• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pirates 2021

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I am enjoying watching them play the past week. I watched Brubakers 2 starts and he pitched well. Colin Moran is hitting well. Adam Frazier is coming through with big hits in key situations. Bull Pen holding their own.

Overall there is a hustle attitude with these players. I like what I am seeing.

This week.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Moran might actually be a decent player at 1B. I would like to see him, Reynolds, Frazier and Hayes all playing together for an extended period.

They might be entertaining enough to keep them interesting until the Steelers start camp.

The pitching is going to be garbage, though. Brubaker is pitching way over his head, Cahill and Anderson probably should not be starting in the majors, and Keller continues to be a disappointment.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
After being pounded and swept by the Reds, The Pirates have won a series with the Cubs, split a 4 game series with the Padres, and just beat the Brewers in extra innings to win a 3 game series.

The effort is making an impact. Small victories, early in the season, but still good to see.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Another good week for the Bucs.........The last 5 series that have been played, the Pirates have won 4 of them and they spit the series vs the Padres.

Brubaker continues to pitch well, even in a loss, he held the Twins to 5 hits. The Twins pitcher threw a one hitter. However, the bats did come alive in the next 2 games, which were wins.

They finished this road trip 6-3. The bullpen was insane with a 1.46 ERA. This team plays solid ball and has a good chemistry. I do enjoy watching them play.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
2-1 win over the Royals...over .500 heading into May, that's nowhere near expected.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
2-1 win over the Royals...over .500 heading into May, that's nowhere near expected.
And that is the very point of Sarge's article that he posted. The team is winning despite the best efforts of Nutting to bankrupt the organization. We're looking at a real life example of the movie Major League. Someone stand guard in the locker room and make sure no one drinks Jobu's rum!

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The game last night against KC was won in part by a great hit and run call in the seventh. It moved a runner to 3rd where he scored on the next hit ball. Solid baseball.

Bull pen again came through.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Must admit, the Bucs have been a pleasant surprise thus far. Josh Bell BTW ..... .109 ave. with 1 homer.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
20-1. The Pirates lost 20-1 tonight. Good grief.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Also during this game (20-1 loss), the Braves became the first team in MLB history to hit 7 HR and 2 GS in the same game.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Yep...ever since Bonds threw that lollipop to home plate...
It goes back another year for me but I can still see that play like it was yesterday. What really killed em was sure handed Chico bobbling that grounder. I know that play haunted him for awhile. Oh well what could have been.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It goes back another year for me but I can still see that play like it was yesterday. What really killed em was sure handed Chico bobbling that grounder which should have been a double play. I know that play haunted him for awhile. Oh well what could have been.
Yep--those were some fantastic Bucco teams..

Reactions: JMM

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I had to double check that. Pendleton was on second and nobody was on first. No chance if a DP but he could have checked the runner.
I remember it vividly...he made that play a thousand times before...

Reactions: JMM

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep...ever since Bonds threw that lollipop to home plate...
"Greatest ever!!" ******' noodle arm! Couldn't throw out Sid ****** Bream. If Sid raced a tree, a tree would win .................. damn!!!

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel for the Pirates. Those guys gotta know they are going to lose a lot. After taking the series opener against the Braves 6-4, they were out scored 33-3 goals over the last three games. It’s gotta suck showing up to the clubhouse knowing that every series has that possibility. Yeah, the money’s great, but those guys have pride. Bet they all pray for a trade or DFA more often than they would admit.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Remember when the Pirates were 12-12 and there was reason for some (misguided) optimism? They have gone 6-18 since.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't know whether to laugh or cry, Sarge. That play is about as low as it gets. Look at the Cubs players just laughing.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know whether to laugh or cry, Sarge. That play is about as low as it gets. Look at the Cubs players just laughing.

That is just sad. Wow! I think the Albuquerque isotopes would fare better

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I know I rip on the Pirates a lot. My son and I used to make 2-3 trips a year to watch the Pirates at PNC Park. Neither of us care to go anymore. We want to see them win. For the money people spend on them, it’s not too much to ask. There is no effort to build a winner. Until the Pirates organization feels the pain of no revenue due to lack of interest, nothing is going to change.