• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pittsburgh Steelers Games Could Look Different This Season

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
By: Jessica Costello SteelerNation.com The Coronavirus pandemic is still leaving the NFL 2020 season looking a bit uncertain, but with team schedules back on track, officials are looking at what the possibilities of ‘social distancing’ games may look like. Social distancing will probably impact the whole season for all teams, but Burt Lauten, the Pittsburgh […]
The post Pittsburgh Steelers Games Could Look Different This Season appeared first on SteelerNation.com.

More...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Just hold all games at Prime Time. Particularly Monday night. Team will get all the cash and the crowd will be socially distanced anyhow.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel for the season ticket holders who get turned away at the last minute. Maybe there will be a lottery per each home game stating who goes and who don't or they stager them so all season ticket holders get their share of games. It's a bad deal but the NFL didn't create this pandemic but will be one of many entities to lose customers due to it.

NOTE: with less crowds at games the TV contract will be HUGE.

Salute the nation

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but that's just ******* stupid. The NFL does not require it, so I guaran-*******-tee you that the Browns, Ravens, Bungles sell every seat, for every game. Steelers basically give up a significant part of home field advantage.

Yeah, great, why not just social distance by keeping 6 of the 22 starters off the field every game? You know, so that healthy 24-year old males don't get a cough.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but that's just ******* stupid. The NFL does not require it, so I guaran-*******-tee you that the Browns, Ravens, Bungles sell every seat, for every game. Steelers basically give up a significant part of home field advantage.

Yeah, great, why not just social distance by keeping 6 of the 22 starters off the field every game? You know, so that healthy 24-year old males don't get a cough.

I think it is just a temporary stance. I think they will follow what the guidelines are no less or no more.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is just a temporary stance. I think they will follow what the guidelines are no less or no more.

The story says that the NFL has no rule limiting ticket sales and the Steelers are doing this on their own, so the team is not just following guidelines here.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
It says they are holding back on 50% of the individual game sales. How many seats would that be at Heinz?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Sounds like the NFL is planning for full stadiums -
During a conference call with reporters held on Tuesday, NFL general counsel Jeff Pash said the league is planning for a full season.

“That’s my expectation,” Pash said. “Am I certain? I’m not certain I will be here tomorrow. But I’m planning on it, and I’m planning on a full season.”

Pash separately said that the season would begin on time, and that the games would be played before fans in full stadiums (or, in some cities, stadiums that would not be full unrelated to the virus). He nevertheless acknowledged that much will depend on the public-health situation. But he mentioned that the modeling the league has received suggests that “we may not have to get very far down that road.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...lanning-for-a-full-season-with-full-stadiums/

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The story says that the NFL has no rule limiting ticket sales and the Steelers are doing this on their own, so the team is not just following guidelines here.

Hence the temporary stance statement. What it is now won't necessarily be come game 1.

Let's face it, it takes a minimal amount of time for those tickets to sell..................