• Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pirates 2022

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
So they are the Pens?
Nah. The Pens are a good team. They’re just not good enough. They are not built to win in the playoffs. They’ll get there sure as we live and breathe, but when they start banging in the playoffs, the Pens just can’t hang anymore. They’re kinda old, pretty slow and not very physical. That’s not a recipe for modern playoff success.

Reactions: MTC

Supersteeler

Reaction score
So the Pirates were the victims of a no hitter today......and still won the game. Think about that one for a minute. Not sure I've ever seen that happen before.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So the Pirates were the victims of a no hitter today......and still won the game. Think about that one for a minute. Not sure I've ever seen that happen before.
I heard it was the 6th time since 1901.....or over 400,000 ball games!

Got to luv those "Bumbling" Bucs!

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Today they are losing 8-0 in the first inning. The Cubs just hit a grand slam.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It appears finding talent isn't a problem for the Pirates organization, it's just a loser organization.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Young guys, rookies are playing a big part in the current winning. Now 2018 first round pick Travis Swaggerty is being called up to play.
Rookie Jack Suwitsky hit a game winning home run Saturday.
2nd round pick from 2017 Cal Mitchell helped win the game yesterday.

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Hmmm, I see where they swept the Dodgers in LA...

I remember way back in the early days of Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, Drabek, Spanky Lavalliere in the mid-late 80s when the Bucs started playing good ball after what seemed like an eternity of awfulness but it was 6-7 years removed from when they they won the World Series. Sort of puts things in perspective,,,back to my rambling,. The team was treading water but I recall a West Coast swing where they usually struggled but instead, dominated. At that point I thought they had finally become a contender....Which they did a year later. Definitely not giving them that much credit as there have been many sparks of life since 92 but I hope they can build on it and gain much needed traction and confidence.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
6’7” Shortstop Oneil Cruz making his debut this year. He has some real potential. He threw an out at 97 mph.
He just hit in 3 RBI. He is a beast.