• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pirates 2019

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Gonzalez was barely hitting above the Mendoza Line. Don't need to see him again.

That collision was brutal .... don't know why Marte didn't call him off. Shoulda been Marte's ball all the way since he was coming in.

Pretty good lineup they are putting on the field tonight at PNC.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Gonzalez was barely hitting above the Mendoza Line. Don't need to see him again.

That collision was brutal .... don't know why Marte didn't call him off. Shoulda been Marte's ball all the way since he was coming in.

Pretty good lineup they are putting on the field tonight at PNC.

In that situation, it's the outfielder's responsibility to call off the infielder, and Marte didn't do it.

It was about as violent a collision as you'll ever see in baseball.

He and the Pirates are lucky he'll miss only a couple weeks.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Kyle Crick getting tagged. Can we get rid of Hurdle?

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Archer has been microwaved dogshit in his last two outings.

That trade might go down as a back breaker for the franchise.

Overall, they're in the process of losing their 6th straight, as the starting pitching is regressing and Bell is the only regular hitting with any consistency.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Pirates are the Michael Avenatti of MLB. How anyone can support this traveling clown circus,at this point, is mindblowing.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Pirates are the Michael Avenatti of MLB. How anyone can support this traveling clown circus,at this point, is mindblowing.

For me personally, I've been a fan for my entire life.

It's hard to walk away from that, despite the continuous incompetence of the organization.

Also, over the last six years or so, they've managed to just be good enough to keep some glimmer of hope alive, as they did finish above .500 last year.

I know that until Nutting sells the team, nothing is going to really change, but the current state of baseball in Pittsburgh is better than no baseball.

str8liner

Reaction score
Hurdle needs to go.

That would be a start but honestly everyone from the very top, down to Hurdle needs to hit the road and someone actually has to give a damn about winning before it will change. They rope a doped us a few years back, but I have been waiting since Sid Bream slid into home plate in 1992 to REALLY get excited about Pirates baseball again.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Complete dick move by Hurdle to not play Reynolds when on 11 game hitting streak and then pinch hit him and not leave him in the game.
Dissed Reynolds and dissed Pirate fans who enjoyed watching the streak, particularly when it is the kids start to a career. At least
McCutchen trade is not looking too bad so far.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
That trade looks worse by the day, though I'm not convinced the Pirates would have effectively developed the guys they sent to Tampa.

They seemed to do a pretty good job with Meadows, as he made an impact right away when he was called up.

For whatever reason, they just gave up on Glasnow. I know he had his struggles, but the talent was apparent.

I'm sure the Rays are instructing Glasnow differently than the Pirates did, but they simply gave him another chance at starting, something the Pirates refused to do.

I firmly believe the Pirates do not move BOTH Meadows and Glasnow, if they were anywhere near as high on Glasnow as they once we're.

Last edited:

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Could go down as the 132 year old organizations worse trade ever!

Their playing decent ball despite of the front office ineptitude.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Their playing decent ball despite of the front office ineptitude.

The hitting has somewhat improved as they're simply a more dangerous offense with Polanco and Marte on the field and hitting in front of Bell, who is looking like an MVP-caliber player

Of course it happens right when Taillon and Williams get hurt, however.

If they stay around .500 until those two guys get back around July, it would be a minor miracle

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The hitting has somewhat improved as they're simply a more dangerous offense with Polanco and Marte on the field and hitting in front of Bell, who is looking like an MVP-caliber player

Of course it happens right when Taillon and Williams get hurt, however.

If they stay around .500 until those two guys get back around July, it would be a minor miracle

So happy to see Bell find his power stroke...glad we didnt give up on him too!

Just hate that we let Meadows and Glasnow go...that trade tops this one as the worst in pirate history IMO..

OF Kenny Lofton and 3B Aramis Ramirez to the Cubs for IF Jose Hernandez, IF Bobby Hill and RHP Matt Bruback.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Seems like this club is just plain snake bit. After the 79 WS, we had the drug trials, followed by a decade of going nowhere, a brief burst of light in the late 80s early 90s ending with the worst possible end to a game 7 in the playoffs. Followed by 8 years of blah, new ballpark brings new life, followed by Willie dying too young, followed by Kendall snapping his foot off, followed by more years of blah, brief spark with Cutch and a couple wild card games, followed by more mediocrity. It's a wonder anyone follows them.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like this club is just plain snake bit. After the 79 WS, we had the drug trials, followed by a decade of going nowhere, a brief burst of light in the late 80s early 90s ending with the worst possible end to a game 7 in the playoffs. Followed by 8 years of blah, new ballpark brings new life, followed by Willie dying too young, followed by Kendall snapping his foot off, followed by more years of blah, brief spark with Cutch and a couple wild card games, followed by more mediocrity. It's a wonder anyone follows them.

Nice ballpark to catch a game, relatively inexpensive unless you raid the concessions. I think for most people, it is just something to do.