• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Plax/AB/Tomlin - perception.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am not saying how you view each name will change. It might and then again maybe none of that initial perception changes after viewing these. But what they are... are good watches.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I am not saying how you view each name will change. It might and then again maybe none of that initial perception changes after viewing these. But what they are... are good watches.

I ran a restaurant in Va Beach years ago. Plex and 4 huge body guards came in and rang up a $1500 check. Got pissed when a table with kids beside them asked them to not say **** every other word.
Plex hit on the 18 year old waitress and then called her a racist when she refused him. Hit on the 16 year old hostess. she left the dining room and told me.

I visited the table, cut 3 of them off from alcohol including Plex. He asked If I knew who he was dealing with. I pointed to my terrible towel hanging above the bar and said I do sir. He said Go Giants and walked out on check. a few minutes later one of his guys came back and paid the check. zero tip.

I can say Plex is not the best person in the world.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I ran a restaurant in Va Beach years ago. Plex and 4 huge body guards came in and rang up a $1500 check. Got pissed when a table with kids beside them asked them to not say **** every other word.
Plex hit on the 18 year old waitress and then called her a racist when she refused him. Hit on the 16 year old hostess. she left the dining room and told me.

I visited the table, cut 3 of them off from alcohol including Plex. He asked If I knew who he was dealing with. I pointed to my terrible towel hanging above the bar and said I do sir. He said Go Giants and walked out on check. a few minutes later one of his guys came back and paid the check. zero tip.

Talk about an entitled mother ****** !!!

I'm glad his piss-boy came back in and paid otherwise you'd get the cops and all that time invovled.

I'll never forget the catch and bounce up and spike the ball play of his, fits his mentality.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS

nice find slash, I'll have to come back and watch fully as BLITZ got me pumped up on the Buress debicle.

Back in my prime I know BLITZ would have hired me for my disposition and I would have beat the **** out of "hand gun" poster boy.

Salute the nation

Last edited:

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
PS

nice find slash, I'll have to come back and watch fully as BLITZ got me pumped up on the Buress debicle.

Back in my prime I know BLITZ would have hired me for my disposition and I would have beat the **** out of "hand gun" poster boy.

Salute the nation
Plax obviously did some growing up....he kept blaming the **** in NY on being a "gun-owner" dipshit as a gun owner the first thing you do is check the laws in the state you are visiting or now living in.

dumbass people do dumbass things

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Plax obviously did some growing up....he kept blaming the **** in NY on being a "gun-owner" dipshit as a gun owner the first thing you do is check the laws in the state you are visiting or now living in.

dumbass people do dumbass things

Fully agree Coolie, your last line definitely describes Plax.............. manditory education on guns is waht this country and some football players need.

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Not saying he is a horrible person. just dont like him as a person..

ps Shamarko Thomas ate in the same restaurant years later and asked for me. I was years gone. turns out I met him when he was in high school and he remembered. nothing but great things to say about him.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

I remember a time at training camp he was acting like an ***. So it is safe to say he had plenty of early less than desirable character issues. I don't know the man well enough to know if he changed. But he seems effected by his gun shot incident. Maybe that changed him for the better.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Talk about an entitled mother ****** !!!

I'm glad his piss-boy came back in and paid otherwise you'd get the cops and all that time invovled.

I'll never forget the catch and bounce up and spike the ball play of his, fits his mentality.

Salute the nation
My one lasting memory of Plex!!!
His first big play and he tops it off like that

Well that and the memory of him shooting himself…

The restaurant story really says it all too

What a mess that dude is

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My one lasting memory of Plex!!!
His first big play and he tops it off like that

Well that and the memory of him shooting himself…

The restaurant story really says it all too

What a mess that dude is

Don't get me wrong, while he was a STEELERS player I loved him and he showed great potential but then down hill from there.

Martavis Bryant had all that going as well until "poison frog" lady and ganga was more important.

Amazing how talented individuals can taint a promising career and then look back at the "what if" the rest of their lives. It happens in all aspects of life.

Salute the nation

steelhurt

Reaction score
One thing for me plays a constant here with these guys, AB, Plexiglass, Bryant. All are punks that think they are entitled and it’s always me,me,me first. Great talent with 10 cent brains. None could make a pimple on Hines Ward’s ***. Hines was the complete football player that did everything asked of him extremely well.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Million dollar body, 10 cent brain. I called Plax "Dumbfuxico" for a solid year after that moronic spike of a live ball. He always seemed like a primadonna that didn't have near the talent he thought he did. The story of the restaurant says it all, he can go **** himself right along with AB and Bell.

Joe

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
His story sounds extremely plausible about the gun incident. He doesn't sound like a bad guy. I do not remember any Ryan Clark rules to be honest.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember a time at training camp he was acting like an ***. So it is safe to say he had plenty of early less than desirable character issues. I don't know the man well enough to know if he changed. But he seems effected by his gun shot incident. Maybe that changed him for the better.

I hope you are right slash, sometimews it takes a tragedy or near tragedy to affect character change and the gunshot wound could be the catalyst.

I'm always for giving people the benifit of the doubt and not judgemental but when BLITZ talked about his entitlement and hitting on 18 & 16 year olds I don't take kindly to that behaivor from anyone.

As people age they change and see things more maturely, I know I did, finally.

Salute the nation

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m glad that I grew up before all the social media thing. I can’t even remember all the stupid, me first **** that I did. He may very well have been an ***, but not so much different than the rest of us.

Steelmann

Reaction score

Most on this thread are commenting on the Plax video. I thought the Tomlin video was outstanding. Actually made me more excited about the challenges that next season presents. I have been as critical of CMT as many on here. This gave me a great look into the man that he is. His enthusiasm is definitely there. Quite a unique individual. Next season will present many opportunities to prove a lot of us nay sayers wrong. Let’s hope he does it.
Great find Slash

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Most on this thread are commenting on the Plax video. I thought the Tomlin video was outstanding. Actually made me more excited about the challenges that next season presents. I have been as critical of CMT as many on here. This gave me a great look into the man that he is. His enthusiasm is definitely there. Quite a unique individual. Next season will present many opportunities to prove a lot of us nay sayers wrong. Let’s hope he does it.
Great find Slash
I thought so too. And I have been very critical of him at times as well. I just want some playoff wins and hope some of these changes pushes the team in that direction. As far as the man goes videos like this makes it easy to like him. Which was primarily why I titled the thread like I did.

skialta

Reaction score
The Tomlin interview was great, Honestly, most of the Pivot conversations are great. To hear Tomlin in 2022 seems different than 2010ish imo. He is not Noll, I think that he's in touch with his players. Clearly they respect him. I've never heard a single player trash him and this is in the social media age.
Honestly that is not something to just brush off. I have come around to acceptedly realizing that he will be the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers as long as he wants to be. and almost any other franchise would jump at the chance to have him.
He is what he is. A likeable guy who is not going to outcoach anyone, ever.
It could definitely be worse. Can't believe I just typed that.
As for Plexico, I remember when he was in the 412 he got pulled over for no drivers license, no insurance blah blah blah. All of the things that you need to keep in order if you are driving a car. Dude had absolutely none of the ****. Just a straight up entitled moron.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Not saying he is a horrible person. just dont like him as a person..

ps Shamarko Thomas ate in the same restaurant years later and asked for me. I was years gone. turns out I met him when he was in high school and he remembered. nothing but great things to say about him.
That’s one player I was surprised didn’t cut it and I wished had… he has a great guy at training camp and could hit like a truck