• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickens is "PICKIn" up the game!! C'mon rook............................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great article spencer, thanks

it says Pickens has been the best in camp so far but Johnson has dominated since his return. Minka said something to pickens and he screamed back, nice conficdence in the rookie.

Fromt page article but posting it here, great read

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Great article spencer, thanks

it says Pickens has been the best in camp so far but Johnson has dominated since his return. Minka said something to pickens and he screamed back, nice conficdence in the rookie.

Fromt page article but posting it here, great read

Salute the nation
Pickens is an alpha dog for sure
You’ll see it in his blocking too

A bigger more athletic Hines Ward, minus the smile and ability to find every little hole in a zone…maybe Anquan Bolden a better comp?

Can’t wait to see him play and really hope he can stay healthy, the one knock on him imo

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not crapping on the guy and hope he is a great player and Steelers type guy. Didn't he have fairly minor off field issues too.

If Cleveland can look the other way when it comes to OFF Field ISSUES, so can we.eeeeeeeeeeeeee

Salute the nation

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Being Cleveland is not the goal. I looked into it. Team suspended twice. Sometimes does what he did today but at next level.
Dont worry Tomlin will control him like Brown.....Off field issues are a concern, but hopefully he has matured. Screaming back after making a big play is not bad. If he went after Minkah and started a brawl it would be a little more concerning.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Being Cleveland is not the goal. I looked into it. Team suspended twice. Sometimes does what he did today but at next level.

My post was complete sarcasm.........................................

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dont worry Tomlin will control him like Brown.....Off field issues are a concern, but hopefully he has matured. Screaming back after making a big play is not bad. If he went after Minkah and started a brawl it would be a little more concerning.

THIS

The internal fire burns and when you over-come to make a great play, your emotions catch you sometimes. Maturity counts but that fire is hot and it counts as well. As long as he isn't assaulting someone, thatn fire is a good thing as it fuels play ability.

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I dont watch College ball. One of you all was talking about Pickens last year and before the draft. cant wait to see him play in a real game.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Not crapping on the guy and hope he is a great player and Steelers type guy. Didn't he have fairly minor off field issues too.
Got suspended for throwing punch vs instate “rival” Yellowjackets and had a minor incident involving a jersey swap/getting compensation for it if memory serves but nothing too crazy.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I will add this for context about Pickens, while I wouldn’t characterize anything he has done as character issues he’s definitely shown a lack of discipline/maturity as his team was crushing the Yellowjackets and he did get himself suspended for the first half of the SEC championship game as a result.

As a huge UGA fan it was quite disappointing for him to let his emotions get the best of him in the situation…but as DIC referenced I also appreciate a guy with the 🔥 and not gonna take **** attitude as every team needs a few guys like that…just gotta be a hit smarter regarding that particular situation.

A lot of people said the same things about Hines back in his UGA days tho and he turned out alright.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I dont watch College ball. One of you all was talking about Pickens last year and before the draft. cant wait to see him play in a real game.
‘Bama sold me on him before the draft, I think… he would have probably gone top ten sans that injury…
Do you know who I’ve really gotten my hope up on? CA3 … i joked about us taking him prior to the draft because we love the small fries, but his combination of actual speed and quickness are really impressive

Shanashian

Reaction score
I will add this for context about Pickens, while I wouldn’t characterize anything he has done as character issues he’s definitely shown a lack of discipline/maturity as his team was crushing the Yellowjackets and he did get himself suspended for the first half of the SEC championship game as a result.
As a huge UGA fan it was quite disappointing for him to let his emotions get the best of him in the situation…but as DIC referenced I also appreciate a guy with the 🔥 and not gonna take **** attitude as every team needs a few guys like that…just gotta be a hit smarter regarding that particular situation.
A lot of people said the same things about Hines back in his UGA days tho and he turned out alright.Discovering the significance of writing apps has truly been a game-changer for my academic journey. These tools, like the ones available at, not only streamline the writing process but also enhance the overall quality of my work. The convenience of having a reliable platform for research paper assistance, as highlighted by https://essaypro.com/pay-for-research-paper, has saved me countless hours and allowed me to focus on refining my ideas. It's remarkable how these apps seamlessly integrate technology to provide valuable insights, grammar checks, and even creative suggestions. As a student who enjoys writing, embracing such tools has not only improved my efficiency but also elevated the caliber of my academic output.
Man, Pickens might lack a bit of discipline, got himself benched in the SEC championship game. As a die-hard UGA fan, it's a letdown, but gotta appreciate that fire and "no BS" vibe. Just needs to play it smarter next time. 🏈💪 #UGAFan #GotThatFire

Last edited:

Misstha70’s

Reaction score
I don't give a damn if he pouts off the field, throw some verticles to him for ****'s sake!!!