• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Playoff Scenario

GI Steeler

Reaction score
incidentally, if we both lose out, we most likely get in at 8-8 LMAO

mdk2

Reaction score
If Bills beat the Patriots and Chiefs win out.. as the 6th seed, we'll be heading to Foxboro. That'll be fun lol.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
incidentally, if we both lose out, we most likely get in at 8-8 LMAO

If we both lose both we are out, I think Tennessee would get in on strength of victory I believe.

If we win both we're in.

If we lose one and win one, Tennessee has to lose to Houston and we're in, If the lose to NO and beat Houston we are out.

If we lose both we are out.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If Bills beat the Patriots and Chiefs win out.. as the 6th seed, we'll be heading to Foxboro. That'll be fun lol.

All kidding aside, I would love to see our defense perform in that environment. Even if they didn't win, Just see if they can keep them under 20 and maybe inflict damage on Tom Terrific. Never happen. Pats will be two.Classic Bills let down next week. Happens every time.

mdk2

Reaction score
Beat the Jets, then beat RGIII, simple, really

Ravens will have an offensive scheme put together for RG3's skillset, it won't be simple at all.

It's weird how they design stuff based on what their players do well, no other coaches do that do they?

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
If we both lose out it depends on the colts. The Colts need to lose one game (NO) and win 2 (CAR, JAX). They would finish 8-8 and win over Ten due to H2H. We would then be ahead of Indy due to our H2H win. If the Browns win out they would sneak in at 8-8 (that would truly suck).

Last edited:

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
So if we both win out, are we in? From my understanding, we would be 8-5 in conference and they would be 7-5...

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Your understanding is close. Steelers conference record would be 8-4 vs 7-5 for Tennessee, thus putting Pittsburgh into the postseason.

Steel G

Reaction score
Well, Colts are toast. Though I guess you root for them to beat the Panthers and Jags just to keep that 8-8 contingency plan in place. I don't see the Titans beating the Saints, even at home. The Saints are refocused after that loss to the Niners and they want a bye. However, I don't trust the Texans. I could see them losing to the Titans and down in Tampa to the Bucs. The Bucs have been hot and averaging 31 points a game over the last 6, in which they are 5-1. Nothing you can do but watch the games and see what happens.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Gerry Dulac says he fully expects Mason to be the starting QB again next week... so yeah, we aren't winning another game this year.

Man you are a bitter the last couple days. Lighten up. We have had a good run this year with nothing to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

mdk2

Reaction score
Well, Colts are toast. Though I guess you root for them to beat the Panthers and Jags just to keep that 8-8 contingency plan in place. I don't see the Titans beating the Saints, even at home. The Saints are refocused after that loss to the Niners and they want a bye. However, I don't trust the Texans. I could see them losing to the Titans and down in Tampa to the Bucs. The Bucs have been hot and averaging 31 points a game over the last 6, in which they are 5-1. Nothing you can do but watch the games and see what happens.

Godwin and Evans both should be our for Bucs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The colts winning would have been huge... too bad... like i said before we better not take the Jets lightly

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
The colts winning would have been huge... too bad... like i said before we better not take the Jets lightly

Jets are 5-5 since Darnold returned and their run defense is giving up 3.3 ypc over that stretch, best in the NFL.