faster than he times thanks to keen instincts, anticipation and route recognition. Zone aware with good eyes, ball reactions and hands to intercept. Outstanding leaping ability. Willing run supporter. Has special-teams experience, including as a gunner and jammer. Tough and durable -- logged 42 career starts. Team captain who understands what it means to be a pro. Was a 21-year-old senior.

Weaknesses Could stand to get stronger -- managed just 12 benchpress reps at the Combine. Man-cover limitations. Lacks twitch for the position. Has a choppy pedal and some tightness in transition. Gives up separation at the break point. Average production on the ball. Shows some stiffness when required to break down and tackle in space. Slips off some tackles. Squats on routes and is susceptible to double moves.

Draft Projection Rounds 1-2

Bottom Line Narrow-framed, confident, competitive off-man/zone corner with nice length, field speed and awareness. Is capable of contributing early on special teams and in sub packages.

ark steel

Reaction score
What makes you think teams don't continue assessing and comparing players to the day of the draft?

It's there job to be as thorough as possible.

I'm sure we all realize that teams continually assess and compare players. A player moving up so quickly this late doesn't make a lot of sense to me. However, after posting, I realized that what we see is how the draftniks are looking at guys and grading them which may not correlate at all to how teams graded the players. For a guy like this, it may be that teams already had him graded higher and the draftniks are just now catching up.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
1. CB Fuller V Tech
2. DE Crichton OR ST
2. Best WR available
3. DT Justin Ellis Louisiana Tech
4. CB L. Purifoy FL
5. WR L'Damian Washington Mizz
5. OLB J. Powell FL
6. TE Tre Burton FL
6. MLB Greg Blair Cin
7. RB James Wilder FSU

Purifoy, isn't being drafted by Pitt. Arrested for pot and drug possession in March, not to mention skipping out on a DEA plea to catch a dealer.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Fuller is there at 15 take him...otherwise a trade down would be fine