• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Play of the game?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not the play of the game but a very important one was that beauty Ben threw up and Claypool went up and got it over their best CB on the sideline. They got our O going in the 2nd half.

Another was the great throw and even better catch from Ben to Johnson for a TD.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Not necessarily the key play of the game, but the Pierre pass broken up was gigantic. It was a big play if he didn't knock the ball away. Suttons stop was good, however, that was just an idiotic play call by the Bills.

Steelmann

Reaction score
While I agree with the punt block,the TD to Johnson definitely got the ball rolling. Was the spark that was needed. A FG would have been a semi letdown.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The momentum really started when Micah made a great open field tackle on a excellent back and stopped him short of the line to gain by one yard...which then led to Suttons stop on 4th down..

To me that was when started i to believe..

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not the play of the game but a very important one was that beauty Ben threw up and Claypool went up and got it over their best CB on the sideline. They got our O going in the 2nd half.

Another was the great throw and even better catch from Ben to Johnson for a TD.
That Johnson TD was beautiful. I thought this was a complete team win after a rocky start by STs and offense. Defense gets my game ball.

Last edited:

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not necessarily the key play of the game, but the Pierre pass broken up was gigantic. It was a big play if he didn't knock the ball away. Suttons stop was good, however, that was just an idiotic play call by the Bills.
The Bills probably thought that they would take advantage of the mismatch with a first year starter.

Excellent read and execution by Sutton. It could have went a long way.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Punt block for a TD was it for me. Put the Bills behind the eight ball against our Defense.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would have to say it was me switching from Jai Alai IPA to Great Return IPA during the half. Also heated up some wings on the grill and ate my Steeler Chili. I also threw on my Bettis Jersey.
M.V.P.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Blocked punt by Killebrew with a Gilbert stroll for 6.
Agree, blocked punt and TD although Claypool's catch on the sideline was pretty clutch.

Last edited:

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Id go with the punt block. It put 7 points on the board. There were many big plays but had to pick against one that resulted in a TD and gave us a cushion

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Punt block TD had me scream the loudest,so it wins! That stuff is rare like an eclipse.

Dj Toe Tap and his new found magic hands in the endzone was my other big moment.

I already expected Watt to get at least 2 sacks.

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
Although the Steelers had already taken the lead with DJ's sweet catch, that punt block was huge. Play of the game. The TD catch, TJ's strip sack, Sutton's stuff.... all great plays. So many great plays on D.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Blocked punt changed momentum big time it sucked the life out the crowd and josh he was under duress the rest of the way and forced to throw into very tight windows. Only thing I worry is the run vs jacobs next week hopefully we stuff the run as Tyson Biggs wormley played well rotating in at thirty spot

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
anyone who disagrees with the original post is wrong. Yes the blocked punt was a huge play, but the bills had the ball and a lead. If they had picked up that first down it would have given them the momentum and they may have scored again

Instead the Steelers got the ball and the momentum...they went down the field and scored the go ahead points. Next series is the blocked punt that basically sealed the victory......

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Have to agree, Sutton's stop was huge. Not only do we get the ball back in good field position and score, if he doesn't slip the blocker and tackle Brieda he's gone and I don't think we recover. Brieda runs a 4.3 something and nobody was gonna catch him. The Bills scratched Moss exactly to play Brieda and get him on the outside, Sutton saved the game.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have Ulysees Gilbert the 3rd scoring our 2nd TD of the season??

Me neither.

I'm glad he finally got into a game, dude has been hurt for so long, we forget how disruptive he was in the preseason!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have Ulysees Gilbert the 3rd scoring our 2nd TD of the season??

Me neither.

I'm glad he finally got into a game, dude has been hurt for so long, we forget how disruptive he was in the preseason!
Well to be fair Killebrew was the disrupter, Ulysees was the 6 scoops of raisins in Kellogg's raisin brand.

:D